The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Memorized deck order (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Dear Fellow magicians,

I'm looking into a memorized deck type. And I know SI Stebbins stack, but can anyone tell me about others systems - pros and cons. For instance do anybody know Osterlinds card system or Gauci's No Mnemonic Memorized card system and which one should be preferred??

regards

Vraagaard
Axio
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Axio
I don't know about the other one you mentioned, but Osterlind BCS is one of the best stacks I have seen, you can leave the deck after the performance, and no one will realize it's a stacked deck.
Axio
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Si stebbins and osterlind's are not considered memorized decks. they can be memorized though. Anyway, since this topic probably has 100 threads in this forum use the brand new cool search button
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
The best two I've ever seen are Simon Aronson's stack, its tough, and Osterlind's which is relatively easy.
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
If there were a printed difference in any deck, riffle deck while looking at back, you will see something change or move.
Rich Kameda
View Profile
New user
NYC
8 Posts

Profile of Rich Kameda
The Harding stack is an excellent stack. It requires a quick mathematical calculation to get the location or value of a card. I have memorized parts the stack and usually use the calculations for those parts I can't remember. Unlike the Stebbens stack the Harding stack has no easily identifiable patterns in it.

For me the best feature of the stack is my unpublished procedure that allows me to stack the deck from new deck order in under three minutes.

Cheers,
Rich
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
HI Vraagaard,

I STRONGLY recommend you do a search for Memorized decks (or stacks), because this sunbject has been discussed a couple of times in depth.

By reading all the posts you will be better equipped to make up your mind on which one is better FOR YOU (as it is a personal choice!).

There are 4 main points to consider when you decide to choose which stack to memorize (listed in no particular order):

-Does it look like a shuffled deck?
-How easy is it to memorize?
-Will it remains in your memory for a long time?
-Are there any built-in tricks? (THAT YOU WILL ACTUALY USE!)

The way you prioritize these questions will lead you to the right stack to memorize.
(ex.: Joyal, Aronson, Tamariz, Rix, Greene, Osterlind, Si Stebbins, Wild, OR your own!, etc...)

This should help.

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Memorized deck order (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL