The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » London based card magician, mentalist & collector (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

citizen
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of citizen
Hi Café heads, it's nice to be a member after years of reading threads.. lurking in the shadows. I'm glad to now be able to partake in the magic conversations, debate and so on (minus any trivial grammatical handbags at dawn.)

I'm based in Sunny London & I've been learning and performing magic for well over 15 years, I'm nearly 30 years old. The last decade has been professional, and I belong to a number of local magic clubs where I keep in touch with friends, share new stuff & try to grow my knowledge.

Every year I attend the Blackpool Magic Convention & would be happy to advise anybody thinking about visiting for the first time. To me it's 3 days of pure heaven.

Recently I've had a burning interest in mentalism and finding new styles/ways to perform it convincingly in order to have a truly big impact, "change a spectator's life", even just for that day. It's something I've been putting a lot of thought into and I look forward to continuing that on here.

Experience wise I know a decent amount of technique, mainly with card magic and close up/parlour magic (minus the rings and zombies).

I'm currently doing R&D for a short-film which I'm planning to shoot from late Spring 2018 - Every thought I currently have about magic is somehow related to that project, and I have a huge huge list of effects and ideas for effects which are intended for the short film (I'm sure I'll feel the need to bounce some stuff around in here at some point, and I look forward to it)

Cheers,
Citizen

PS I also collect antique magic books & pamphlets, so if anybody is selling or just wants to compare notes; I am an open door, PM me.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome citizen,

What is a grammatical handbag? What is sunny London? Are there two Londons?

There are quite a few Mentalist here so you are in good company.

I'll see you in the Close-Up And Parlor fora.

-Mary Mowder
citizen
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of citizen
Hi Mary, thank you for the welcome : )

By handbags I was referring to the bickering that takes place in forums sometimes, usually about something trivial like grammar. I was joking - but looking back at my post it wasn't obvious! (or funny)

By London I mean London England, capital of the UK.. In calling it sunny I was again joking... Sarcasm, because the weather is mostly bad.

Luckily my magic is better than my joke writing...

See you in the Close-up and Parlor sections

Cheers,
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hey!
I first met Pat Page in London, FIFTY YEARS AGO, and, it was a SUNNY DAY, in September! --So, there! (hee hee)
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
citizen
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of citizen
Hey Dick - Glad to hear it! So It does happen - Now if you could only make it rain less I'd be forever grateful
MrEmagic
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of MrEmagic
Welcome to the café! I was in London last year and got to visit Davenports magic shop; very friendly staff that helped me A LOT! I wish you the best of luck with changing peoples lives, maybe you can even cure a depression or two Smile
citizen
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of citizen
Davenports is a brilliant little shop. Underground and hidden, as all good magic shops should be!
Luke Jonas
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire UK
191 Posts

Profile of Luke Jonas
Welcome Citizen, I too am UK based and have a love for mentalism and collecting of old books, I have quite a few old and rare ones so would love to compare notes some time or see if we could help eachother out.
Regards,
Luke Jonas
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Hi Smile
B.W. McCarron
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, WA USA
262 Posts

Profile of B.W. McCarron
Hi citizen, and welcome to the forums. Mentalism and collecting are two of my passions, as well. Once your post count reaches 50 (I don't believe that posts in this particular forum count towards your total), you'll have even more access to information here.

Best new year wishes,

--B.W.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » London based card magician, mentalist & collector (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL