The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubik's Dream 360 by Henry Harrius (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..13~14~15 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
3930 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2017, XaviumLord wrote:
If there's one thing giving me anxiety, it's thinking about applying those stickers once this releases.

It is not that difficult. The key is to use a toothpick or small tweezers to apply them, and a plastic razor blade helps in removing them quickly if necessary.

They do not have to be spot on perfect. In fact, some performers actually prefer to place them ever so slightly askew as it can create an optical illusion that the shell is twisted a very tiny bit which creates some "motion" to the static shell. Obviously this lends itself more to the standard RD than the 360 version.

At first I was being a a perfectionist when applying the stickers until I noticed the stickers on the factory supplied cubes are not perfect either but I had never noticed that. So goes to show you that no one will notice if they are off just a hair and it is easy to get them close enough.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5485 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Comparing the stickers made available by Rubik's Dream 360 and Easy Cube.

With easy Cube, the stickers can be quickly and easily applied in one go on the whole face (on all 9 pieces) of the cube in SOLVED condition - It's a DREAM. Whereas in Rubik's Dream 360 each sticker need to be painstakingly applied individually one piece at a time - It's a NIGHTMARE (as termed by the creator). However the same applies for Essay Cube if one needs to prepare a mixed cube.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11895 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Akira solve looks really good on demos....that one effect alone may make it worth it for the working pro... Smile
montanna40
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of montanna40
I have purchased Rubik 360. And awaiting delivery
But have the download for Akira Solve. It is incredible. Currently perfecting that.
But that addition in my humble makes it a much more complete package. For that could be sold on its own. It’s that good
My routine for cubes has just gone up another level
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2518 Posts

Profile of tophatter
This model 360 the small cube isn't included ,can you use any small cube to perform the cube shrink ? or do you need the special small cube (Not supplied)
Thanks,
Jeffrey
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Yes any small cube you have will work.
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11895 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, montanna40 wrote:
I have purchased Rubik 360. And awaiting delivery
But have the download for Akira Solve. It is incredible. Currently perfecting that.
But that addition in my humble makes it a much more complete package. For that could be sold on its own. It’s that good
My routine for cubes has just gone up another level

This is so good to hear....nice to see you have something you can work on with cubes prior to delivery.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
3930 Posts

Profile of videoman
Not sure, but aren't there similar things to Akira solve previously released?
Seems like Jack Carpenter's Ridunkulous (sp?) very similar and maybe one or two others as well?
Not claiming any of them are better than the other as I don't know. Just curious.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5485 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, videoman wrote:

Seems like Jack Carpenter's Ridunkulous (sp?) very similar and maybe one or two others as well?
Not claiming any of them are better than the other as I don't know. Just curious.

Yes, Akira's 'Akira Solve' and Jack Carpenter's 'Rubikulous' are two very identical instant cube solve effects. However on the video I find Akira's teaching much better.

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
JosephKerr
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
372 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
The changes are very similar. Jack Carpenter goes into a lot of detail but as Ustaad mentions
the Akira Solve teaching seems easier to follow.
"Challenge Your Reality"
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2518 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Thanks for your response Randyburtis .
mickey.w
View Profile
Veteran user
HK
310 Posts

Profile of mickey.w
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, videoman wrote:

Yes, Akira's 'Akira Solve' and Jack Carpenter's 'Rubikulous' are two very identical instant cube solve effects. However on the video I find Akira's teaching much better.

Smile

Where can I see a demo video of Jack Carpenter's Ridunkulous?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
3930 Posts

Profile of videoman
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
117 Posts

Profile of kevg
The Akira solve is a different technique and different display so I wouldn't say they were identical. The Akira solve is done without a shake or toss etc and is a two handed solve which is also faster. Jack's Rubickulous solve uses Takamitsu's one hand technique but Jack has thought of a way to cut out one move and display before doing the solve which makes it fast, but you do need to hold with two hands for the display before you do the solve one handed. So in my mind totally different but both credit worthy.
----------
Cube Cards // Cube Cards Remixed // Magigotchi // Cube Cards 1221 // Recubed // Pixelated
----------
www.magicwedding.co.uk
www.mindgamemagic.co.uk
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5485 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Rubikulous by Jack Carpenter - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsOUeZfsCWQ

Smile
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2518 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Thanks for the link Ustadd that is a regular cube Non gimmicked ? Wow Do you know If the explanation is complicated for someone like myself that has NO knowledge of solving a cube ?
Thanks,
Jeffrey
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Regular cube is used.
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
If you memorize the pattern you can do it. The only problem comes if a mistake happens. Then you need an out. Having Rubik dream in your "back pocket " can be used to salvage the routine if an error happens
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
117 Posts

Profile of kevg
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2017, tophatter wrote:
Thanks for the link Ustadd that is a regular cube Non gimmicked ? Wow Do you know If the explanation is complicated for someone like myself that has NO knowledge of solving a cube ?
Thanks,
Jeffrey

Regular 'speed' cube yes. This is easy to do, but I do wish some of the explanations were done from a solved state as they can be a little difficult to follow/figure out which would be particularly irritating if you can't solve a cube as you will likely mess up when practising
----------
Cube Cards // Cube Cards Remixed // Magigotchi // Cube Cards 1221 // Recubed // Pixelated
----------
www.magicwedding.co.uk
www.mindgamemagic.co.uk
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
3930 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2017, tophatter wrote:
Thanks,
Jeffrey

Jeffrey, I see many posts from you asking if you need to be able to solve the cube for certain cube effects. The honest answer is YES, you do.
For almost any of the recent cube effects and routines, you’re just going to have to accept this fact.

But the good news is that it’s not that difficult to do. You don’t have to become a speed solver or memorize anything. You can use a cheat sheet, or even an app to solve it. Heck, you can take it apart and reassemble it. But I can guarantee that in the beginning of learning any of these effects you absolutely will make a mistake and need to get back to square one and start over. But after you get the routine down you will rarely if ever need to solve a cube.

My point here is that don’t let not being able to solve a cube keep you from doing these effects if you have a desire to. You can learn to solve it well enough in a very short time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rubik's Dream 360 by Henry Harrius (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL