The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubik's Dream 360 by Henry Harrius (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..13~14~15 [Next]
Henryharrius
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Henryharrius
Hi Guys,

This is Henry and thank you SO MUCH for your interests in RD360. I'm here and I will try my best to answer questions!

I think the top concern would be “do you need to know how to solve a cube”. I would say around 30-40% of the routines in the tutorial doesn’t require you to know how to solve a cube.

BUT if you are serious about cube magic and want to achieve more advanced cube tricks, you will eventually need to solve one (no matter its RD or other cube products). Here’s the good news, no worries! In the tutorial and in RD facebook group I recommended a very good app called “cube snap”. You could just take a picture of every side, and it will teach you the solution to solve it within 20 steps. Very easy to use.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
Henry Harrius
MagicDamo
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of MagicDamo
Hi everyone, I am looking to buy the original Rubik's Dream but now I am wondering whether I should buy the new 360 version instead. Would you recommend getting both or just the 360 version? The reason I ask is that I don't want to buy the original if most of the routines are achievable with the 360 version or does owning both provide a wider range of routines without much duplication?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Hi Henry I have ordered 360 from vanishing ink 🙂 Do I need to buy an additional 57mm cube from them to do all the effects from both Rubik’s dream and 360 ? Also can you send me other links to the exact extra normal cube I would need just incase vanishing inc don’t have any in stock . Best wishes Tarik 🙂
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
3874 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2018, Tarik Flash wrote:
Hi Henry I have ordered 360 from vanishing ink 🙂 Do I need to buy an additional 57mm cube from them to do all the effects from both Rubik’s dream and 360 ? Also can you send me other links to the exact extra normal cube I would need just incase vanishing inc don’t have any in stock . Best wishes Tarik 🙂

Wouldn't it be better to PM?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Ok good idea I will Tarik 🙂
Henryharrius
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Henryharrius
RD is great for its simplicity. It is very direct and easy to do. It is a full set, including everything you need.

RD360 is great for its deceptiveness. Because If you think about it, you can show all 6 sides clearly and the cube can twist... There is no way that can go to the solution of a "shell". It requires slightly more practice than RD. But once you get it down, you can perform something very fooling. Yes, there are some routines you can do with both RD and RD360. But there is also something only RD360 can do. E.g.: the one-handed blindfold solve and the UPS... where you have several spectators mixes the cube, you placed inside the bag, let them keep it. And finally they reach it out and it's solved. RD360 is not a full set. So if you wish to explore more you will need to get extra RD cubes from VI. So I see RD360 as a very special additional prop.

There is also something that only RD can do, e.g.: Cube to Chocolate. Just an example. So to me, they are like expanded shell and flipper coin. They both can do coins across, but there is also something unique about themselves!

I of course recommend owning both 🙂 but that would depend on your needs. Hope it helps!
Henryharrius
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Henryharrius
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2018, Tarik Flash wrote:

Hi Tarik,

You can perform around 20-30% of the routine with one cube inside the tutorial. But if you wish to perform some with two cubes you will need to get it from VI. Extra RD cubes will be available at VI and they will definitely have stocks.... because I gave them a lot Smile News about RD Cubes will be anounced very soon!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks Henry the whole project sounds awesome , happy new year Tarik 🙂
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
3874 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2018, Tarik Flash wrote:
RD360 is the answer based on Alex and 3 other more favourable on the 360 side on magicians I know who have them both . The locking mechanism I believe sways it but both are great Tarik 🙂

You may be right but hard to say. Not sure how 3 people you know already have both.
The slightly thinner shell of Easy Cube could be considered an advantage (think Lassen vs. Tango) and you couldn't modify the 360 to match.
Whereas I believe you could easily add the locking system from 360 into the Easy Cube.
But having said that I'm sure that both are great as Alex has said.
Considering the price difference and the fact that 360 has a lot of followers from the original RD, it will likely be the biggest seller, although for strictly selfish reasons I would hope that neither sell very many. Smile
VoltesGX31
View Profile
New user
New York
4 Posts

Profile of VoltesGX31
Hi. I have Rubicon 1.0, RD and RD360, and Perfect Square (PS). I did not get Easy Cube just yet.

The Rubicon cubes fit in the RD360 gimmick nicely, and the locking feature of RD360 still works.
The RD cube is a bit more snug in my Rubicon 1.0 gimmick, but it still fits and works.
The Rubicon cubes and RD cubes fit in the PS gimmick too.

The cube matching display of RD360 is the best. The cube matching display of Rubicon is very good too - clever and clean looking. For me, the cube matching display for Perfect Square is incongruent and therefore a bit more suspect.

The PS gimmick could have done what RD360 did with its gimmick, but PS uses tako instead.
If I could get hold of some more tako, I would use them to augment my RD gimmick.

As a cube switching utilty, Rubicon and PS are designed to done out in the open.
The switches using the RD (non-mini) and RD360 are done in a bag. It is not a bad thing, it is just different. It also reduces the heat (if any) during the actual switch.

Stickerless is a very nice and unique routine that comes with both RD and RD360. The handlings are necessarily different, and IMHO, the RD360 version is even better.
You cannot do this routine with either Rubicon or PS.

Out of all the recent gimmicked cubes, I think Magikub is the least flexible.
To achieve a similar effect to Magikub without using a gimmicked cube, just learn the Akira Solve already included with RD360.
For toss solves, see Rubikulous by Jack Carpenter and/or Cube 3 By Steven Brundage.
See CubeFX for further inspiration - like how to leverage an Enchanted Cube.

Btw, this app shows you how to solve a 3x3 cube in about 20 moves (similar to Cube Snap)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rubix-cu......951?mt=8
travisb
View Profile
Elite user
Vancouver, BC
498 Posts

Profile of travisb
Tako?

Travis
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5487 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
@ VoltesGX31: Thank you so much for a very good, educative and useful comparison between the various cubes using a sh**l gimmick.

Smile
P.S. I am still waiting for my RD-360 to ship. No info till date.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5487 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2018, travisb wrote:

Tako?

Tako - It's a Micro Suction Tape.

Use and application of micro-suction tape - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o72gpqsqVGQ

IMO a very useful item.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
avimag51
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of avimag51
Hello

i read all this thread but cant see an answer .
i don't have RD .
is it better to bye RD 360 alone , or it's only an addition to the RD ?
are all the tricks explained in RD can be done with 360 without having RD or without buying any additional props ? ( I'm not ask about the mini cubes, only the regular one )
avimag51
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of avimag51
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2018, avimag51 wrote:
Hello

i read all this thread but cant see an answer .
i don't have RD .
is it better to buy RD 360 alone , or it's only an addition to the RD ?
are all the tricks explained in RD can be done with 360 without having RD or without buying any additional props ? ( I'm not ask about the mini cubes, only the regular one )
Henryharrius
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Henryharrius
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2018, Henryharrius wrote:
RD is great for its simplicity. It is very direct and easy to do. It is a full set, including everything you need.

RD360 is great for its deceptiveness. Because If you think about it, you can show all 6 sides clearly and the cube can twist... There is no way that can go to the solution of a "shell". It requires slightly more practice than RD. But once you get it down, you can perform something very fooling. Yes, there are some routines you can do with both RD and RD360. But there is also something only RD360 can do. E.g.: the one-handed blindfold solve and the UPS... where you have several spectators mixes the cube, you placed inside the bag, let them keep it. And finally they reach it out and it's solved. RD360 is not a full set. So if you wish to explore more you will need to get extra RD cubes from VI. So I see RD360 as a very special additional prop.

There is also something that only RD can do, e.g.: Cube to Chocolate. Just an example. So to me, they are like expanded shell and flipper coin. They both can do coins across, but there is also something unique about themselves!

I of course recommend owning both 🙂 but that would depend on your needs. Hope it helps!

This is my reply, take a look Smile
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1547 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2018, Henryharrius wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2018, Henryharrius wrote:

This is my reply, take a look Smile

Expanded shell and flipper coin of cube magic is the greatest answer I came across when people keep asking the difference of these two great tools. Well said!
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

http://rubiksdream.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
JosephKerr
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
371 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
I love this so much. The tutorials for both this and Rubik's Dream have some really great routines.
The other reviews have said all that needs to be said about what a perfect product this is.
The only issue is that you're going to want a second one of each to give you the options of having
both a solved and a stacked cube. Vanishing Inc. has a good discount on getting a second RD [ and
hopefully maybe they'll do it for the 360 one day as well.

I've got 20 years in magic now and it's been incredibly exciting to see how quickly cubing magic
has evolved into it's own discipline. I'm so grateful to Henry for producing this utility and to all
of the contributors who are advancing our art for the sake of our audiences.
"Challenge Your Reality"
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Have received mine now and I must say that it’s absolutely incredible . The gimmick is pure genius as are the routines and tutorial . This is literally what real magic would look like 10/10 Tarik 🙂 ps I would recommend buying a second standard RD cube from vanishing inc so you can do some of the added routines
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1267 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Pulled the trigger on this yesterday (ship day)
after the last review, and of course I get an email today from VM saying "shipment delayed."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubik's Dream 360 by Henry Harrius (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL