We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Belated Easter-related effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

silverfire9
View Profile
Veteran user
Rochester Hills, MI
323 Posts

Profile of silverfire9
Hi, all. I don't normally post in this particular section, but I had an idea for an effect revolving around the "Why do you look for the living among the dead?" verse.

It's basically the Dark Card principle used to vanish the Ace of Hearts. Why the Ace of Hearts, rather than the King? Well, the King is certainly appropos, but I feel that the Ace is better: the Ace is both high and low; higher than all the other cards *and* lower than the lowest card. Higher than all kings or queens, yet lower than the peasant. Also, the Ace is One. Representative of the fact, of course, that there is only one God.

I'm sure I could go on, but you can probably come up with other metaphors fitting the Ace yourself. Smile

My idea, which I haven't tried yet, btw, is to show the Ace of Hearts, possibly have it signed, and explain the symbolism. All the other cards in the packet are black, representing death and sin. The Ace goes in the packet, symbolizing Jesus's taking our sin and dying.

Then the cards are spread, to reveal that the Ace has vanished from the packet. "Why do you seek the living among the dead? He has risen."

What do you think?
ChrisG
View Profile
Elite user
Batavia, Ohio
448 Posts

Profile of ChrisG
SF9
This looks like the start of a good routine. Since Jesus was more than a King the Ace of Hearts seems a good choice.
The next verse Luke 24:6 "He is not here, but is risen, will work well with your production of the Ace.
Let us know the reactions you get when you try this out.
Keep up the good work.
ChrisG
"Consensus is the negation of Leadership"

M. Thatcher
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Belated Easter-related effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL