The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2004 entrée: Wesley James » » Enchantments » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Aww...Randy, don't cry! I'm not sure where Plainfield, IL is, but if it's near Chicago, next time I'm there, you and I can have some pizza...or some other food Chicago is famous for.

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
lefty
View Profile
New user
Paris, France
17 Posts

Profile of lefty
Hi,
Yes Mr James, 'derriere' is the good word!!
Margaret, I understand your "problem" with cards and if Mr James can help you, it's very nice. I just wanted to make humour. I hope you will make some amazing trick with cards!!

Lefty, from Paris, France Smile
"May The Magic Be With You..."
www.lefty-miracles.com
MagicAces
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of MagicAces
James I haven't perchased your book yet but I'm going to and I was wondering if there is any effect where a signature jumps from one card to another card. If not do you have any answers about how to do that. I've asked a few of my friends about this and came up with some interesting ways of doing so but was left in a weird position. One of the ways was with removable pibs but I cannot seem to find those.

NT
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Quote:
I was wondering if there is any effect where a signature jumps from one card to another card.

Three methods for Wesley James' heavily accoladed effect (and heavily appropriated) , Forgery, are included in the most thorough treatment yet of this James trademark.

Derek Dingle, Max Maven / Danny Tong / Frank Garcia touches and tips are included as well.

(Please pardon the intrusion, Wes-- thought your fingers might need a bit of a respite of sorts by now?
Wesley James
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hazlet, New Jersey
372 Posts

Profile of Wesley James
NT,
While Randy is correct about the treatment of Forgery in Enchantments, Forgery is a physical merger plot. I understand your question to relate to a different plot, that of a transposing or transporting signature. I have in fact experimented with that plot for many years, dating back to the early 70s. I am not, however,the only one. As I recall, a few years ago a Mexican fellow, whose name escapes me at the moment, marketed a clever but rather problematic method that involved a special pen and chemicals.
My methods have all been far less elaborate but while some of my treatments are quite workable none of them have reached a level with which I'm satisfied. I have performed a few of my treatments a time or two but found them more trouble than their impact warranted. That's not to say that the effect is poor, simply that it presents something of a challenge to combine the right presentation with a workable method.

If you elect to pursue the plot, good luck in your efforts. I am something of a tough critic but if you come up with anything good, I'd certainly appreciate knowing about it.

Wesley James
MagicAces
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of MagicAces
Thank you very much James that's interesting. Another idea by one of my friends said something I thought was weird but if you could perhaps make a card out of those papers that when you write on them with pen it goes though to the next paper behind it but it looks like pencil. I cannot think of the name for that right now but do you understand.
Wesley James
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hazlet, New Jersey
372 Posts

Profile of Wesley James
MagicAces,
First, my name is Wesley or, if we're being formal, Mr. James, some insist on Dr. James, but not "James."

Second, I think what your talking about is what was originally called NCR paper--probably because they the NCR corporation introduced it to the market--but has sometimes been referred to as "white carbon." Whatever one calls is, as a practical matter, IMO, it doesn't look enough like either pen or pencil to be usable for the purpose we're discussing. I've experimented with other approaches to the same basic idea and none of them has borne fruit either.

The search continues. The methods I have developed do not rely on any of the types of means that grow from carbon-like substances. As Thomas Edision said in an interview after years of "unsucessful" experimentation toward devloping a light bulb, "I haven't failed, I know 753 ways not to make a light bulb."

Wesley James
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2004 entrée: Wesley James » » Enchantments » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL