The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MAGICSMITH presents:Steelfyre's Smoke Screen (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
WeiserSide1
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
534 Posts

Profile of WeiserSide1
Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that this is now available from my buddy Chris!!! I have seen this and love how James Bond like it is!!

Smoke Screen is a new concept in smoke magic - a tiny and silent device that reliably produces clouds of smoke whenever you need them.
Just finger-palm Smoke Screen (its roughly the size of 4 half dollars) and gently squeeze - clouds of smoke will rise effortlessly from your fingers. There are no clothing restrictions and no get-ready’s. It's literally grab and go!
Perform Smoke Screen in short sleeves at a moments notice. It gives you the freedom to add smoke to any existing effect you already do- coin bends, color changes, transpositions - and the power to perform new effects that are only possible with the freedom afforded by Smoke Screen’s unique design.
Its is so tiny, you can easily palm it along with another object so the audience will assume that’s where the smoke is coming from - i.e., borrow a spectator’s cellphone and have it smoke as you remark “looks like its overheating - better have this looked at”.
Since Smoke Screen is always in your hand when in use, there’s no need for motors to push the smoke out - and therefore no noise - its silent.
A one-time charge will easily see you through a 3 hour strolling gig - but the handy on/off switch allows you store charge in the device for weeks until you’re ready to use it.
With Smoke Screen, there are no hoses, no remotes, and no cartridges. The bottle of Smoke Juice that comes with your Smoke Screen will give you over a year of consistent use. And the installed heater wire + silica wick will last a very long time - a back-up is also included with each unit.
Smoke Screen comes with a dazzling array of heart-stopping routines from Rodney Reyes, Scott Steelfyre, and Chuck Crespo. You can now easily add the mystery of smoke into into any magic routine - with none of the hassles. Enjoy the magic - and freedom!

http://www.magicsmith.com/stsm.html
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Is there a trailer?
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Looks like they just posted one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O8U9PPA6mw
chuds
View Profile
Loyal user
U.K
221 Posts

Profile of chuds
Ordered it from Chris a couple of days ago, really looking forward to it arriving as I like the idea of a self contained device.

I will post a review after I get chance to have a play!
Chuds
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
This does look really nice!
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
Very nice. I've always been put off by the restrictive nature of others but this could be a winner
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
chuds
View Profile
Loyal user
U.K
221 Posts

Profile of chuds
Just received mine from Chris and it only took a week from America to the UK. Great service!

I have looked at smoke devices for a while, it has always worried me slightly about how practical some of them are. Yes the effect is great but is it worth the effort to be preset before you perform. I know that the 'watch' is the one we are are all talking about at the moment.... if it ever arrives ! (another thread no doubt) would I wear something like that on my wrist , I doubt it. The setup of some of the others isn't really spontaneous and may be somewhat restricted if you want to remove the jacket.

So what is the answer Smokescreen is.

This is a device which you can bring into play and out so easy it's laughable, it will last at least a night and the smoke is just brilliant. If you can do the most basic p@@m it's a doddle, I'm my mind this is a game changer in the world of smoke magic. No need for prep before you go out, slip this in the pocket and you are good to go. It is very well made and tough so no worries if you drop it.

The online instructions and routines are very good and cover all points, and the tip off to a free app is to perform a quick effect using a mobile is brilliant.

This is probably (in my opinion) the best gimmick this year.

Ian.
Chuds
roblane
View Profile
Special user
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
Just gone from very tempted to ordered!
chuds
View Profile
Loyal user
U.K
221 Posts

Profile of chuds
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2017, roblane wrote:
Just gone from very tempted to ordered!

Great, hope you like it as much as me Rob.

Ian.
Chuds
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
I know the description says it holds its charge for 3 hours but how many puffs of smoke can it produce before you need to refill with the smoke juice?

thx for any insight in to this.
roblane
View Profile
Special user
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
I received mine at the end of last week, so first off I was impressed with the speed of delivery to the UK. Having now had the chance to unpack, examine, charge and play, I have to say this is really good! The unit is even smaller than I'd imagined and thus very easy to palm. It's absolutely silent in operation unless you overfill it and then it crackles slightly until the excess is burnt off, a fact that is covered in the downloadable instructions. The thick white 'smoke' produced is more than adequate and there's no need for sleeves obviously as there's no tubes to hide. The instructions give some good ideas ( there's a lovely lighter app for phones which makes great little stunt) but the real value will be in enhancing your own effects. Can't answer ant questions on refill life/times or reliability yet, but as there's a spare heater wire and wick provided it's looking good. If your thinking about using a device of this type I highly recommend smokescreen.
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
Anybody have a performance video of this? I wanna see how thick the smoke is. I have a Vapr, a vapr watch, and a few other devices, but could see this being very useful.
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2017, codydavismagic wrote:
Anybody have a performance video of this? I wanna see how thick the smoke is. I have a Vapr, a vapr watch, and a few other devices, but could see this being very useful.

Hope this helps!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZjhxClgpLl
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Like the video Josh. Nice way of utilizing the smoke. Smoke wasn't thick but I think it looks better that way, more realistic than having huge thick smoke.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
gfcal
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of gfcal
I am surprised that this one hasn’t received more attention. Can anyone who has had it for awhile comment on how it’s working, particularly as it relates to actually performing? I have Mystery Smoke but I don’t love getting set up or the noise. This seems like a great alternative.
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2018, gfcal wrote:
I am surprised that this one hasn’t received more attention. Can anyone who has had it for awhile comment on how it’s working, particularly as it relates to actually performing? I have Mystery Smoke but I don’t love getting set up or the noise. This seems like a great alternative.

I really enjoy it. I own two smoke devices that I use, this and Vapr watch. The smoke is really nice and 100% silent, which is a huge plus. As long as you structure your routine well, you'll be able to ditch this without anyone ever noticing you had it
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
gfcal
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of gfcal
Thanks Josh. How much fiddling is required to activate it once it’s in your hand? I assume it doesn’t get activated from both sides? Also, would a raven help bring it in and out of play or best just to grab it from a pocket?
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
I just received it and it is very easy to activate. You just need to "tighten" your finger palm a bit to press the switch again your finger. You can use a magnet as well to ditch it. Not sure if a Raven woul make sense. Just a pull with a magnet could work. But it is recommend to wait 2-3 seconds before put it pack into your pocket.
aoluser
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of aoluser
I just don't get how anyone is impressed by "hiding an electronic cigarette cleverly" is still a thing.

Five years ago, before they were everywhere, sure. But now...

Meh.
magic_tony
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
I still haven't gotten over Chris selling me a Bic pen for £20!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MAGICSMITH presents:Steelfyre's Smoke Screen (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL