The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove Productions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
445 Posts

Profile of latentimage
I have been working with doves for several years, but have only recently been getting into body loads and steals. I have been talking with Gen Grant and watching his videos for advice, which by the way are wonderful, but Im trying to find some advice on dove productions done with no cover. If anyone here has ever seen Dimmare, I'm sure you know what I mean. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appriciated.
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
Darcy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Darcy
Your proabably looking for something called an invisible dove harness. I would not recommend one if you have just gotten into body loads as they can be dangerous for the birds if not used properly.
Darcy
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
445 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Some time ago I got an invisable harness (Tony Clark) to try out, but I never got around to using it. Are they typically used with standard pockets or as sleeve loads?
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22647 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes they are used for pocket loads. Shamada has his dove on cane. As far as dove splitting, this is not in print as the more you learn about body loads will lead how to do this type of effect.

The Twin Dove Production is available for sale, 2 birds at once on a large scarf or 2 tied scarves.
Darcy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Darcy
There are several great vidoes out there that may help you figure this out exactly. I would recomend you get Tony Clark's behind the seems and it will tell you almost everything you need to know about body loads and your costume etc.
Darcy
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22647 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Buy a complete dove suit.

http://www.amosmagic.com

It will solve a lot of headaches in the long run.
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
445 Posts

Profile of latentimage
I was going to buy a full dove suit from Amos, but I have been talking with Gen Grant, and I think it will be a lot more economical for me in the long run to build my own (I'm a poor college student). I would really like to get a complete one, but I just can't afford it unless someone knows where I can get one cheaper than $850.

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22647 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You will spend that much in getting the correct pockets, jacket, and information to produce a good dove act.

I was speaking from experience. So save your money and get it all put together correctly.

Or I have $1000 of research information you can buy from me as I do not do doves anymore.
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
445 Posts

Profile of latentimage
I found a tux with tails I can get for $250 dollars, and for 250 more dollars I can have 5 pockets with matching silks and harnesses and a tail pocket put in from Gen Grant. Is there anything else you think I would need? The suits Amos has really looks nice and if I had the money I would buy one today, but its still looking cheaper to me to go with making my own. Another factor is I can buy a little at a time instead of waiting the 6 months it would take me to come up with the $850. What kind of research information do you mean that you have? I am really trying to learn as much as I can from everyone before making any desicions. Thanks

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22647 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Start by buying a used tux. Many of the tux shops sell suits that are out of fashion. You can even save more then.

Only get a Summer weight wool blend, they wrinkle less.

Even if you have the suit with pockets then you need to find an learn the moves. The silks alone are expensive.

A dove act is more than pulling doves out of pockets.
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
445 Posts

Profile of latentimage
I recently got a video from General Grant, and he and his video have been helping me with the technical aspects of productions and stuff, and now I really want to get the tux and the pockts etc. and get started with those long hours in front of the mirror. About how much does a used tux run?

KSMagic2007
View Profile
Regular user
Missouri
200 Posts

Profile of KSMagic2007
I would recommend Tony Clark's Ultra safe invisible dove harness, and also his dove video's they are great.
Kyle
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22647 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It seems that KSMagic2007 also recommends Tony Clark's video 'Behind the Seems' to crate and prepare your jacket. This he straightened me out on in another string, good advice.
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
445 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Yes I have been looking into getting that Tony Clark video. I will definitly invest in that before putting my jacket together. Thanks a lot for the advice!

KSMagic2007
View Profile
Regular user
Missouri
200 Posts

Profile of KSMagic2007
You are welcome AL, I hope it helps.
Kyle
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
445 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Does the Tony Clark video deal with invisable harness productions? If it doesn't, can someone tell me about a video that does?

sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
880 Posts

Profile of sperris
Tony's does, I think every video shows invisible dove harnesses except like General Grant's and Amos's Videos. Most of them all are the same moves, maybe just different productions.

sperris
DANSPERRY.COM
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
445 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Thanks Sperris,
I have been getting a great deal of advice from General Grants video, but I also wanted to find something that dealt with invisable harness productions. As soon as I finish getting this new tux together, I beleive I will look into getting your video. Smile

magic mike
View Profile
New user
Michael M.
88 Posts

Profile of magic mike
AL (dovemagic9),
Make sure the tux you buy is the right size for body loads from the breast. It should be two sizes bigger (at least) than your right size.

Beside Tony Clark, Andy Amyx and Dan Sperry, among others, teach steals with an invisible harness. If you want the birds to come out very quickly try using a pocket made from thin plastic as used in book binders. You can find them in any stationery store. You need to place one sheet on top of the other and staple them in the appropriate spots. I learned this on this forum from Dave Scribner.

Good luck,
Mike
Channing Pollack is my idea of the perfect magician. For those of you that have not seen him perform, I recommend trying to get hold of a video of an old movie called "European Nights" made about 1959.
I was able to buy this video from Stevens Magic
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
880 Posts

Profile of sperris
I use the overhead projection sheets, they work nicely. I'm in the process of marketing a new wave pocket with special material that I found that works similar that is already installed into the pocket for you. They'll be the same price as my current ones and will end up replacing them once I sell out of my current stock of standard pockets.

sperris
DANSPERRY.COM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove Productions (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL