The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vision - the card spread analyzer (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Martin_Eisele
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Martin_Eisele
Hello,

I'm very happy to announce my biggest and long kept secret project 'Vision'. This app allows you to capture a face-up card spread with the video stream from your iPhone. The order of the cards is detected within a fraction of a second and can be used by other programs. The order and the missing card (e.g. the selection) is shown right away. With the companion app 'Vision-Tricks' it is made good usage of this feature. Also, my other app SD-Poker which I have released last year regarding the Poker-Formulas by Pit Hartling can use this feature. Now you can deal the Poker-Hands from a shuffled deck!

Vision also supports the new 'CardTrack' app from Marc Kerstein. The combination of these two apps is just pure magic. A freely selected and lost card in the deck by the spectator can be found by ease. Even if they are aware that an iPhone is used or a picture is taken to determine the card, they have no clue! Several clever methods are combined which will leave a baffling audience!

More information regarding Vision and Vision-Tricks can be found here.
www.vision-tricks.com

My intention and hope is, that Vision becomes a growing platform with many different use cases. I hope you like it as much as I do and treat it with the necessary respect. I spent two years of development in this piece, which I'm very proud of!

All the best
Martin Eisele
Martin_Eisele
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Martin_Eisele
Here are two examples:

Shuffle Bored by Simon Aronson (from a shuffled deck)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHZ39b3SYYc

Poker Formulas by Pit Hartling (from a shuffled deck)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzGIFk5kZtQ
adiabaticman
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
143 Posts

Profile of adiabaticman
I know you've heard this before, but I really hope you have plans for an Android version.
Watching those electrons dance on the adiabat, from Franck-Condon to the Asymptote.
Martin_Eisele
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Martin_Eisele
I can't tell you right now, if and when there might be an Android version. The app uses a lot of device specific features so that it is a lot of work to bring it to an Android device. I have to see on how great the demand is and then decide. I have you on the list!
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
914 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Have me on the list as well for an Android version Smile
Martin_Eisele
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Martin_Eisele
Smile

I'll post something here, when an Android version is available!
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1321 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Has anybody purchased this app? I have and I’d like to talk to somebody who’s making use out of it.
REALWORKERS.CO.UK
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
adiabaticman
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
143 Posts

Profile of adiabaticman
Thank you for adding me to the list Martin. I hope the list grows.
Watching those electrons dance on the adiabat, from Franck-Condon to the Asymptote.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1166 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2017, JoelDickinson wrote:
Has anybody purchased this app? I have and I’d like to talk to somebody who’s making use out of it.

You can download the free version and play with it. For me the hardest part is making a good spread, but I am not using an optimal surface. I have the same black pad that Tamariz uses, I will try with it.
I also hit the occasional bug (the counter showing the number of card recognized fluctuates from 1 to 52 very quickly and then freezes at one), so I will play with it more. I am a SW engineer myself and I would say:
* impressive technology! Bravo!
* very cool idea, I love how you can play with it and do an impromptu shuffle bored! Awesome!!
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Am I correct that the back ground HAS to be black for this? Hope that's a fair question?
Martin_Eisele
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Martin_Eisele
Thanks paperinick for your nice words. I'm happy to hear that you as a SW engineer call it an impressive techonology!
I want to help as good as I can and try to answer all questions.

Background:
It does not have to be black. It just should have a good contrast to the playing cards. A white background won't work.

Occasional Bug:
This is not a bug - it is a feature Smile
No seriously, this happens when the distance between the first and the second card of the spread is too big (or the spread is not detected at all due to bad lighting or big shadows etc.). The distance can be fairly big but when the spread is made to wide, this can happen. Since I tried to make the algorithm as fast as possible, so that the caputre and analysis of a full 52 card spread can be done well under 1 second, I had to make some optimizations and constraints...

If you play around with it a bit you get a good feeling. And spreading the cards that all indicies are visible is not hard either. In the app you find many information / tips on what to do, to get good results. If you haven't made the in-app purchase yet, you find the '?' on the top left corner. If you have made the in-app purchase the '?' disappears, but it can be found in the settings screen in the top right corner. If you click on it you will then find the 'Tips' Section.

For more convenient I just added this information to the secret section of http://www.vision-tricks
You can find all the tips here:
https://www.vision-tricks.com/secret/vision/tips.php
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1321 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I haven't had good results with this, I'm finding the tutorials a little vague.
REALWORKERS.CO.UK
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
Martin_Eisele
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Martin_Eisele
What is vague? I tried to be as exact as I could. Please let me know, what you don't understand.

I forgot one important point - maybe this gives you some trouble:
You should hold you iPhone still (or at least as still as possible). Since the capturing is done from the video stream, moving around with the iPhone can blurry the image a bit and then no good results are possible. This could also be the reason for the described 'bug' from paperinick about the fluctuation between 1 and 52.

I have made a small test site (which was only intended to be used by myself for debugging).
http://www.vision-tricks.com/tst

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU KEEP A DISTANCE - you don't have to fill out the full with these test images on the computer screen as it is suggested in my tips-section. If you fill the screen with the spread for approx. 2/3 it should be enough with this test spread on the computer monitor.

Please just play a bit with it - you will soon get the feeling for it!
It is really a very complex thing which is going on here.
Martin_Eisele
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Martin_Eisele
I'm working very hard on Vision and I was able to make the detection even more reliable and robust. I still have some points on my list, but I hope that I can release the next version around beginning of January. Also a User-Stack can be stored now, so that Vision detects it automatically. This can be used to quickly check your setup... I'll post a note when the next version will be ready...
Martin_Eisele
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Martin_Eisele
New Update available!

As promised, the new version (1.4) is now available in the app store.
A User Stack can be stored and the detection further improved in reliability and speed.
rnaviaux
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of rnaviaux
Simply amazing!
Martin_Eisele
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Martin_Eisele
If you want to see the power and reliability of Vision, you can do so here:

https://youtu.be/cQicP-5QQOE
magic11ryan
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of magic11ryan
This looks amazing - does it work under IOS10.3.3? not intention to install IOS11 as my phone is getting slow and some apps that I am using did not support IOS11
magic11ryan
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of magic11ryan
Just download the test version but cannot find the price list, how much would this cost and also do you have a price list for those tricks from the vision-trick app?
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3248 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Wow. This is exactly what Penn and Tellers "Most Expensive Card Trick" pretended to be able to do in 1975.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsIj7OpIogU
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vision - the card spread analyzer (25 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL