The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do magicians have bad hygiene? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Hermit
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
I have been combing thru old magic books for a couple of weeks. One thing have noticed in so many is that the first part of the book is all about cleaning your fingernails, washing your hair, buying a decent suit and so on. I even noticed it Osterlind's essays. Many of these books are kinda old, but geez were so many magicians clueless to this stuff. It seems funny, but apparently was needed to be said. It reminded me of a comment that came from one of Copperfield's guys. He said a lot of magicians ask me what equipment I should buy for my act and I'm tempted to tell them get a treadmill. Have many of you have seen nasty magicians that needed this advice?
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Yes. Yes I have met a few, and I've been given videos of many more.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Goshman.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
There have been many and still are some that believe that their talent is the only thing that matters. That is far from the truth when it comes to being a likeable entertainer/person. That could be because magicians are taught from the beginning that the top three rules in magic is practice, practice, practice. So much weight is given to the talent part alone that everything else is thrown to the side.

Nobody can help how they look, but they can at least touch themselves up the best they can when going out in public.

Honesty, I have seen some magicians that I would hate to run up on in the dark. Yet they want advice for working with small children.Smile

Tom
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Most magicians are skint and as we say there is only one thing worse than being skint and that is looking it. The unwashed or the great unwashed is a way of referring to poor people. A magician they say is a man with dirty hands in white gloves. Well, it is a dirty business but somebody has got to do it.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Hermit
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
Goshman.

Good point. Also, Larry Jennings always looked like he just came from work and the bar. When I was a kid a lot of the books discussed looking good, etc. I perused about 70 books on mentalism and magic and was cracking up at the numbers of pages devoted to it.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2017, TomBoleware wrote:

Honesty, I have seen some magicians that I would hate to run up on in the dark.

You will have nothing to worry about with me in that type of atmosphere.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2017, tommy wrote:
A magician they say is a man with dirty hands in white gloves.

You saw my hands didn't you, Tommy. But I promise you it is not what you think it is.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
No we are people of class and culture. Some forget the little things and why it's in some books on close up.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do magicians have bad hygiene? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL