The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » JM Authentics- should I be worried? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
PayPal now has a 180-day window to open a dispute so buyers who have not received their items have even longer protection.
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Very sage advice indeed. I almost always use Paypal. In fact, I thought I had this time but, alas, I used my debit card.

Touch wood this is the first time I have ever had a problem. Further, the only problem is that there is no communication and clearly other things are happening like the new Cutters playing card project, and so I would be willing to wait to receive my purchase albeit begrudgingly.

The claiming back process is certainly more complex with a debit card. It will be the first time I have met with my bank manager! It also involves a lot more legality.

Such a pain.

Jonathan Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Does anybody have a contact telephone number for JM authentic?

Or Jordan Murphy?

I have the address from his website but my bank can’t process a claim back without more contact details.

As Jordan Murphy is ignoring all emails, Facebook messages to both his company and private account there is nothing else I can do. I have been advised to contact the police and trading standards but for £55 that seems a little drastic. Also, as annoyed as I am to be screwed over and waiting without any contact for over four months I don’t want to do anymore damage than I have to.

So, as a reminder, avoid this company at all costs. And does any body have a contact number?

Thanks

Jonathan
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Finally I was able to get a refund.

If you make enough noise...
740park
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of 740park
Hi Jon, I make my first Order 19.07.2017 and many emails later shipping email 01.10.2017. I have not the Pad many emails later back my Money from PayPal. I gave him another change and made a new order 24.11.2017. But there was nothing left for this order. Not a single answered email. I have my Money back from Paypal 23.01.2018.
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
It’s a real shame.
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
235 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
Hi Jon,

Sorry to hear about your shameful experience.

Did you get the refund from JM or the credit card company?

I have a couple of his pads but did not buy directly from JM (purchased through Ellusionist and Propdog). I wanted to buy more but will definitely not after seeing this thread.

I have sent a few product inquiries to JM in the past, but I never receive a response. Seems like he doesn’t care.
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
I do like these style of pads with the hard backing covered in leather. I know there are US based people who make them as well. I wonder if we could talk the people over at Pattricks Mats into making some hard backed ones.
National First Vice President
The Society of American Magicians
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Oh boy... I just ordered one... I thought he had a good rep... yikes
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

And like others here I've sent emails and facebook messages with no response. I'm willing to wait I'd just like to know what the turnaround is. I don't get it. It looks like propdog has partnered with him, so it seems like he's making pads for them.
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Well it seems they ended their affiliation. Though prop dog still make similar mats and ha e a turn around about a week or less(I bought one).

I was only able to get through to him using his personal Facebook account. And it took four months.

Eventually I got my money back, but it involved my bank and threats and sending messages every week. If you used Paypal. I would claim it back through them ASAP.

If I can help more let me know.

Jonathan Hackett
Bonz
View Profile
Regular user
Twickenham, London, UK
168 Posts

Profile of Bonz
Hey Folks,

PropDog Henri Here,

Just a quick note about our relationship with JM Authentic’s; we have been long terms friends with JM and have offered various amounts of advice both in production and business over the years and last year we teamed up with him to produce the pads for him as he just didn’t have the time or facilities to make them.

Various things happened in this time and we decided it was better for JM to work alone, but we have done a licensing agreement with him and purchased the rights to produce any of the his range of pads.

This includes any custom size or shape of luxury hard back or roll up pad, either printed with your design or with any of our range of luxury suedes or velvets.

With our facilities here at PropDog we are able to turn around a fully custom printed pad in any size or shape in less than 5 working days. These are all produced to the same very high quality as JM’s previous ones and indeed we’ve even improved many of the processes due to the equipment and machinery available to us here in the PropDog workshop. We are also very lucky to have Melissa Snelling working for us as our master prop maker, Mel as she like’s to be called, is well known within her industry as having some of the highest standards in prop building, manufacture and especially important here, upholstering.

All pads now produced by PropDog are available on our website by searching "Hand Crafted by PropDog” or clicking here http://www.propdog.co.uk/index.php?route=product/search&search=hand%20crafted. W

We offer the full range of JM fabrics and prints as well as our own new prints and new variations of the pads, including pads made to accommodate VAPR smoke devices and Insight readers within the pad itself or with custom levels of padding for those who do more coin work. In fact if you can dream it, we can make it!

I hope this clarifies any confusion with seeing his products on our site, we will be making an official statement soon. But hopefully this brings you all up to speed for now!
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

JM did reach out to me. Thanks to whomever let him know.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Yeah this went nowhere. I had to papal dispute as he went radio silent again. My advice is to avoid business with this dude. I don't quite get it, as I know people personally that say they know Jordan and when mention they always say "Such a great guy." but then again isn't that how everyone feels about conmen?

Going to prop dog as soon as I get a refund
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
I’m sorry you had to go through this too.

I couldn’t agree more. Avoid!
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Jordan seems to have the time to delete mine, and other comments on facebook, but not the time to refund my money.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » JM Authentics- should I be worried? (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL