The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Entry for magic competition (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

asif
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of asif
Hey guys, it's been sometime. So there's a magic competition hosted by one of nearby colleges (IIT Delhi) here. Here's the video of the performance I did for prelims
https://youtu.be/DML3Z8h0g5Q

I would love to hear your thoughts about this
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
It great that you're putting yourself out there. One quick word of advice, I would never use the term 'gimmick' in front of laymen.

I've seen others say things like trap doors, black holes and many others, but using the term gimmick is just not what I would ever do.

Good luck!

Dave
asif
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of asif
Yeah Boomer, that's true. Even I felt the same way after watching the video. I should have refrained from using that
asif
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of asif
Also in this video I tried to be more casual than my previous performance and I'm not sure how much that succeeded. Hoping to hear your thoughts.
pmarzionna
View Profile
New user
Washington, DC
81 Posts

Profile of pmarzionna
Hey Asif, I really like your presentation and how you use coins and cards to represent campus-life stuff. I believe that the coin routine is really good - you seem comfortable and secure when doing it. However, your Ambitious Card Routine is not as smooth. The patter is nice - not as good as the one with the coins - but the technique seems a little rough still. This is clear in some of the DLs and the last riffle shuffle. Anyway, I think that overall it's a great performance!
asif
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of asif
Thank you pmarzionna for giving the valuable advice. Yeah you are right, I'm still taming the cards. I do feel comfortable with coins when compared to cards. The last riffle shuffle, it really went wrong😅
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Entry for magic competition (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL