The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Dealing with a new deck that is buckled or snaps (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DrBrewhaha
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of DrBrewhaha
I'm noticing that some of my decks, after opening then develop a kind of center buckle where, if you press in the center of the deck, they snap and the buckle inverts. I'm sure you know what I mean. What is that a sign of? A deck that needs more breaking in? Humidity (although there can't be much humidity where I live - in the Southwestern United States)? What? How can I make it go away? Thanks.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2911 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Place one card face up the other face down throughout the whole deck and place back in the card box. The next day it should be fine. Yes humidity plays a roll and learn to spring the cards face up and face down to break them in.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of DaveGripenwaldt
Just heat without the humidity can be a factor itself. David's suggestion works well - that's what I've done for years - as does storing your working deck in a Joe Porper-style card clip.
DrBrewhaha
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of DrBrewhaha
Thanks for the tips. I'll give them a try.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Dealing with a new deck that is buckled or snaps (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL