The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Favorite shows/movies that were flops (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
GOOD NEWS:

FREAKS AND GEEKS: The Entire Series is now on DVD at a very affordable price.

GREAT SHOW!
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
How about Herman's Head?

How many of these shows listed do we think will make it to DVD, not many.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Quote:
On 2004-04-14 00:37, dpe666 wrote:
That 80's Show relied strictly on stero-types, none of whom (unless one is a total freak) can anyone associate with.
:devilish:

... and the 70's show doesn't use those stero-types?

I liked Fastlane and Family guy on Fox but, for some reason Fox likes to cancel all their good shows. Another good show was Mr. Show with Bob and David; it was funny.

Lee
bumbleface
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of bumbleface
Police Squad
Tate
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
211 Posts

Profile of Tate
These aren't all flops, some are ones I wish were still playing.

Movies: Doc Savage, The Shadow, Zorro the Gay Blade (Hey! if you haven't seen it, don't judge it.), Moon Over Parador

TV: Bosom Buddies, Pinky and the Brain (One is a genuis, the other's insane. Narf!), The Flash, Tom Snyder Show, The Naked Truth (just the first season, after that they ran it into the ground), Sports Night, Frank's Place (the episode with the dead body - ha!). There are several more, but when a tv show is on for only one season, you tend to forget them after a couple of years.
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
Wonderfalls was the first show in ages that made me laugh so hard I fell off the couch, and I totally loved Firefly. It's at the point now where we don't want to watch new shows on Fox, because unless it's "Reality, with an extra side of sleaze" it's going to get cancelled before the first season is over. How do they expect these shows to get a fan base when they show only four episodes while switching nights and timeslots every week? Many of the most popular TV shows took a long time for the fan base to come and the cast to really get in to their roles.

Ok, anybody remember Tales of the Gold Monkey, back in 1982? And what about Space: Above and Beyond? A crying shame they didn't at least wrap that story up.

Oh yeah, and before I forget, how about the Bruce Willis movie Hudson Hawk? Everyone seems to have hated it, but I find it a lot of fun and have probably watched it 30 times. You just can't beat those musical numbers! Strollin' along, singin' a song, side...by...side...BOOM!! Smile

-Reg {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
boblinds
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
111 Posts

Profile of boblinds
I was a big fan of "The Lone Gunmen," the spin-off show from "The X Files." Well-written and brilliantly performed and directed, it was just a great show.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
I loved Automan!

Does anyone else remember:

Max Headroom

Wiz Kids

Square Pegs

The Flash (live-action TV series)

The Magician

Blacke's Magic

Probe

The Invisible Man (with David Macullum!)
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Or
M.A.N.T.I.S.

Viper

Raven (one of my favs) w/ Lee Majors

Dark Shadows (the remake)
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
JudgeBean
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of JudgeBean
The man from atlantis with Patrick Duffy

The Magician with Bill Bixby
(Mark Wilson did the coaching for that)

Had to put in my favorite movie
The Seven Faces of Dr. Lao

JudgeBean
ursusminor
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
443 Posts

Profile of ursusminor
Quote:
On 2004-04-13 17:11, Astinus wrote:
Plan 9 from Outer Space.

My all-time favourite turkey too!

There seems to be a point where a movie goes from being bad to being great (in a strangely perverted way)
Watch it in tandem with "Ed Wood", with Johnny Depp in the title role!

Bjørn
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened."
- Winston Churchill"
ABlair36
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
234 Posts

Profile of ABlair36
Quote:
On 2004-04-14 00:51, x-treem wrote:
I forgot to mention Stark Raving Mad (I think I'm the only person who watched it Smile)

I really liked that show as well. I notice that the best and long running shows that you see now have really bad beginnings. Seinfeld for example was not a very funny show at first. It was a bit boaring. Its been many years since it ended and I still laugh all the time at the later ones. It's my favorite show.

I think that if they start off good, by the fourth episode, it gets a bit worse, and the producers feel that it will only get worse from there. But I guess the the producers of Seinfled felt that it had potential.

I also think that the second episode of all of these flop TV shows are the best ones off all of them. The first show is to introduce the caracters and the second is the best idea of all of the plots they have thought of, in my opinion.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Favorite shows/movies that were flops (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL