The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Peter Sellers Busking (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6Fal0faBog

Unfortunately this film is rather difficult to get hold of in the UK. Something about "pc" rules of not encouraging homeless street entertainers befriending young children
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
More! This time performing magic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-f1B1vs7Og
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
642 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
I watched this movie on TV in the 80's (wasn't "street" performing then) with one of my daughters.
I thought it was a very cute, insightful movie. Tried several times to find the video without luck.
This posting refreshed my memory and search, I found it on Amazon, it arrived yesterday and is now under
the tree. I'm sure Ling-Ling and I will enjoy it! thanks Keeblem for posting!
Nala
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
642 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
Video arrived, excellent condition a d quality! for a re-copy of a 43 year old movie.
Won't appeal to everyone, but I enjoyed it on TV in the '80's.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2017, keeblem wrote:
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6Fal0faBog

Unfortunately this film is rather difficult to get hold of in the UK. Something about "pc" rules of not encouraging homeless street entertainers befriending young children

Paul McCartney did a film called "Give My Regards to Broad Street," quick story, Paul falls asleep in his limo and dreams that a runner named Harry is missing with the master tape of his new album. Yep, that's it. It turns out Paul's manager borrowed money from questionable people and if the tape isn't found by midnight, the lenders will own McCartney's entire business. As midnight approaches, Paul is beginning to believe he's going to lose everything and fantasies about having to busk on the street;

"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I should have pointed out that whereas the people giving Paul tips ARE in fact paid extras, Paul didn't set this up in any way. He had a hidden camera and just went out and started playing "Yesterday."
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
642 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
Nice Ed
thank you .... I sort of missed it the first time, too early in the morning I guess.
Nala
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2018, ed rhodes wrote:
I should have pointed out that whereas the people giving Paul tips ARE in fact paid extras, Paul didn't set this up in any way. He had a hidden camera and just went out and started playing "Yesterday."

Great stuff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Peter Sellers Busking (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL