The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Offworld by JP Vallarino (40 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Tring UK
317 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Surly for the price paid your going to get a fully made up deck ??????
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Regular user
Colorado Springs, Colorado
187 Posts

Profile of WolfgangStiller
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
I actually prefer doing OOTW face down as once you have a got a few right in this face up version it’s obvious where it is going you have proved you can do it and yet you continue to repeatedly do the same . When face down you turn the whole lot over and they are all correct it’s a far greater wow factor and is stronger in my opinion Tarik 🙂

I agree. It's more effective face down and it's consistent with how I do my other OOTW effects.
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 13, 2017, AceFace wrote:
Surly for the price paid your going to get a fully made up deck ??????

I was under the impression you got everything you need. Perhaps you have to "assemble" the deck (merge the cards) which would be fine.
Tarik Flash
View Profile
Inner circle
2465 Posts

Profile of Tarik Flash
You are probably right Pegasus if the handling looks consistent throughout and you don’t keep having to change too much when revealing Red or Black . Also if the deck doesn't come apart incorrectly like R and S tends to do from time to time if not applied perfectly and is used a lot . Does look great I must admit but then again Greg Wilson makes everything look fantastic Tarik 🙂
Tarik Flash
View Profile
Inner circle
2465 Posts

Profile of Tarik Flash
I am still awaiting Cosmos 3.0 but Greg Rostami has gone quiet on this possibly as he may have known about this release so he maybe getting this one out of the way first Tarik 🙂
FilmMagician
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of FilmMagician
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2017, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2017, FilmMagician wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2017, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2017, FilmMagician wrote:
I've been trying to work on this exact same effect with b****m deals and s****d deals with no luck, thought I almost cracked it with same principle as invisible deck, I guess I have to buy this now. Wondering how many predictions you can do in a row before a re-set, and if anything at all is examinable?

I repeat, NO RESET.

Well that's awesome. If it's what I think it is, it's technically examinable. Might pull the trigger on a pre-order before hearing what people say. Love how it plays visually.

No, not the deck, but a single card, per se. That's all I meant.

What do you mean by Technically Examinable? You wouldn’t want to hand the deck out, but why would you? The performance will confirm to the audience that it’s a normal deck.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1722 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Just to clear up some confusion.
Offworld comes with a fully working deck right out of the box.

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Tarik Flash
View Profile
Inner circle
2465 Posts

Profile of Tarik Flash
Hi Titanas thanks for chiming in here that’s good to know 🙂 . Does it also give purchasers details on how to re apply the necessary in the correct places as the deck wears ? Best wishes Tarik 🙂
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1722 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Dear Tarik,
Yes, the instructions have a very clear repairing section.
I also notice a small mistake I did in my previous post.
I said "right out of the box"
The deck is supplied but it still needs a very small assembly of about 2 minutes, we did that because during this time you might want to add another great option on the deck.
Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Tarik Flash
View Profile
Inner circle
2465 Posts

Profile of Tarik Flash
Thanks Titanas best wishes Tarik 🙂
Labracabrador
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Labracabrador
So a few questions about the deck:
1) Can I freely shuffle the deck before the trick is performed?
2) And how much of the deck is spectator allowed to examine, if anything at all?
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1153 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2017, Labracabrador wrote:
2) And how much of the deck is spectator allowed to examine, if anything at all?

I wouldn’t think either of these would be recommended
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
1654 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
@Labracabrador

shuffle? no, but I suppose you could give it several cuts - although the routining is scripted so that it's not needed. Remember, it's OOTW which means it's about the spectator's ability to guess RED or BLACK, it's on THEM, so deck order really doesn't matter

Examine? I don't do it like Gregory Wilson does in the teaching, he spreads through the cards, but I find that .... not to my liking. So I spring the cards twice allowing them to "glimpse" every card as it's falling.

Just a side note, I've had 2 other gimmicked OOTW decks, and I've let them go... THIS I AM KEEPING! Aside from my Impromptu OOTW that I do (Dowdan) THIS IS MY FAVORITE
New Magic / Playing Card Reviews EACH WEDNESDAY
Youtube @MagicOrthodoxy
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

The one drawback this has is that unlike the traditional OOTW where you show one card, then another, then several and a whole block of cards correct, it doesn't really have a good climax. It's still much cleaner and more direct than other version so I really like that but I'm thinking about how to give it a climax. I am thinking of starting with this and then moving to a larger reveal. I am playing with how to routine that.
thomasP
View Profile
New user
France
57 Posts

Profile of thomasP
Don't you think that the classic OOTW is too famous? People know it...
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 14, 2017, thomasP wrote:
Don't you think that the classic OOTW is too famous? People know it...

Magicians certainly know it but I don't think the general public does and I have fooled magicians with my variation on it (although it basically uses the originally Paul Curry principal).
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
6526 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2017, Labracabrador wrote:

1) Why?
2) Why?
Rocky
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of Rocky
[quote]On Dec 14, 2017, thomasP wrote:
Don't you think that the classic OOTW is too famous? People know it... [/

I perform the linking rings at every gig...despite the fellers at the magic club telling me that lay audiences are bored with it. Magicians are bored with it. 99% of the public has never seen them...simply because 99% of most magicians NEVR perform for the public, yet think they know how the pubic will react to magic.
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

[quote]On Dec 14, 2017, Rocky wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2017, thomasP wrote:
Don't you think that the classic OOTW is too famous? People know it... [/

I perform the linking rings at every gig...despite the fellers at the magic club telling me that lay audiences are bored with it. Magicians are bored with it. 99% of the public has never seen them...simply because 99% of most magicians NEVR perform for the public, yet think they know how the pubic will react to magic.

Agree--totally!
rasp
View Profile
Special user
978 Posts

Profile of rasp
Rocky, just curious as to how you worked out that percentage.......... or did you just pluck one off the top of your head?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Offworld by JP Vallarino (40 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL