The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Best Pen through Dollar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
TX fornow- MemberMagicCastle'65-'88
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
What is the best Pen through Dollar effect? Is this a recommended trick or a "Pass"?
Thx
"The only difference between a Card Cheat and a Magician is that the Magician shows off.".......... Jay Ose 1965

Dicklucas
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Hello Richard,
No! never pass this effect up! It's one of the best carry at all times close-up effect!
In my estimation, the best is the "Executive Pen" by Magic Makers. You can check it out at: http://www.magicmakersinc.com
Most dealers carry it!
Do a search on Pen through bill at the Café for all revues and comments.
Gerard
khuber
View Profile
Regular user
SLC Utah
125 Posts

Profile of khuber
I agree with MagicCarisio that the "Executive Pen" is the best. I'm a police officer that is assigned to a school and I have two with me at all times. I use them as regular pens and the kids love em.
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Thank you khuber! I tell it like it is! The "Executive Pens" are awesome!
Gerard
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I did this at a restaurant gig (I got a free dinner too)(not from the trick, but just because I was a performer) and while I was eating a guy on his way out stopped and said "Do you think you could tell me how the pen in the dollar trick works? I'm an engineer and I'm going to be up all night thinking about that one!" I was speechless (mainly because of the caesar salad in my mouth), but I didn't have a witty comeback or anything. I of course didn't tell him how it was done, but he was still "wowed"
chriscox
View Profile
Regular user
London
173 Posts

Profile of chriscox
Pen-etration is fantastic...very cheap...very visual and if all you want to do is the pen through dollar then you're sorted it's great!
Kayo_City
View Profile
New user
Dublin, Ireland
59 Posts

Profile of Kayo_City
Yeah! I agree Pen-etration is a great effect...and very easy to use!
That's all i have to say about that!
City Livin'
K.O Style
magicmann
View Profile
Veteran user
317 Posts

Profile of magicmann
I use the ultimate pen through anything but may change shortly to a sharpie
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I only have two different types, the B2 Bomber, and the Stealth Pen (which I have two of). The B2 Bomber has a bigger penetration (more of the pen appearing to puncture the bill), but I prefer the Stealth. It looks more natural, is easier to clean up, and is easier to handle. I don't see any flaws in it that would make me look for a better pen, plus, the Stealth Pen is pretty reasonably priced.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Paradise
View Profile
Elite user
sheffieldEngland
417 Posts

Profile of Paradise
I have the john cornelious pen, and whilst it is excellent I am thinking of changing to the stealth as it a lot more natural looking pen
usa
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of usa
One question.
I just got my executive pen in the mail, now there are at least TWO different types out there or maybe I am wrong, let me explain.
I have seen this advertized at $30 then on other website at $24 and finally I got mine for $14.
Plus some of them come in blue box, some in black.
I got blue box with sticker "made in china"
Why such a difference in price do you think, and are there owners of black box pen I could compare notes with? Are some of those knockoffs?
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
The boxes are knockoffs! LOL. The pens are the same!
The ULTIMATE!
No! I do not work for Magic Makers!
Gerard
P.S. looking for part time work to supplement my Social Security check! LOL
Gerard
usa
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of usa
With my order I got a free gift- perfect PENetration.
Honestly You need both, they are both great, Executive well looks executive, perfect pen is something you see in WalMart. I don't know which one I will use more, I just got them so can't say.
Executive is examinable to a certain point, Perfect pen they can take apart and find zero.
With both I would say, direct attention to the dollar bill not the pen but it doesn't matter if they want to see the pen as well.
Perfect pen also looks like it can write much longer because of lenght or refill inside, but Executive is one piece of wonderful Chinese craftsmanship.
I was very pleasantly surprized when I got those.

Quote:
On 2004-04-16 01:10, khuber wrote:
I agree with MagicCarisio that the "Executive Pen" is the best. I'm a police officer that is assigned to a school and I have two with me at all times. I use them as regular pens and the kids love em.

One question, how do you use them as regular pens, I wouldn't want to run out of ink too soon. Or more importantly how do you change the cartrige once it's empty?
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
I perssonally would'nt use any pen through's, as a writing pen, only for the effect...it should then last for many years.
Gerard
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Running out of ink is not a problem. Personally, I don't want to carry 2 pens and switch.

There are several pens that do not require any switch. There is also an overpriced pen at Magic Max, but the gimmick is so strong it is worth the money.
usa
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of usa
Do you guys find a stronger gimmick better. If so why?
Initially I found it easier to work with not so strong gimmick, but I just got it so...
Executive pen is twice as potent as Perfect PENetration . I am not sure yet if that's a good thing.
ashah
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of ashah
I think a stronger one is better. Once when doing Perfect PENetration, I pulled the pen out of the bill and... well, guess what went flying? That wasn't too fun. Also, one of my moves is difficult to set up because of the weakness of the gimmick. It seems to me that it used to work better when I first got it, but not anymore.
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
Richard,

If you´re still doing your market research, have a look at the Sharpie Through Anything. Contains a very strong gimmick, which is important for the above stated reason and because it produces a devastating ripping sound the moment you withdraw the pen from the bill. Jaws drop. Also, you can easily transition it in and out, with the enclosed regular Sharpie, in combination with so many other effects that require a permanent marker, i.e. cards.

Regards,

José
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17048 Posts

Profile of joseph
I have both the Executive and Doug Edwards Wonder Pen-tration, and though both are good, I prefer the Edwards version......
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Wonder Pen-tration by Doug Edwards...Great pen! is it still available? I believe I read
somewhere it's not manufactured any longer...I could be mistaken.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Best Pen through Dollar (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL