The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » I need your opinion - About foreign gimmicked coin magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bigmagictrout
View Profile
New user
Quebec, Canada
46 Posts

Profile of Bigmagictrout
- Sorry for my English, not my native language -
Hello. I would like to have your opinion about gimmicked coin magic. Ok. I live in Canada and I would like to buy Scotch and Soda, Hopping Half, CSB or Copper Silver. Here's my problem. Since I live in Canada, why would I use Half US dollars or English pennies? I mean, everyone will say : Where did you find those coins, or, Cool, "Let me see them!" I found one store where I can get a Canadian version of Copper / Silver. What should I do ? Should I get my Canadian version of Copper / Silver instead of Scotch and Soda? I need your opinion about that
Thank you, have a nice day.. Smile
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
587 Posts

Profile of wayman
Get the Canadian version of C/S if you live in Canada.
just for the reasons that you gave.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4853 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
You can get a gaff made up in any coins you want from Tod Lassen. His website is http://www.toddlassen.com
He can do just about anything with coins!
His E-Mail is also on the site!

Best, David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Check with Peter Marucci. He has a gimmick free S&S (and he's Canadian to boot). Could solve your issue.

Regards,
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1912 Posts

Profile of Platt
Whether you live in Canada or the US, the question still remains: what are you doing with Asian and Mexican coins? Copper, Silver, Brass, probably the strongest of the effects you mentioned, use coins that you obviously didn't haphazardly pull out your change drawer. There's many ways around explaining why you have them. One would be to tell them these are foreign coins you grew up learning slight of hand with. Another might be, "these are weird coins that do weird things. I have no idea why."

Of course, no matter what you say, people will want to examine the coins. That's the beauty with Copper, Silver, Brass. You start and end clean. Every time you go to the pocket there's a very good reason.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Bigmagictrout,
As Riff says, my No-Gimmick Scotch and Soda is available for the asking. Just e-mail me (or anyone else interested can do so, too).
First of all, Platt is right: There has to be a good reason why you are using anything that is unfamiliar.
My routine uses Canadian, U.S., and Mexican coins, with a carefully explained and totally logical reason.
But, since nothing is gimmicked, it doesn't matter: People can examine everything at any time (although why you would let them is beyond me!).
The big problem with the gimmicked versions is that, no matter who makes them, the gimmicked coin never sounds or feels "real".
So save your money!
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Bigmagictrout
View Profile
New user
Quebec, Canada
46 Posts

Profile of Bigmagictrout
Platt, or anyone else of course, in Copper, Silver, Brass, what do you mean by you start and end clean? Examinable? Well if it's not, you could put them in your pocket and switch them....
Full Effect
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
257 Posts

Profile of Full Effect
Bigmagictrout: The silver/copper/brass effect starts out with 3 different coins that can be totaly examined before you start and after you have finished with the effect

I never worry about what people will say about my coins. I carry all sorts of coins from US half dollars dating back to 1944 silver dollars at early 1900s. I also carry different foreign coin from chinese to english to mexican. I just tell people that i kinda collect "interesting" coins.
Different coins make people more interested and pay more attention to your magic.
"Running water never becomes stale, so keep flowing" - Immortal Dragon Bruce Lee
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2323 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
If you cant find any great canadian gimmicks, there is always the Gold and Silver *greek* hopping halves set. It looks great on the video demos. I believe there is on demo at jbtv. Hope this helps. If not, then shoot me. Smile
Take care,
Brian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » I need your opinion - About foreign gimmicked coin magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL