The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Why Monte Gangs won't allow filming??? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zauberman
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
For those of you that have witnessed the monte gangs working-----why will they not let you film them?

I can understand to a degree, but they seem absolutely paranoid when someone snaps a pic of them. They get highly aggressive.

Perhaps because they don't want to be filmed doing doing something illegal?? or is there more? I think so, as getting into a fist fight would certainly draw more attention and the law?

Maybe I'm missing something. Anyone with an inside scoop???
Neil
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Neil
They're criminal gangs. Which criminal gangs are OK with you videoing them LOL!?

A punch in the face might attract attention but it's not evidence like a film is.

Also some of these guys are pretty rough gypsy types and don't give a **** about the law or anything else other than money. They just want their own way. And if you don't give it, they come at you hard.
I got into an altercation with street performer in Europe when I was a bit younger. I absentmindedly walked through his act without noticing. He punched me in the face without warning and threatened my by showing me a knife when I didn't back down. After I somewhat rashly returned the complement, he literally tried to kill me - stabbed at my stomach through my jacket and missing my gut my a millimetre, chased me through the streets with a knife with a few of his mates etc, all chucking bottles at me and hitting innocent people etc. Lucky I'm a fast runner. I had to hide under a car until they gave up looking. All over a tiny thing. No interest in avoiding attention but very keen to hurt me. I've never given money to a human statue since! Smile)

You do not want to get on the wrong side of some people!
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Not pros
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2017, Zauberman wrote:
Perhaps because they don't want to be filmed doing doing something illegal?? or is there more?

Maybe I'm missing something. Anyone with an inside scoop???

Seriously? A pick pocket, blacktop scam artist, and any form of long or short con don't want you taking their pictures or video either. Mainly as it can be used as evidence.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Why Monte Gangs won't allow filming??? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL