The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Visiting the Magic Castle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Midas Kid
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Midas Kid
I wasn't quite sure where to post this request. So if this is in the incorrect place please move it.

No doubt you get quite a few of these requests throughout the year but I wanted to enquire how I could enjoy an evening at the Castle. I will be attending the E3 conference in L.A. this May. Obviously I don't get to travel half way round the world that often, so I thought this would be a great opportunity to vist one of the hallowed halls of magic. More importantly get to see and meet fellow magicians from the "otherside of the pond". I feel that I would be a kid in a sweet shop trying to figure out which would be the best candy to try next.

I have been pefroming magic for over ten years now and I am currently a member of the Ipswich Magical Society here in the UK. So if there is anyone out there that can help arrange a visit it would be greatly appreciated.
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Being a member of the Castle or SAM or IBM has always been good. I don't know if yours will do. Anyway, visit a local magic shop and have a magician sponsor your visit. Or, call the castle first and ask what is the best approach.

Beware of a dress code. You must be 21.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
Popeye
View Profile
New user
England
12 Posts

Profile of Popeye
Can you offer me some advice too? I'm planning a trip in October and even though I'm pretty hopeless at moment I would love to visit The Magic Castle.

Thanks

Bev
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
They have a website, magiccastle.org, with info on visiting, dinner reservations, etc.
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
The Magic Castle Homepage can be found here: http://www.magiccastle.com/f/ You need a "Guest Pass" to be able to visit the Magic Castle, make dinner reservations and see the various shows. A Magic Castle member (in good standing) would need to provide such a pass. Also the Magic Castle has very strict Dress Code regulations. Everyone in the group also needs to be 21 years of age or older. (They will check I.D.'s). And , there is a "Door Charge" for everyone in the group, to gain entrance.
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
Popeye
View Profile
New user
England
12 Posts

Profile of Popeye
Thanks for the replies - the website is really useful! All I need to do is find a member to sign me up - but as I live in Blackpool and there are an awful lot of magicians & magic clubs around here, I'm hoping it won't be too difficult.

Thanks Again

Bev
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Visiting the Magic Castle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL