The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Changeling: ODO by Marc Lavelle (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Marc showed me a prototype of this at the magic circle I would say about 6 months plus ago now . It was absolutely brilliant and if I could of got hold of one there and then I would have done . If you liked the original of this it is that but on steroids , I couldn't recommend it more highly . Very best wishes Tarik 🙂
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Maybe it would be a good idea to offer an

Upgrade Kit

For the people that supported this project from
The start and purchased the orignal
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham
260 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2017, TuneHV wrote:
The original Changling has been my go-to bill effect, so this is a no brainer.

Ah, thanks man! Happy you are getting use out of it!
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham
260 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2017, JackMagic wrote:

Upgrade Kit

Hi Jack - that was considered - but the project would have been identacle as there are so many different methods going on in addition to the original! Plus doing it as an upgrade would have been unfair on those that didn’t have the original, so Titanas Magic Productions had the awesome idea of including the original files, so all customers benefit!
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham
260 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2017, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2017, MarcLavelle wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2017, JackMagic wrote:

Upgrade Kit

Hi Jack - that was considered - but the project would have been identacle as there are so many different methods going on in addition to the original! Plus doing it as an upgrade would have been unfair on those that didn’t have the original, so Titanas Magic Productions had the awesome idea of including the original files, so all customers benefit!

Hi Mark

Ok fair enough , I have had a lot of use out of the orignal

One thing I do not understand is the comment about the locking gimmick , this was always the case one it locked you can freely show the note so don't understand what's new with this ?

Ah, thanks! Glad you have had milage out of it! The locking gimmick refers to it being able to lock in the ‘open’ position as well as the final one, so you can hold it displaying the folded ‘start’ denomination on open palm and more freely Smile
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Hey guys,
I am glad to announce that Changeling ODO is now available through your favourite dealer Smile

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Loved the original so this does look like a no brainer...how easy it it to make the gimmick up for this version..?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Very simple it's like elvolve , I am buying it but easy to construct if you have the original as I do , great effect imho Tarik 🙂
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
I wonder.. I do appear in the trailer, yet Murphys (or anybody who produced this) asked me if I was ok to be in the video. I just made a performance of Changeling v1 and upload it on Youtube. They took it without asking anything, I'm a little bit concerned, Titanas ?
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham
260 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2017, AceFace wrote:
Loved the original so this does look like a no brainer...how easy it it to make the gimmick up for this version..?

I have made a few, so can knock them out pretty quickly! If you made the original, you will be fine making this one also!
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2017, MarcLavelle wrote:
Quote:

I have made a few, so can knock them out pretty quickly! If you made the original, you will be fine making this one also!

Marc. For those of us who have not had the original, How easy it to make the gimmick for the first time for this latest version.

Many Thanks

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham
260 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2017, gtx magic wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2017, MarcLavelle wrote:
Quote:

Marc. For those of us who have not had the original, How easy it to make the gimmick for the first time for this latest version.

Many Thanks

Graham

Hi Graham! It is always tough to say the difficulty level for various gimmicks, as everyone has different levels of experience in building them, and I have made a LOT of different gimmicks over the years. I mention on the instructions about practicing with just regular paper for those newer to gimmick building, and then move on to doing it with the notes.

I'd say after practicing (should you wish to) with paper, the actual gimmick should only take 15-20 mins to build. Always, of course, best not to rush things!
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2017, Alex DLF wrote:
I wonder.. I do appear in the trailer, yet Murphys (or anybody who produced this) asked me if I was ok to be in the video. I just made a performance of Changeling v1 and upload it on Youtube. They took it without asking anything, I'm a little bit concerned, Titanas ?

Marc reached me on Facebook and everything is sorted out.
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I love this!!

I never owned the original, but having purchased this and watched the original Changeling download and the Changeling ODO downlaod, this new version is far superior in my opinion.

First of all, this new version allows you to hand out the bill without a switch. This is the biggest and best update in my book. The bill remaining in view when the heat is on is essential in my book, so the fact this new version allows you to do just that is a massive plus.

This version also "locks" flat. This simply means you don't have to be as careful when handling the gimmick. You can be really fair and everything can safely be put into someone's hands without fear of the change happening prematurely.

This ODO version also incorporates ANOTHER change. So with the same gimmick you can change a $1, into a $20, into a $100 and then immediately hand out the $100 bill. This extra change adds a lot of freedom.

BUT WAIT, this version has an extended idea (the third video on the download page. Be sure to watch it.) which allows you to change a Blank piece of paper into a lottery ticket, into a $1 bill, then into a $20 bill, then into a $100 bill which can immediately be examined. That's FOUR changes!!

As for the arts and crafts, there are some involved, but they aren't too difficult (especially for us in the US with paper bills that are all the same size.) Countries with other bills may have a little more difficulty, but Marc very efficiently teaches how to make the gimmick with different sized bills. Over all, I would think the crafts would take less than an hour for the average person.

Again, this ODO version of Changeling really takes the original to a whole new level. Sure, the original one was great and got great reactions from people as seen in the trailer, but this new version allows for extra cleanliness and extra changes which the original couldn't do.

I certainly can't wait for the gimmick to arrive so I can begin making mine up Smile

Madison
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I disagree with Madison's post the switch happens in the spectators hand from what I remembered ie you takeaway the gimmick leaving the non gimmick . It's brilliant but I do think you over egg it sometimes Madison in my humble honest opinion Tarik 🙂
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
I disagree with Madison's post the switch happens in the spectators hand from what I remembered ie you takeaway the gimmick leaving the non gimmick . It's brilliant but I do think you over egg it sometimes Madison in my humble honest opinion Tarik 🙂

What do you disagree with? I stated you no longer have to switch the bill to make it examinable. The bill never leaves their site. This is true.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes true but you take away the slightly obscure sized one which is still strong but you have dressed it up imo a tad Tarik 🙂
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
So I ordered with penguin, specifying that there would be online instructions.. but it's not in my library.. any reason why?
Schism
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Schism
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2017, tomd wrote:
So I ordered with penguin, specifying that there would be online instructions.. but it's not in my library.. any reason why?

I'm assuming you will get a url with a code to access the videos along with the gimmick.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
Yes true but you take away the slightly obscure sized one which is still strong but you have dressed it up imo a tad Tarik 🙂

You slightly obscure one side, but the bill never leaves their site haha you only cover up half of the bill. They can stare at the bill the entire time. Smile

As for the download, the instructions will be with your gimmick. You’ll get a link. It through Murphys rather than penguin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Changeling: ODO by Marc Lavelle (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL