The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mental Dice by Marc Antoine (178 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..24~25~26 [Next]
only4card
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of only4card
My friend perform 4 days a week , mental dice run out of battery about 3 months. So I will wait until there is a rechargeable version.
Paul Forster
View Profile
Regular user
Harrogate
179 Posts

Profile of Paul Forster
What so the dice only last three months?
Paranormal Entertainer
www.paulforster.co.uk

Proud member of PSYCRETS - British Society of Mystery Entertainers

Member of the Harrogate Society of Magicians
www.harrogatesocietyofmagicians.com
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2018, only4card wrote:

My friend perform 4 days a week , mental dice run out of battery about 3 months. So I will wait until there is a rechargeable version.

Just because of this reason I put my purchase on hold. If other creators could bring out a rechargeable Dice why can't Marc Antoine?

I will wait for a rechargeable version. I am sure once such a dice is produced, I see no reason as to why Mental Dice won't be one of the top-runners.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:

So it cost your friend $8.85 a show to perform this effect. If he's getting professional money, how big a deal is this, really?
Paul Forster
View Profile
Regular user
Harrogate
179 Posts

Profile of Paul Forster
So I'm charging the unit but it is unclear if it should be turned on whilst it's charging. I had it charging for a while and a little red light was flashing constantly. Then I switched the button and had a constant light as it shows in the video. Just shame the video isn't very clear!! Anyone help?
Paranormal Entertainer
www.paulforster.co.uk

Robert Houdin 78
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Robert Houdin 78
Quote:

Mental Dice includes a 2 years warranty. On everything. So if this story is true, tell your friend that Marc-Antoine will replace his dice for free.

R.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Hi Paul

Please watch the video again you will see the unit is on when charging (the green line is showing before it is plugged in) and the light is solid red when plugged in.

If the unit is off it will flash which is not as instructed and no green line will be showing.

After a few hours it turns from red to green to show it is fully charged.

If you are unsure about anything please give us a call as that is what the dealer you purchased from is there for.

I aslo uploaded a supplementary video you can access from the item page with some extra information you may find useful if you have not watched it yet.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2018, Robert Houdin 78 wrote:
Quote:

Mental Dice includes a 2 years warranty. On everything. So if this story is true, tell your friend that Marc-Antoine will replace his dice for free.

R.

At 10 minutes per performance (an average), 4 performances per week = 40 minutes, give or take. Times 12 weeks = 6 hours of performance before it goes dead. Unless your friend is performing multiple times per day, Robert Houdin. Can you tell us that, because I find that number (of hours) hard to believe. Thanks.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Yes and it has been quoted here that beyond the warranty period the dice will be replaced for $40.

I certainly do not perform four nights a week with this but my original dice now a year and a half old still show full charge.

There are more expensive options now available with rechargeable dice so everyone it would seem has options based on your budget and amount you perform.

Paul, just looked at the explanation video again and the receiver is on while charging.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Sorry I see that Mark posted on the receiver charging question as I was writing my post... at least our answers were the same Smile
Paul Forster
View Profile
Regular user
Harrogate
179 Posts

Profile of Paul Forster
Well I'm sending mine back! Just opened the box to look at the dice and the white wine ins chipped! I've not even used it. If it can't survive the postal service how is it going to last during a gig? Not happy!!
Paranormal Entertainer
www.paulforster.co.uk

j2bgrt
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of j2bgrt
Dear Paul,
I don't know how good your postal carrier is, but me and my girlfriend consistently, get mail from someone from another area in town. I am on facebook
and considering sending a customer something a little high priced and I told him I was putting insurance on it and sending through UPS. I know that they
they are a pain in the butt sending the item to someone's door, but it always makes it. Unlike our postal system. So,I guess in short, get insurance on
before you send it back and also UPS, unless you have excellent mail carriers. We don't....
j2bgrt
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of j2bgrt
Sorry Paul, I am an idiot. I just realized your in the UK. Should have noticed that before, but unfortunately, I didn't. But the same still goes with what I said. Have ordered from Tony Curtis over there across the pond with no issues. I have lived actually in Scotland and Ireland, never made it down to England, but wanted to while I was there. Would think London would be too big for me..lol Sorry again Paul, but I thought you were here in the states/yank. Best Thoughts, Jon W.
magicday
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of magicday
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2018, Paul Forster wrote:
So I'm charging the unit but it is unclear if it should be turned on whilst it's charging. I had it charging for a while and a little red light was flashing constantly. Then I switched the button and had a constant light as it shows in the video. Just shame the video isn't very clear!! Anyone help?

Paul, some said they are waiting for a rechargeable version to order . And you said you are charging the Mental dice.
Anyone can let me know whether Metal Dice can be recharge or not ?
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
He is referring to the receiver which is rechargeable.

It should be noted that even rechargeable dice will not recharge for ever; the number of times a battery can be recharged quoted on Google ranges from 250-800 times.

I don't know but do those that offer rechargeable dice offer an exchange programme when the batteries die and if so how much is that.

It appears to me this version is cost effective in the long term due to its low price point. You could almost afford to throw the whole thing away and buy another if you have used it in hundreds of shows over 2 years but you don't have to do that its just $40 per dice, that is very cheap.

Some customers have said this is in expensive item, it is not in relation to the cost of others in the market (it is actually very cheap), but yes it is expensive compared to your average card trick etc.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Just some feedback for you guys.

I used Mental Dice from 3pm - 7pm yesterday at a wedding, the receiver was still going strong even after this length of time so I'm confident it will hold its charge for quite some time.

I also contacted Marc about battery life and his answer was quite surprising.

Normally when something is switched on it uses power constantly but these dice don't.

He says in the instructions to ensure the dice are always turned off when the box is off or it will run the battery down. That did not quite make sense until he explained.

When connected to the receiver the dice are put to sleep and wake up when moved, the box also goes to sleep as well which I noticed yesterday, with these features it means the power is not being drained unnecessarily.

This explains why the dice battery can last so long.

If you don't turn off the dice and the box is off the dice will be constantly transmitting and run down the battery as they look for the receiver.

I hope I explained this clear enough, its a very clever feature built into this item.

If anyone runs down their dice in a few months Marc knows they have not turned off the dice properly, this is the most important thing to do with this item to ensure happy use over a long period of time.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

YesManQ8
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of YesManQ8
Wish the receiver was smaller and had vibration feedback.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Receiver components themselves are actually quite small. They are disguised in a card box but certainly do not fill it. As has been discussed before using vibration to track the value and color of three dice would be very difficult.

Mark, how did the dice go over? Coming up with any favorite bits yet. I have a loose routine I use but really like jazzing with them and improvising a bit. Knowing color and values allows for a bit of fun cold reading as well.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
This weekend has been my first performance outing with these, I combined the dice with Out of the Blue.

First of all I had the dice in the pouch supplied and gave them to someone who could see there were 3 dice different colours inside. I asked them to take one out but not to show anyone and then put the bag to one side with the others in.

They then put the chosen dice in a small pot / shaker and shook it and peeked in at the number, they shook it a few more times to reify the number was not always the same. One final time they put the shaker face down on the table hiding the dice so even they did not know what the number was and they are then only one that knows the colour chosen.

I then had the number generated with Out of the Blue and had the prediction in the envelope in my wallet.

I talk about time travel, space and time a lot in my routines and I said it was easy really I just had to travel back in time once they had settled on a number and then travel back with the correct envelope.

Not believing me I say its true, remember the dice you chose, only you know the colour and no one knows the value rolled but `I time travelled and know you chose red and rolled 3.

After all this some people still don't believe so I brought some extra evidence and I bring out a block of ice with the signed card inside (Ultimate Re-maxed Iceolation) from and earlier routine to finish.

The whole thing went down really well and slotted in well with my existing routine, I had the display in my top pocket and I had plenty of time to see it when I kept my back turned as they chose the dice and while taking out the Out of Blue cards from my top pocket and putting them back.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Sounds great Mark! Thanks for sharing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mental Dice by Marc Antoine (178 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..24~25~26 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL