The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Golden Buddha by Magic Wagon (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
The next Magic Wagon release, The Golden Buddha, will be available on Sunday 26 November 2017.

Here is the description from Magic Wagon website:

A beautiful ornate plinth is shown along with a small Buddha statue. The Buddha is now placed on the plinth and is then covered with a clear tube. Even though it remains in full view, the Buddha is completely isolated and surrounded by the tube which is also much taller than the Buddha itself. Next, a solid tube is placed over the clear tube and a lid is placed on the top. The performer now explains about the miracles and powers of Buddha and allows the spectator to disassemble everything and, to their surprise, the Buddha has completely vanished!

The Golden Buddha has been inspired by one of the rarest micro magic effects by Magiro called Babushka. If you�re unfamiliar with the method, you�re going to be amazed by the ingeniously designed mechanism used in this baffling micro magic illusion.

This is one of the most charming and baffling miniature illusions ever created.

The entire outfit stands approximately 12.5cms tall and has been painstakingly and individually hand-crafted by our own exclusive artist.

The photos do not do justice to this absolutely gorgeous apparatus. This is, without question, one of the finest and most exquisitely detailed effects ever produced featuring a Chinese Bagua symbol, a lion bite sword and the flying Chinese dragon in clouds!

Special thanks to Mr. David De Graef for suggesting the ideas & consultations on this amazing piece of magic.

Any thoughts?
Simon Smile

P.S. Thanks to Mr Tony Curtis for the picture above!
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
FYI

simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
The Golden Buddha is now available!

Click Here

Simon Smile
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
...and sold out!
falihahmed
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of falihahmed
That was very fast! it looks fantastic. cant wait to get my hands on mine! thank you
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
If past history is any indication I would bet that Stevens Magic will get a limited supply in the near future.
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I'm looking forward to people's reviews once they receive their new Magic Wagon piece.
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
440 Posts

Profile of robvh
This looks very similar to Magic Wagon's popular Majestic Hydro Die effect which sold out quickly. This lends itself to an interesting story and doesn't use any water which some people may prefer (even if the water does add to the impossibility of it all).

I'm not surprised that it sold out fast. I'm looking forward to seeing some customer reviews and in knowing if the method is very different than Hydro Die.
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Same method, different engine. If you have seen Babushka being performed the method becomes more obvious. I personally think Hydro Die is better because it requires less manipulation by the performer. Nice looking outfit though.
TrylleJan
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of TrylleJan
Now I bought it Smile
j.morl
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of j.morl
Hi All, can anyone give me any info on where to get the additional props in this performance?
https://youtu.be/MwqF26LvC08

Thanks
James
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2018, j.morl wrote:
Hi All, can anyone give me any info on where to get the additional props in this performance?
https://youtu.be/MwqF26LvC08

Thanks
James

It is a "Golden Buddha" and "Tenyo Telesphere" combination.

Simon Smile
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
It really adds to the effect I would also like to know if it is available
j.morl
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of j.morl
Thanks Simon. Does anyone know if the Tenyo Telesphere is still available to buy? I assume you also need two Buddha’s?
Thanks
James
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Hey James,
Second hands T-127 Tenyo Telesphere do show up for sale from time to time, here (Tricks for sale or trade section, but you need 50 posts to have access) and on other auctions sites. Maybe you can also express your interest in the Tenyo section of the Café...?

Everything else you need is one MW-176 The Golden Buddha and you’re all set!

Good luck in your quest!
Simon
merlin2812
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of merlin2812
Hello James!

You will find from time to time a telesphere from Tenyo either here or on the famous bidding website. The trick itseld is really very very nice, so don't hesitate, even if you don't use it with the golden Buddha!!
Concerning the price, it will depend if it is used or not, mint, etc...
A fair price would be around 75 USD, usually, you see it around 120 USD, but it changes always.

good luck!

merlin
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
The Golden Buddha is a jewel of beauty but needs a lot of practice to really convince ...

I am not yet satisfied with the publicly shown demonstrations and am still working on another

Caution is also required when handling such handcolored objects, so always handle with clean hands
TrylleJan
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of TrylleJan
Yes you really need to handle with care. I still practise, I have made a "ring" with a magnet on, so I can perform standing up.
Triple B
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Triple B
I hate that I missed this one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Golden Buddha by Magic Wagon (5 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL