The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Feedback on my Triad Coin Set? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
tejavoo
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of tejavoo
Any feedback on my Triad coin set?

https://youtu.be/HBgrC43qEMk
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Looks great to me ! Good job.
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Welcome to the Café BTW ! Not many post a performance 2 posts in !! ;-)
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
The set looks in fine working condition. Smile

The routine looks pretty nice, too. The blow is a bit loud, but that's probably just because of the microphone and the music.
Overall I'd say well done, but try to work on pushing the coin (as it appears) more to the tips of the fingers, rather than pulling the fingers back. For some reason this looks to me like you have something in your hand that you're revealing, rather than it appearing somewhere that it wasn't, before.

I'm not sure if that made complete sense, but it is a subtle change.

Thanks for sharing!
A Show By Joe
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island
408 Posts

Profile of A Show By Joe
Very nice. I am on the fence about buying these coins. How do you like the feel of them? They seem reasonably priced.
tejavoo
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of tejavoo
Thanks for the feedback folks Smile

Thank you Tonsofquestions for specific feedback on coin production
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Looks great! Good job. I like that pose you do at the end.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Looks really good. Why the music? Are you going to play music when you really perform this? If not it would be better to post with no music so we could tell if there were any sound issues. I have to be very careful to avoid noise when doing Triad.

I think you could slow down when showing the backs of coins. It's a nice feature of the routine that should be taken advantage of.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I’ve never played with a set, so I don’t know. Do you have to keep your fingers stiff when doing the take away? It would look more normal to me if your fingers were slightly bent.
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
974 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Slow down
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
The routein looked very good tejavoo.
tejavoo
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of tejavoo
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2017, MeetMagicMike wrote:
Looks really good. Why the music? Are you going to play music when you really perform this? If not it would be better to post with no music so we could tell if there were any sound issues. I have to be very careful to avoid noise when doing Triad.

I think you could slow down when showing the backs of coins. It's a nice feature of the routine that should be taken advantage of.

Hey MagicMike,

I agree with you in that sound is sometimes a small problem. I will attempt to re-post my video without background music for feedback. Also, in regards to slowing down, I wanted to do this very quickly to grab someone's attention. For me, it is really hard to grab someones full attention for more than 30s-1min.
tejavoo
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of tejavoo
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2017, jakeg wrote:
I’ve never played with a set, so I don’t know. Do you have to keep your fingers stiff when doing the take away? It would look more normal to me if your fingers were slightly bent.

Thanks for the feedback on my fingers!! will loosen them up on my next attempt.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Looks GREAT.

I do triad coins all the time.

Always with me.

Being a Comedy Magician, I do it with funny patter.

I really don't like wearing twist flex band watches but I do just for this trick.

I think this is "A" Material
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
tejavoo
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of tejavoo
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2017, Neznarf wrote:
Looks GREAT.

I do triad coins all the time.

Always with me.

Being a Comedy Magician, I do it with funny patter.

I really don't like wearing twist flex band watches but I do just for this trick.

I think this is "A" Material

I do the watch vanish with a soft leather strap, which works well for me Smile
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Triad is like a 3t or 3cm without the m part.
It is fun to work with and if you are on the fence about a 3t then try this one out to see what the possible effects are with this style of gimmick.

Not everyone likes it and that is ok. Some really amazing magic can be done with it.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I picked this up mainly because I'm interested in purchasing a Triple Threat from Todd Lassen however this set has put me off, it's very noisy, as a single coin it doesn't look very good you definitely need to keep the coin moving, due to the small size it's quite fiddly and I found the gimmick to be unreliable when it come to releasing both the s***l and i****t sometimes the two would drop then other times just the i****t would drop. most disappointing so I think I'll hold off on the Triple Threat.
Teddy Meagher
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Teddy Meagher
I don't have either triad coins or triple threat, however I am able to accomplish essentially the same routine with hopping halves by roy kueppers. It comes with an expanded English penny shell, a regular English penny shell and an English penny insert. However sometimes I use a copper/silver coin instead of the English penny insert.
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
LOVE the routine. Simple, clean, direct. No juggling.
Do NOT love the Gaff set. Obviously a better made gaff for Josh. I certainly could not do a coin roll nested.

I tried using Triple TUC. Close, but did not like having to start with nest Heads/Heads. And handling is awkward.
However, you can do a great version using a set of “Transient Coins” Roy Kueppers (Triple Split). Plus you can do it smoother and silently than the Triad coin gaff!
You never worry of any unseating a coin accidentally handling, rolling or flipping the nested coins.

Even the “optional” finale where you vanish last coin and it reappears on the spectators palm can be done, because the single split coin is so perfectly seamed and thinness matches a single coin (at least with Eisenhower version, I do not have Kennedy version).
Anyway, I thought others would like knowing a gaff that would match the quality of the routine!
Blessings,
Steph
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2018, warren wrote:
I picked this up mainly because I'm interested in purchasing a Triple Threat from Todd Lassen however this set has put me off, it's very noisy, as a single coin it doesn't look very good you definitely need to keep the coin moving, due to the small size it's quite fiddly and I found the gimmick to be unreliable when it come to releasing both the s***l and i****t sometimes the two would drop then other times just the i****t would drop. most disappointing so I think I'll hold off on the Triple Threat.

That's like saying you bought a Chevrolet but it put you off on purchasing a Rolls Royce. Sure, they're both cars, and both are perfectly fine in their ability to take you places, but one has more features and is in a totally different class - assembly line quality vs handmade craftsmanship. A Triple Threat still may not be your cup of tea, but you really can't make a decision about one based on your experience with the other.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Feedback on my Triad Coin Set? (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL