The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Chris Ramsay - Chess Guess (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1172 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Just a heads up in case anyone isn't aware, this is currently on sale for only $39 for a temporary period--a gigantic discount off the normal $119 price tag...

https://www.ellusionist.com/chess-guess.html

Seth
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2019, Seth speaks wrote:
Just a heads up in case anyone isn't aware, this is currently on sale for only $39 for a temporary period--a gigantic discount off the normal $119 price tag...

https://www.ellusionist.com/chess-guess.html

Seth

I purchased two at the special price after receiving the clever Make a choice: the Blue Pill or Red Pill email from Ellusionist. Since I am a Matrix fan, I couldn't resist. I saw Chess Guess and picked up two units (primary and a backup). Prior to purchasing, I saw several comments on the Café and Ellusionist that people have received faulty units. Glad I ordered two, because one was faulty right out of the box. Ellusionist has excellent customer service (they are as excellent as Penguin and Hocus Pocus IMO). A refund was issued immediately. I love the game of Chess and have some ideas on incorporating this utility in my sets.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
For those that own this, and the t*****r is no longer working, the Chess piece works great with SS. I tested it out last night since I just received SS 3.0 and it works great. Also, the added advantage is that you don't have to worry about the Chess piece battery life even if you do have a working t*****r.
hotjacket
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of hotjacket
In response comments about electronics in mentalism - it depends on the electronics.

I don't have Chess Guess, but have constructed something similar with Labco gear.

Sure, it's a totally different price range, but with that price comes rock-solid reliability (and the ability to ascertain which piece was chosen out of all possible chess pieces, not just what color it was).

I'm not saying we should totally rely on electronics, but nevertheless take Arthur C. Clarke's quote quite literally: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" Smile
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1427 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2018, JesHansen wrote:
Why the hell chess pieces?! There are great devieces around aloowing for a multitude of objects.. where (when not framed in a stage show) you will find the possibility to incorporate chess pieces naturally? That is a pointless product..

Jes, I'm embarrased for you. Clearly, you're not a Chess player. If you were, you'd know that it's common practice to have one player hide a white pawn in one hand and a black one in the other. The other player then picks a hand. White always goes first in Chess and it is a HUGE advantage... which is why they do this to determine who goes first.
Magic which awakens and nourishes the divine spirit in man encourages the growth of true humanity, in contrast to the materialistic outlook which binds man to the earth.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Chris Ramsay - Chess Guess (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL