The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Is it ever too late to start? (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2018, Dynamike wrote:
Age is just a number. One thing that is important is your strength. If you do not mind lifting heavy objects no problem. If heavy weight lifting is an issue to you I recommend "packs small, plays big" props for you to work with.

I was a "week-end warrior" birthday party magician and clown for many years, and Dynamike is spot-on with this. I would make 3 trips back and forth to the car, and it would take 20 minutes to set the show. I was busy, but finally was beginning to wear out.

Today its one suitcase for the puppet and I work the show out of a busker's pouch. My back and legs/feet have thanked me tremendously.
vincentmusician
View Profile
New user
Toronto
87 Posts

Profile of vincentmusician
I have many different shows. However, I have a pack small plays big show I take to Libraries that have no parking.
The Librarian said, as I showed up, where is all your stuff? I said, right here in this bag.
I had the kids screaming and laughing for 46 minutes. I even had to cut one of my routines.
You do not need big props to do a good show. You need good routines and showmanship to do a good show.
You are the entertainer, not your props. Cheers!
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
346 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
It is never too late to start.

Go for it!
New old Stock
View Profile
New user
MO
11 Posts

Profile of New old Stock
This is a wonderful thread full of great information. I'm in my 50's and I really enjoyed reading it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Is it ever too late to start? (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL