We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2004 entrée: Wesley James » » Enchantments » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Wesley,
First, I must tell you that I am not much of a close up magician, however, your book, "Enchantments," is well...enchanting. From the introduction, it is easy to tell that you are passionate about your craft. You don't often find someone who has that much passion and dedication behind anything they do. Thank you for taking the time to share with the world your love of magic.

Margarette (who feels more comfortable with a pair of handcuffs than she does a deck of cards)
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Wesley James
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hazlet, New Jersey
372 Posts

Profile of Wesley James
Margarette,
Thank you for your kind words about Enchantments. It was, indeed, a work driven by passion and my love for the art of magic. I'm pleased that it is conveyed on the page. I'm a but sorry to hear that you aren't more comfortable with a deck of cards; we need more women who can handle a deck of cards with aplomb. Nevertheless, as attractive as you appear in your picture, I might be more comfortable with you in handcuffs than a deck of cards. I don't imagine a deck of cards in handcuffs would be nearly so appealing.

Wesley James
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Well, Wes, if the rest of the book is like Forgery, you might actually succeed where others have failed. You will make a card magician out of me. I am a bit sloppy at it, but I can do Forgery halfway decently..at least for myself! Actually performing it for someone is a bit sloppier than me having nothing to do at work, so I pick up a deck of cards. Maybe the next time I make a trip to NY, we can go out for bagels...or pizza! I'll bring the handcuffs, you bring the cards! Smile

Margarette
Wesley James
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hazlet, New Jersey
372 Posts

Profile of Wesley James
Margarette,
Your offer is easily the best I've had all day--all month in fact--you bring the handcuffs I'll bring the cards but I'll use the handcuffs and you use the cards. I readily confess that eating pizza with handcuffs on my prove difficult but the price of glory can't be made too easy. By all means let me know when you'll be in NY.

Wesley James
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Ahem. Can we make a DVD of this?

I'm surprised, Wesley, as I always thought you were more of a "thumbcuff man." Whew.
Wesley James
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hazlet, New Jersey
372 Posts

Profile of Wesley James
Randy,
I'm actually more of a silk scarf kind of guy. Now don't get me wrong, I don't wear them, but I've been known to use them for the occasional magic effect and, since they are laying around, binding a wench . . . heck, you don't need a road map.

Wesley James
lefty
View Profile
New user
Paris, France
17 Posts

Profile of lefty
Hello,
I am very sorry but I don't know who You are, Mister James. I don't know if Your Magic with laymen is good but I know that Your Magic with women is the Best!!! lol (of course it's a joke, Please Miss Magarette don't be angry).
I live in Paris, France. I often go to magicshop in Paris but I never see Your books Mr James. Maybe I don't go to the good place...?? I believe my forefathers so when I will see Your book "Enchantments" in a shop, I will buy it.
Will I find inside coin magic??

Thank You for Your Passion and Love to my passion and love Smile

Lefty
"May The Magic Be With You..."
www.lefty-miracles.com
Wesley James
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hazlet, New Jersey
372 Posts

Profile of Wesley James
Lefty,
Actually, I hope my magic with women is no joke at all, but you French folks are famous for such magic, so I'll bow to your judgement and strive to make it up to "Miss Margarette."

Enchantments I, the volume to which others have referred, is a book purely on cards. Volume Two, when it is released, will include coins and non-card close-up magic but no cards. I'm not aware of which dealers in Europe generally, or France in particular, are carrying the book. Having access to the Internet, however, gives you access to a wide range of dealers who are offering the book. That may include some dealers in France but it surely includes dealers in England, which is much closer--though not quite walking distance. If you are interested in the book, you'll be able to find a dealer who will be happy to take your money. Heck, you could order the book from me and have it shipped to France. Alas, perhaps you are too tied up with matters of the heart. I'm trying to get to the tying up . . .

Wesley James
lefty
View Profile
New user
Paris, France
17 Posts

Profile of lefty
I hope I don't hurt you. I'm very sorry if I did that but my understanding of English is not very good and I don't really know if I said something bad... Smile
www.lefty-miracles.com
Wesley James
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hazlet, New Jersey
372 Posts

Profile of Wesley James
Lefty,
You said nothing wrong and you didn't hurt me in the slightest. I was merely picking up on your joke. No harm, no foul. I hope I answered your question at the same time.

Wesley James
lefty
View Profile
New user
Paris, France
17 Posts

Profile of lefty
Yes thank you very much. I think you don't sell Enchantments vol. 2 but how much will it cost by you please?
www.lefty-miracles.com
Wesley James
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hazlet, New Jersey
372 Posts

Profile of Wesley James
Lefty,
I'm not sure I understand your question so I'll try to address what I think your question may be. Enchantments Volume I is currently available and sells for $55 USD plus postage to wherever it is being shipped, from me or other dealers--though some dealers offer small discounts. Enchantments Volume II is not yet available and I cannot predict when it will become so. While the text is written, Stephen Minch, my publisher, and I have not begun to prepare it for publication. Enchantments I took roughly 9 months to prepare after all the writing was done. I also cannot predict what the price of Enchantments II will be, though it is likely it will be similar to the first volume. That's all I can say at this point, I hope you'll find the answer to your question within my answer.

Wesley James
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Hello Lefty,

Jean-Pierre HORNECKER
B.P. 52 - 67020 STRASBOURG Cedex
Tél : 03.88.84.94.21

can certainly supply you in short order.
lefty
View Profile
New user
Paris, France
17 Posts

Profile of lefty
Yes I found it!! thank you to you and Mister Wakeman Smile

Lefty
www.lefty-miracles.com
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Lefty, by no means am I angry with your comment. If I may be permitted to explain something to you...Wesley and I are friends, and he is aware that I don't do a lot of close up. He's been trying to solve this by recommending lots of books, but to no avail. I'd get a book, look at it for a couple of weeks, then put in in the bookshelf, and there it stays. However, when I got my copy of Enchantments, it's a book that will keep my interest, and I might actually be able to learn more card magic. Enchantments in currently in my briefcase I take to work, so when it's slow, I'll pick it up and read. The only other magic books I have done this have been escape related books. So, as I said, Wesley may be succeeding where others have failed...he might make a close up magician out of me yet! I do consider it an honor and a privelege to know Wesley, and I do look forward to when he and I can have bagels/pizza together!

Margarette
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Quote:
On 2004-04-13 11:12, RandyWakeman wrote:
Ahem. Can we make a DVD of this?

I'm surprised, Wesley, as I always thought you were more of a "thumbcuff man." Whew.

Randy, you are welcome to join us....I'll even bring banana bread for you. In fact, I think I might owe you a loaf!

Margarette
Wesley James
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hazlet, New Jersey
372 Posts

Profile of Wesley James
Margarette,
You may be too kinky for me. Randy is a dear friend but I'll be ***ed if I want to share you with him. Send him his banana bread and get your derriere--that's the French word, isn't it, lefty?--to New York; the pizza is getting cold.

Wesley James
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Margarette,

Though Wesley is normally not easily distracted, I have reason to believe that the proper tugging of his beard (courtesy of his grandaughter) can potentially divert him for a substantial period of time.
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Sorry Randy, I guess pizza and bagels is just Wes and me....but I'll still send you banana bread next time I make a batch.

Wes, I'm trying to make it to NY as soon as I can, but unfortunately, I can't find an airline willing to just give me a ticket...they seem to want some money in exchange for a ticket.

Margarette
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2004 entrée: Wesley James » » Enchantments » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL