The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Need help with name of card trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Hope someone can help with providing some info on a trick that I recently saw on a London Palladium TV show whereby the audience members were given 4 pictures of celebrities. I believe that Penn and Teller have done this trick also using cards with their audience. These 4 items are then torn in half and then piled onto top of the other. Doesn't matter RH on LH or LH to RH. Then though a series of putting the cards in the middle and throwing away the top card after repeating the process of putting another one in the middle and discarding the top and finally keeping one safely guarded, you eventually are left with 4 cards or in this case 1/2 of the pictures. A volunteer is asked to name a number between 1 to 10. This volunteer named 7. The magician repeated taking the top picture and putting it on the bottom 7 times. Low and behold the next picture matched the one that was kept by the spectator. If anyone can name this trick and it's source, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
Hi Snidini, this sound pretty similar to Love Ritual by Woody Aragon in 'A Book in English'. Penn and Teller did with regular cards in their show. Woody did not use celebrities pictures, just regular cards. Also, the ending on Woody Aragon version is a little bit different, there is 'love me, love me not' kind of count at the end. Woody credits Max Maven Redivider for the inspiration, so the version above may be a combination of Woody's Love Ritual and effects in Redivider.

Marc
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Thanks marc. I do remember now that P&T were using the "he/she love's me, he/she love's me not" routine. It's worth looking into both of these. I'll have to go through all of Max Maven material and see if it's there. Thanks again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Need help with name of card trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL