The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Borrow/Rent Doves (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
I may have a gig in February 2018 in Vegas. Don't really want to travel with my doves and heard many issue with airline travel.

Any Vegas magician that can help me with two doves for a day? Would greatly appreciate it.

Best,

Maro
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If you just watched the Magic Summit lecture series this last week, then mailing them through the USPS is the best and least expensive way to ship your birds. In any case, see the local post office for the requirements, and there will be Vet bills as well, so contact a Vet who knows about birds and requirement for traveling.

You will also have to pay the person that lends you the birds, if you find one, and I a sure there are enough magicians in Vegas that could help you. I don't believe any of them are on the Café, though.

I don't know anyone in Vegas, so the 1st step I would take, is contact Jeff McBride's school, and Tony Clark to see if they can pass along a source for you.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I haven't shipped doves in a little while but the cost used to be around $25 for up to 6 birds. There are no vet requirements but you do need special livestock boxes available from feed and grain stores and on line. You just put the birds in the box, seal it up and take it to the post office. They ship overnight and it's not expensive. If you go this route, be sure to put some cushioning material like wood chips used for rabbit and hamster cages and put a small water dish taped to the inside of the box. Put a small sponge in the dish and fill will water just before going to the post office.

You could also try contacting Criss Moss (tropicalillusions) here on the café. He lives in Oklahoma but may be able to give you some sources in LV.
Where the magic begins
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Thank you Bill Hegbli for the information. Dave Scribner thanks, I'll try to contact Criss Moss.
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I have been looking for some doves for a while. It seems they are impossible to find in mu area. I had 5 at one time but 6-7 years ago that number started slowly declining. It seems I was losing one about every 12-24 months, and now I am down to my last dove. I may try to check with Chris.

Thanks guys.
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Borrow/Rent Doves (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL