The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » FREAK by Dave Forrest - good for Halloween (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of pawel
I got this a week ago and I like it. I haven't performed it yet though. Waiting for Halloween. Dave came out with the "Five Piece Principle" which is simple but useful. I can see using it and adopting to my own needs. It's a trick with pictures similar to Jamie Daw's SCREAM 2.0. It's similar in terms of emotions and reaction you would get but different "technique" and story. Sorry - I can't say too much. If you likes Jamie's SCREAM you would like this even more. It's very clean and fair. I got it for £16.49 with free UK delivery. It's worth it in my opinion. You get link to video and some pdfs on the same day and the pictures will come few days later. I'm no friend of Dave Forrest and I get no benefits from posting this.
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
116 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
I got this a few days ago too. I love effects involving photographs. Despite modern digital photography, people still have an ingrained belief that they can trust the evidence of their own eyes in a photograph, that it's something reliable, and that it won't change in their own hands. This has a very strong finish, with a genuinely freakish and disturbing image.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2017, ManxBull wrote:
I got this a few days ago too. I love effects involving photographs. Despite modern digital photography, people still have an ingrained belief that they can trust the evidence of their own eyes in a photograph, that it's something reliable, and that it won't change in their own hands. This has a very strong finish, with a genuinely freakish and disturbing image.

I haven't thought about this but your statement explains why people take pictures at my funerals. I thought it was because they liked the cute costumes I put on the cadavers but I may be wrong. What better way to prove your loved one is dead than to take a picture of them all laid out in their casket. Thanks for your insight. Now if I can just figure out why they are always kissing on them. Don't get me wrong, I don't find anything wrong with the family and friends hugging corpses and maybe a peck on the forehead, but when it comes to french kissing, I have to draw the line.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of pawel
Nothing about "French" can surprise me... wait, what? :O
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I also bought this & recieved it last week & pretty much what pawel wrote says it best.

David does a great job of explaining ot thru a vid link, there is a little simple DYI-ing to complete & use but the 1 item you either have or can purchase anywhere very cheap, other than that everything is supplied & link to download more Pic's should the originals ever wear out.

As pawel says, I can see being able to adapt this to my own needs & effect, but I love this & can packs small & looks as to hit big.
Haven't used it yet but hoping to next 2 Sat lil shows plannwd.

Freak is definitely a great worth getting pic effect & works in great next to Jamie Daws he's not here, the forgotten & scream ( without the scream loud ending ) only with its own Freaky ending, pertect for the Halloween season !!
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
There's no jump scare in this one, is there? I was sincerely disappointed in another product due to that.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
No jump scare, just a freaky visual ending.
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of pawel
No explosives and smoke if that's what you mean 😀
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
More along the lines of visual impact like He's not here & The forgotten but not Jamie's method......a completley new method & freaky ending
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Curious. Not super expensive, I might give it a go.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
bartleby
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of bartleby
Gave it a go! I look forward to receiving it.
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1374 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
I'm waiting on one also
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions & Co Producer of Bizarre hauntings
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Great effect
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2017, bartleby wrote:
Gave it a go! I look forward to receiving it.

I just did as well. Hope there is not too much 'arts and crafts', as I don't always follow through on an effect when that is a requirement....
bartleby
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of bartleby
Got mine yesterday and performed it for my 12 year old last night. He declared it cool.
BifKahuna
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of BifKahuna
Hey just received this one. Watch ed half the video. Love the handling! I was just wondering if anyone has used rubber cement for the DYI as I have that on hand but don't want to ruin the Portraits.

Thanks
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Rubber cement is the easiest to overcome. Better than super glue.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2017 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Maybe the corpse French-kissed first!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » FREAK by Dave Forrest - good for Halloween (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL