The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » I did google first (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
495 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Creating the simple spooky evening for my daughter and friends, I have come up with an idea which demands a force. I was thinking of this http://www.maxmaven.com/game1.php. Curios as I am, I´m wondering if there are versions of this force and if so, where I can find them (books, DVD´s, effects, www). An e-book would be very nice, so that I can buy it an get it faster. Since english is not my first language, I have had difficulties knowing what to google...

As a police officer and hobby magician, I´ve been reading a lot about an old case, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sala_gang. Here we have a true story that is better than fiction and includes everything to build a routine around. Murders, occultism, magic, yogis... Go ahead, read and get inspired by "The Magic Circle", or "The Sala Gang".

My idea is to read a letter from the gang leader, Thurneman (anagram of Manhunter, how great is that!?), written before his death, including instructions how to reach him on the other side. First, you have to find him - here is where the force comes in. The instructions are written in the letter. After the girls choose the right picture, they can go on and contact him to ask questions.

HÃ¥kan
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
According to a conversation I had with Max, you have to construct these on your own depending on the characteristics of the images you have chosen. There's a reverse binary principle at work here. If you start with 16 images, the first choice should land on one of 8. The next whittles it down to 4. Then two, and finally one. Each choice should be based on a different characteristic. It may also help to construct the grid "backwards," as it were, starting with the placement of the force image and building up from there.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
That's a great breakdown Philemon.
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
495 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
What!? I have to do the work myself? Smile
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Math is hard.
That Creepy Magician
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Sometimes, I google first and these guys and gals still find stuff I miss.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of topherhester
And here I was thinking I was the only police officer & bizarre magician on the forums... been an officer for 12 years, I work just North of Dallas. Nice to run into a fellow leo.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2017, topherhester wrote:
And here I was thinking I was the only police officer & bizarre magician on the forums... been an officer for 12 years, I work just North of Dallas. Nice to run into a fellow leo.

No one is the only one. That's what is bizarre
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
495 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Math IS hard. If I was smart I'd be an engineer. My job is to beat people on their heads with a metal stick.

Toperhester:20 years this year. I wouldn't call me a full-blown bizarre magician at all.
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
495 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
I stumbled over this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv9nleiF......nel_page It is not the same thing, but if I fail on the math, it would do.

HÃ¥kan
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Anyone can become good at math. You don't have to be smart, just persistent.
That Creepy Magician
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 10, 2017, Hawkan wrote:
I stumbled over this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv9nleiF......nel_page

Yes, that's based on Martin Gardner's "Planet Force" that uses a parity principle. Much easier to create, and you can eliminate two images after certain moves to help speed up the procedure.
That Creepy Magician
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
495 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Hidden numerical forces. Good source.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2017, Hawkan wrote:
Hidden numerical forces. Good source.

I've really been surprised how open a force can be and you can get away with it. The old card in the pocket is a great example of an open force that I have never been called upon. Have even done it as many as 3 times with the same group of people. You can't get more than two burials out of the same person most times without the family thinking it strange.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » I did google first (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL