The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Flash Paper on Clothing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Hey guys!

I'm just wanting to pick the brains of those more knowledgeable than I in this area:

What is the best way to light a large strip (50cm by 10cm) of flash paper on cloth without burning or ruining the cloth?

I'm fine applying a substance to or modifying the cloth somewhat, but I do not want to put out any flames in the end. I'd need the flash paper to burn and that's all.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions brothers!

Stay safe,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Use a cloth that's not easy burning, as wool or cotton and make it fire resistant
There are special liquids therefore (they are used in theaters to make the curtains fire resistant)
FasciN8
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of FasciN8
Using a kevlar cloth will give you the most fire protection, as it is the same material that firefighters wear. Also, you could always pour some water on it beforehand to dampen the surface.
Hope this helps.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Do not use water. Water + heat = steam which burns worse than just fire on the skin.

John Wills' advice was correct - use a natural fiber cloth and for extra protection treat it with chemicals. Test any fabrics treated with chemicals for skin irritation after applying it.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Flash Paper on Clothing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL