The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Going for the 'Gold' » » First time on the competition (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

asif
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of asif
Hey folks,

It's been long time
So for the first time in my life I'm heading to a magic competition hosted by a college here.

Here's the performance I did for prelims,
https://youtu.be/DML3Z8h0g5Q

I hope you will go through it and kindly let me know your thoughts. Hoping to hear from all of you soon.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
I hope these comments/suggestions aren't too late.

The routines are strong, and the tie-in to science and math is nice and appropriate for a college setting.

What is the performing environment for the competition like? Will everyone in the audience--especially the judges--be able to see the tabletop clearly? Will there be TV cameras and large-screen monitors to help make it possible for people far from the performing area to see what's happening?

You might also consider having one of the two volunteers be a lady.

"Card Warp" with two jumbo cards would be a good, visible routine with a science theme, and you could hold the cards up at chest level, which would also bring the audiences' eyes higher so they'll see your face and remember you if they see you a few days later on campus and they might ask you to entertain at some other event.

I hope you do well in the contest!

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Going for the 'Gold' » » First time on the competition (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL