The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ JM Authentics- should I be worried? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
735 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Hi all,

I wonder if you can help. I found these marvellous looking close up surfaces at JM Authentics. They look really beautiful and seem to be made to an excellent standard.

https://jmauthentics.com

However, I ordered 6 or 7 weeks ago now and I haven't received anything. So I sent a follow up email just asking for an update, but I have had no response whatsoever.

I am asking here if anyone has any experience with this company, so that I can work out whether or not I should be worried about my order- I really hope I haven't lost a rather large sum of money.

I am more than willing to wait for something that is really well made but the silence is rather worrying, especially as the website says that all orders are completed within four weeks.

Thanks

Jonathan
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
JMAuthentics
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, UK
10 Posts

Profile of JMAuthentics
Hi Jonathan,

Iíve just checked your order and it hasnít yet been dispatched. Iím playing a game of catch up with orders at the moment. Unfortunately I canít see any email from you but I am having a lot of trouble with my webmail host currently.

Iím making up a batch of 12x8.5Ē pads this weekend of which your order is a part of so it will be with you shortly.

Apologies for the delay.
Jordan
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3342 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Ring the proud owner of 3 JM Authentics pads I can say that these will be worth the wait.

Mark
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
735 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Ahh thatís great news. It seemed to me from the website that there must be hundreds of happy customers out there.

Iím glad everything is ok and itíll be on itís way shortly. I was just worried because of the mix up with the email.

Thanks for getting back to me Jordan.

And Mark, thank you also; it helps to know that it is worth the wait!

Jonathan
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3342 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I have 3, one of which is a custom Harpacrown pad and they are all gorgeous and beautifully made.

Mark
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
Yeah, Jordan is the real deal. Iím also a proud owner of some lovely products from JM. (A hardback and a roll up)I saw on Facebook that heís in a crazy busy period, I guess due to the holiday period.

Definitely worth the wait, Jordan hand makes every single one, and the quality is second to none. Iím looking forward to ordering my next one; Iím thinking Iíll go for a massive one this time! 😛
Producer // PenguinMagic.com

My new book :: Astral Psychometry. Modern Mystical Mentalism.
Magic Cafe members get 20% off - Use code MAGICCAFE at checkout!

https://deechristopher.rocks/collections/dee-christopher-products/products/astral-psychometry
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of stookie31
Amazing service and pads, well worth the wait.
Jordan is is pretty much on his own as the standards he insists on are not met by any other.
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
735 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Two weeks later and still nothing.

No contact or update.

Over two months now.
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
735 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Does anybody have a phone number to contact JM authentics?

My bank has recommended I attempt contact for a final time.
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
magicianphiltay
View Profile
Regular user
Birmingham / UK
110 Posts

Profile of magicianphiltay
Second everything everyone has send on here - Well worth the wait.

I now have four !!
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
735 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
There is waiting.

Then there is no contact for three months except for the above- which is clearly not true.
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
dman11
View Profile
Elite user
PA
500 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Jan 17, 2018, Jon Hackett wrote:
There is waiting.

Then there is no contact for three months except for the above- which is clearly not true.


Exactly...This is really too bad as I wanted to order a couple pads. I can handle a wait, but I cant handle not knowing whats going on or how the long the wait will be - being ignored. I'd cancel the order and get a refund. If I cant get the professional courtesy of a reply - especially since you were clearly lied to on Dec 1st. I don't care how good the product may be, its just not how to do business or handle customers.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4077 Posts

Profile of videoman
I think that in general magicians tend to be far too forgiving with many of these one man shops who don't update or stay in contact with customers who have PAID good money.
Then the few customers who have actually received a product defend them by saying they are probably just "too busy".

NO ONE in business is too busy to answer a few emails. I highly doubt that any of these vendors are receiving hundreds (or even dozens) of emails a day from paying customers, and if they are then they need to hire extra help for bookkeeping and organization. It takes literally less than 5 minutes to write a quick follow up email and copy and paste it to a dozen waiting customers. If necessary, then you stay up 5 minutes later that night and get it done and do the right thing.

I would think that with an item like a close-up pad there is even less excuse because you would certainly have a pretty good idea how long each one will take to make so it's not difficult to figure out how many you can produce in a 40 hour week to gauge how long new orders will take to fulfill. It just amazes me how this "too busy" excuse is used to defend these guys time and time again. But even more amazing is how many are willing to accept this poor excuse.

I run my own small business and I could never disappear for 3 months and still expect to have any business left, much less a thriving one. So I agree with the others that there is simply no excuse for this lack of poor communication, not to mention outright lying.
magic11ryan
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of magic11ryan
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2018, videoman wrote:
I think that in general magicians tend to be far too forgiving with many of these one man shops who don't update or stay in contact with customers who have PAID good money.
Then the few customers who have actually received a product defend them by saying they are probably just "too busy".

NO ONE in business is too busy to answer a few emails. I highly doubt that any of these vendors are receiving hundreds (or even dozens) of emails a day from paying customers, and if they are then they need to hire extra help for bookkeeping and organization. It takes literally less than 5 minutes to write a quick follow up email and copy and paste it to a dozen waiting customers. If necessary, then you stay up 5 minutes later that night and get it done and do the right thing.

I would think that with an item like a close-up pad there is even less excuse because you would certainly have a pretty good idea how long each one will take to make so it's not difficult to figure out how many you can produce in a 40 hour week to gauge how long new orders will take to fulfill. It just amazes me how this "too busy" excuse is used to defend these guys time and time again. But even more amazing is how many are willing to accept this poor excuse.

I run my own small business and I could never disappear for 3 months and still expect to have any business left, much less a thriving one. So I agree with the others that there is simply no excuse for this lack of poor communication, not to mention outright lying.

cannot agree more
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of Tom G
And, there's always problems with email.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4591 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jan 17, 2018, Tom G wrote:
And, there's always problems with email.

This is true. That being said, ANYONE running a business should have several ways of contact listed for customers.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).






Smile Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4077 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jan 17, 2018, Tom G wrote:
And, there's always problems with email.


Yes, and donít forget those darn voicemails/answering machines which mysteriously only seem to lose, delete, or not record those messages from clients you really donít want to talk to and wish to avoid.
Thatís almost like magic in itself.

I assume youíre being facetious but if not, what problems are you always having with emails?
Because Iíve had almost zero in over 18 years.
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
735 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
It is a real shame because I was intending on buying three pads. One for a gift for Christmas. But it never turned up!

Now, I have seen that he has taken on another project selling Cutters Playing Cards at the same time as not answering any of my emails or messages.

I can't believe that anyone would be this relaxed with other peoples money!

From my experience, I would strongly recommend that you avoid this company and his affiliates. I am having a very difficult time getting my bank to reclaim the money which is not just a few pounds.

Be cautious.

Jonathan Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4929 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2018, Jon Hackett wrote:
It is a real shame because I was intending on buying three pads. One for a gift for Christmas. But it never turned up!

Now, I have seen that he has taken on another project selling Cutters Playing Cards at the same time as not answering any of my emails or messages.

I can't believe that anyone would be this relaxed with other peoples money!

From my experience, I would strongly recommend that you avoid this company and his affiliates. I am having a very difficult time getting my bank to reclaim the money which is not just a few pounds.

Be cautious.

Jonathan Hackett


Jon,
Sorry you had to go through this. I feel your pain. I personally will never buy anything from this company. I spend lots of money on magic. thans for the heads up. hopefully, you will get your product.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
17951 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Always pay through PayPal, always reclaim after 30days. Even if it's genuine, the seller would understand that the buyer has the right to protect their money.

Especially if they are having problems themselves.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ JM Authentics- should I be worried? (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL