The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Riser/Loomis Micro Chop Cup » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
davidbod
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of davidbod
Dennis,

Thanks for the reply. Have sent you another email. If you don't get that one, there's something going wrong...

Thanks

David
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
David,
Got your email. I don't know where the shipment is, but the Post Office is looking into it. I will stand behind the order... if we can't track it down, I'll send you one of mine.

To those on the waiting list: Good News! Jim Riser shipped the final batch yesterday. I should have it tomorrow or Friday and they will go right out to those of you that are waiting.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
To all purchasers of the Loomis/Riser Stainless Steel Micro Chop Cups:
One customer requested that Jim make him an ungimmicked cup to match his magnetic one. Jim did, and while he was at it made a few more. I have 4 of them here, and if any of you would like one, let me know. I'll have to check with Jim on the pricing, but it should be quite reasonable. These match the Stainless steel cups, not the copper.

Thanks again for all of the wonderful support from members of the Café of this product and for our work.

Made quite a lot of friends through this release, and that's worth a lot more than the $$.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I have the copper and I found a stainless steel that is being shipped to me now.

Dennis, these are really excellent.

I wish James would sell the knockout bottom though, that would be the capper!!
Thanks for all your hard work,
James Linn
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
To James,
Well, Jim is pretty busy right now, but it's not a big job to make the knockout disks. You can ask him... maybe he will. They are only made for the copper cups, however.
Visit his website at http://www.jamesriser.com and you can send him an email from there. You may also find some other things on his site to make you drool.... I know I do.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
davidmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Lubbock, TX, USA
337 Posts

Profile of davidmagic
To both James and Dennis:
Just recieved my set (both micro cups, and the works) this week. I had planned to keep the copper and sell the other -but DARN YOU BOTH! They are both so wonderful that I will end up keeping them both. I like the feel of the copper better, but the lightweightness of the alum is good for strolling. By the way, one small tip-to know which ball is which when you first pullthem from your pocket, put the chop ball on the back of the cup-it will stick there and you just knock it off as you pull the cup and ball from your pocket. Great routine, Dennis-your attention to detail is greatly appreciated.
Satisfied customer
David
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
This is a timely tip David. As most of you know, we sold this set with three balls... 1 ungimmicked and 2 magnetic. That's because I explained my thinking about using two magnetic balls in the instructions, and we wanted our customers to be able to do that if they wished.

I just got my copy of Ron Bauer's new booklet on the Don Alan Chop Cup Routine. In it (page 8) Don Alan reveals that, in fact he used two magnetic balls! I don't think that this has ever been revealed before... and I was quite surprised. Also gratified, that the great Don Alan and I had both hit upon the same thing.

David, I'm glad that you are happy with your purchase. The smaller cup is actually stainless steel, not aluminum. So, you can expect the finish to remain bright and shiny for some time to come. The copper cup will take on the normal copper patina, of course. Some people prefer that "natural" look. Others keep the copper cup shiny by buffing and polishing it with a commercial product. Brasso works well.

All the best. For those of you that have been following this saga, Jim Riser is shipping me some new "toy" today. He hasn't told me what it is, but the implication is that it is a potential new product that he wants me to create a routine for. Sounds like fun...

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1195 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Just got back from a strolling gig and used the stainless steel cup at every table I worked. The props are great and the routine Dennis put together is simple and packed with misdirection. I think I had as much fun performing this new routine in my set as the audience. When the second superball appears under the cup, there was an audible gasp at most of the tables. What a great way to open a set and get everyone involved in your show. Thanks again Dennis and Jim.

Ken
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1319 Posts

Profile of rmendez
A couple of weeks ago I snagged one of Jim's auctions on a pair of prototype cups which included a tall bar shaker chop cup and the other a micro chop cup both spun in aluminum but the micro was done in the same style as the now collectable copper cup! To the best of my knowledge, they are unique and the only ones in the world at present but I believe he has plans to release them both in the future when he's ready.
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
674 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
I was lucky enough to get one of the last sets of the Riser/Loomis Micro Chop Cup sets from Dennis and they're really great. For those not so lucky there is an alternative. I ordered a copper "La Petite" from RNTII and it just arrived. It's shaped like the Little Don Alan chop cups and is just a bit larger than the Riser/Loomis Micro cup. Great RNTII quality as usual. Buy it and Dennis' Micro Chop Cup routine and you'll be set.
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Thanks for the plug, Mitch.
If anyone wants the instructions only for my routine with the Micro Chop, PM me or send an email. Ten bucks is all I'm asking, while the small supply I have lasts.

Denny Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2005-09-01 17:59, Mitch Schneiter wrote:
"...I was lucky enough to get one of the last sets of the Riser/Loomis Micro Chop Cup sets...."

You weren't lucky, you were smart.
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
374 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
Does anyone know where I can get more chop balls for The Riser/Loomis Micro Chop Cups? I have spoken to Dennis Loomis and they are long gone. I am wondering if there are any similar balls on the market that will work with these cups.

Thanks,

Nick
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
674 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Quote:
On 2006-07-27 10:48, boboshempy wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get more chop balls for The Riser/Loomis Micro Chop Cups? I have spoken to Dennis Loomis and they are long gone. I am wondering if there are any similar balls on the market that will work with these cups.
Thanks,Nick

Have you checked with Jim Riser yet? He might have some of the balls left and be able to help you out.
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
I tested the chop ball from rings n things II (for the mini Don Alan), and it is way too strong, just FYI. I am also interested, if anyone comes up with a source.
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Jim is definitely the best person to ask first. Some of the RnTII balls are adjustable though - have you tried pushing the gaff in the ball?
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2213 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
The gaffs in our balls are all ajustable with the exception of the 1/2" balls pre 2006.

We make them in 5/8" for the mini cups and the gaff is adustable on the gaff ball.

Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
RiserMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of RiserMagic
Nick has already "been serviced" with the required items.
Jim
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1866 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
How is this adjustment made?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Riser/Loomis Micro Chop Cup » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL