We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2004 entrée: Wesley James » » Wesley James » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Wesley James is an unusual man: a man of vast experience, skill, integrity, and thoughtfulness. While Wesley has taken great effort to educate himself, and has formed clear views on diverse subjects that are not easily dissuaded; Wesley has always kept his crisp mind open to diverse opinions, approaches, and ways.

From a theatrical and scholastic perspective, Wesley James is as well qualified as any magic creator and performer extant. From the viewpoint of skill, Wesley James has few peers—yet his audiences are unaware and unsuspecting. Wesley James is one of the few men in Magic that cares far more about the experience of the audience than himself. And, it shows! Due to all this, his hard work, and his many talents, Wesley’s star shines brighter and clearer than the rest.

More than a few birthday candles have been lit since Frank Garcia referred to Wesley as “a clever New York card man who . . . is coming up in the world of magic rather quickly.” It has been a while since Dai Vernon congratulated Wesley James for developing the "finest new card plot since Paul Curry’s “Out of This World." It wasn’t all that long ago that Eddie Marlo commented favorably on a routine we had been working on, and after a gentle puff of cigar smoke admonished me never to forget the person that “really made O. Henry sing,”— Mr. Wesley James.

Wesley James is fond of looking at Magic more deeply than most, uncovering seeds, roots, and the rich fruit simultaneously—the type of analysis few choose to undertake, or perhaps are not capable. Wesley enjoys finding the “real contribution,” tossing aside the trappings of trivia in a never-ending quest to unearth what makes magic truly Magical, and what emotional connections are most memorable to the audiences—and why.

Wesley James is the real deal; and what many are now just discovering is that the most enduring, valuable contribution that Wesley James has given to Magic is Wesley James himself. Wesley can force you to think, inspire you to dig deeper, and reach farther than you would if not for his presence. I know he has had that affect on me, and many, many others.

I’m delighted to be able to salute Wesley James, a fabulous personal friend, and a wonderfully prolific contributor to all who seek to elevate our Magic to its next level. Wesley is one of the best we have ever had, and as for “Coming Up In The World,” just perhaps those who truly love magic are finally 'coming up' to Mr. Wesley James!
Wesley James
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hazlet, New Jersey
372 Posts

Profile of Wesley James
Randy,
When one receives praise from ones peers, it is, of course, a satisfyingly rich reward. It is moving when one believes it to be heart-felt but self-awareness can allow one to handle it in reasonable stride. When one receives praise from individuals for whom one has special respect, born of their own accomplishments, more than rich reward it is validation of what may represent years of work. It serves as endorsement for all the energy and sacrifice one has offered at a shared alter. If one is fortunate enough to have praise comes from someone who is not only a respected member of the community but a prized friend, it is nearly impossible to find words to express the feelings those words create. I am compelled, nevertheless, to make a meager attempt.

Randy Wakeman is a man of exceptional accomplishment in the magic community. His VIP status here at the Café' is but small testimony to that well-accepted fact. He is also a man of high honor, integrity and loyal friendship--bordering on devotion. He is a true Brother in the fraternity of magic. Even all these years after his passing, he remains a true friend to my friend and mentor to us all, Ed Marlo. He is also a trusted source of honest input in a world filled with individuals of dubious agendas. Randy's words are, therefore, as elating as winning a lottery and as life-affirming as new love. No words can fully express how honored I am to read them.

That said, Randy, I cannot thank you for the generosity of what you've written; to do so would be to accept your praise as fact. I can, however, promise to try to live up to the praise you have offered. I can also thank you for your friendship and for expressing such praise. Thank you for being a friend. Your words ring as the highest of praise, as there is nothing for you to gain. As my friend you would already have had anything I could reasonably have given. I will strive to be worthy of your laurels.

Wesley James
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Wesley and Randy,

Wesley, I couldn't possibly top the wonderful accolades paid to you by Randy. To those at the Café I have the pleasure of calling Wesley a friend. He's a wonderful charming man and very giving when it comes to helping others achieve to better themselves in magic. I just can't say enough about his generosity and his incredible talent.

So glad you recieve the recognition you so justly deserve and best of luck with your book.

C
Wesley James
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hazlet, New Jersey
372 Posts

Profile of Wesley James
Thanks C,
You're a dang sweet cookie yourself and I appreciate you stopping by to share in my week at the Café'. I haven't forgotten your generousity to me, either. We'll definitely be seeing each other some place or other in the magic scene. Knowing you, I'm sure we'll have more than a few laughs.

Wesley James
Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
Delighted to see you here Wesley! About time time we got together for drinks, food, good chat and more my friend!

Simon
Wesley James
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hazlet, New Jersey
372 Posts

Profile of Wesley James
Simon,
I'll be out of town next week, off to FFFF you know, but give me a call when you have time after that and we'll set things up.

Till then,

Wesley James
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Quote:
On 2004-04-17 02:37, Chrystal wrote:
I have the pleasure of calling Wesley a friend. He's a wonderful charming man and very giving when it comes to helping others achieve to better themselves in magic.

Hello Chrystal,

Then you have the greatest pleasure of them all.

It has been said that "Art is never complete, it is merely abandoned." Many people can be thankful that Wesley has never abandoned his Art.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2004 entrée: Wesley James » » Wesley James » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL