The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Karrell Fox (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Looking for another pack small play big? How about Karrell Fox sponge ball routine with a paper bag.
Having a ball is in (Another Book) page 184. I've been doing it for many years with excellent results.
Try it, you may like it.
Tricky Ricky
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
The Karrell Fox books are full of commercial routines, largely unknown by today's magicians. Every one of the books published by the Supreme Magic Co. had a chapter on kid show routines.

Many of the Supreme titles are resurfacing. Donald Wallace of Magic Books by Post bought the entire stock of Supreme titles when they went out of business. When he retired he sold them all, but the new buyers were too busy with other projects to market them properly (there were five shipping containers full of Supreme titles, never mind all the other titles stocked). There's now a new owner and many of the titles are available though I don't know if a website has been set up yet. He did have a stand at the Blackpool convention this year.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Yup! Karrell's books were stuffed with SIMPLE ways of doing many of the old classics! IMO, he very wisely did not write up detailed PRESENTATIONS! He wanted to present a simple, clever idea, and let the readers develop a presentation that fit THEIR personality, and, style of performing.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
A Show By Joe
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island
407 Posts

Profile of A Show By Joe
His books are fantastic!! chock full of great ideas!
Nem
View Profile
New user
Florida
59 Posts

Profile of Nem
I always loved Karrel's jumbo card switch with the light switch on it.
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
I saw Karrell Fox lecture numerous times.

He always presented something that absolutely blew your mind and then, since it was a magician's convention, he naturally tipped the method.

More often than not, he had the simplest gimmick / method for creating what appeared to be a major miracle.

Gerry
Nem
View Profile
New user
Florida
59 Posts

Profile of Nem
True, he was great at that.
g.albinana
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of g.albinana
Hi, is there any way to contact Mr. Donald Wallace or to whom sells the books now?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Murphy's Magic I think was selling a lot of them off. Try Derek Kennedy at Magic Etc. in Dallas. He may have some of the titles. www.magic-etc.com. You can tell him I sent you there.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Basil
View Profile
Regular user
Green Bay, WI
129 Posts

Profile of Basil
Lybrary.com has a few Karrell Fox ebooks for sale if anybody is interested. Some of his material may seem dated, but I think part of the fun is coming up changes to update the routines, like Dan Harlan did with the Tarbell books.
g.albinana
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of g.albinana
Thanks a lot
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Karrell Fox (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL