The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Snowstorm song (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
711 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Magicfingerz,

I just bought a new cd called "12 Girls Band". I'm not sure about the nationality of these girls but they are Asians. Also, try the 4 female group called "BOND".

But then again, royalty free music comes in.

Hope this helps.

Sal Amangka
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
Jessie Altamirano
View Profile
New user
Corona, CA
11 Posts

Profile of Jessie Altamirano
I use "What A Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong for my Snowstorm routine. Instead of water and paper I use a white rose and just pluck off a few pedals to start the snowstorm. I always start my act with this effect. And when I have the right lighting condition I end my act with a D'Lite routine to "The Music of the Night" from the "Phantom of the Opera." At the end of the routine I wave my hand and change the red light into a cloud of red confediti. I mostly perform at parties in homes and backyards and no one has ever complained.
Now you see it... now you don't!
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
344 Posts

Profile of The Cardfather
One Wish by Hiroshima, check it out, very nice fusion Jazz.
magicreza
View Profile
Regular user
USA
126 Posts

Profile of magicreza
Good Call Fred!

I also highly reccomend Robert Miles "Children"
There are also some very nice remixes of the song out there.
He has 2 CD's out: Dreamland and 23am
Dreamland has A LOT of awesome pieces for magic...and very worth checking out.

Reza
http://www.magicreza.com
Johnny_Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Johnny_Dee
Quote:
On 2004-05-19 21:38, Amazing Binky wrote:
I saw a snowstorm routine using music from "Edward Scissorhands". Very neat!

Yes Kevin James use this song and it works great. However I would suggest to be original and find another one than this one. Leave it to Kevin.
As for me, I use a song from a soundtrack movie and it work great (want to keep it for myself...sorry). Cirque du soleil is a good choice, however, I would suggest to find another one than Allegria...too much known. I was about to use the last song from Saltimbanco's cd I think it is called "rideau". If you are good in sound editing you can get a very good upbeat song beginning with just piano and than drum and electric guitar.

Good luck

Johnny
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7401 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On 2004-04-14 16:27, Magicfingerz wrote:
Upbeat, yet I want it to sound Asian and authentic. Im just having a little truble finding one. Any suggestions would be great.

Although this is an old post, I am going to respond to it.

If you are seeking music, and are willing to pay the royalty fees (BMI, ASCAP), can I make a suggestion?

Look for some instumental songs by Kerry Livgren. He used to be a member of the rock group Kansas, and later started a Christian rock group called AD. He also has many solo projects.

One ablum that had some great instrumental songs was titled: "One of several possible musiks".

I obtained my super-X suspension music from this ablum, and there is also some upbeat music with an asian flair on this ablum.

Here is a link to Kerry's official website: http://www.numavox.com

- Donald.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Snowstorm song (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL