The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mental Dice by Marc Antoine (178 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..24~25~26 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Yep - works now. Just checked.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
thomasP
View Profile
Regular user
France
138 Posts

Profile of thomasP
Dear all,
I heard there is facebook group for the users.
Could someone post the link for it , please.
I am a serious user.
Thanks,
vsha2
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of vsha2
Does anyone here have any ideas on where to place the box to peek the number? I know marc recommends the top pocket, but I'm worried after 2 or so peeks it might seem a bit obvious?

Any tips on this?
Any alternative locations?
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
I am waiting for the rechargeable dice version. If other creators could bring out a rechargeable Dice why can't Marc Antoine? I am sure once such a dice is produced, I see no reason as to why Mental Dice won't be one of the top-runners.

Marc Antoine, are you listening please?

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Kaarlo von Freymann
View Profile
Loyal user
Finland
203 Posts

Profile of Kaarlo von Freymann
Dear Ustaad,

Quote,
The switching 'ON' and switching 'OFF' of the dice has a set procedure which MUST be strictly followed, ....This I find to be a bit of an hassle. I wish the Dice were rechargeable thus eliminating the hassle of returning the Dice to the producer for replacement with fresh batteries. .... But other than that, I find Mental Dice to be very well made and is much more than its asking price.

I always check your opinion before buying anything. The above was positive enough to make me buy. But everything you write is as always 100 % to the point. On-Off is a hassle especially as you have to remember the timing is critical for one operation. The capacity of the display battery could have been 3 times what it is. There is ample space. But even as is I have so far not had any problems. But it is a well known fact that capacity goes down with every cycle and the bright display is of a high drain type. The dice are as "normal looking" as any. javascript:emoticon(':die:') but it is too early to make a final judgement..
Kaarlo von Freymann - Helsinki- Finland
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I have my original set now two years old and still showing full power on the batteries... So far so good Smile
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Is the company still running as it appears to be out of stock and when I looked on the Alakazam site which used to have quite a bit of info on this item it appears to have disappeared.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
We are expecting more into stock in the next week.

They have been shipped or are about to be shipped to us.

The delay has been due to a change of supplier/ manufacturer, Marc was making these himself and it was taking him too long.

He has now found a company that can make them so supply should be back to normal very soon.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Dear Sir Kaarlo Von Freymann,

Thank you so much for the kind words and also for showing your trust and faith in my writings.

I have been requesting and waiting for Marc Antoine to bring out Mental Dice - II with a builtin wireless rechargeable battery for the Dice. Hope my request don't fall on deaf ears. Smile

Take care Sir!

With utmost regards,

Narendra
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2018, Ustaad wrote:
Dear Sir Kaarlo Von Freymann,

Thank you so much for the kind words and also for showing your trust and faith in my writings.

I have been requesting and waiting for Marc Antoine to bring out Mental Dice - II with a builtin wireless rechargeable battery for the Dice. Hope my request don't fall on deaf ears. Smile

Take care Sir!

With utmost regards,

Narendra

Marc Antoine did quite a few researchs with his ingeneer, they found out that the lithium battery in the dices will last longer than rechargeable battery, so it's highly improbable that they will manufacture a rechargeable version.
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
That's a shame regards the rechargeable batteries especially as his product seemed to vanish for a while which doesn't give the consumer much confidence with regards to replacement dice.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
People seem to think that rechargeable batteries last for ever they don't, just Google it and it will say 500 - 1000 charges before they die.

Take your phone battery for example, I've never had one last more than 3 years.

I explained above why the item has not been around for a while, he was finding a supplier to take on the manufacturing because ehe could not keep up with the orders himself.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Hi Alex,

Thank you so much for the update regarding the the rechargeable batteries.

My question is, if other creators could bring out a rechargeable Dice why can't Marc Antoine? I am sure once such a dice is produced, I see no reason as to why Mental Dice won't be one of the top-runners in the field of dice magic.

Also it is not the question whether one kind of battery will last longer than the other [i.e. Lithium battery V/S a Lithium-Ion (rechargeable battery)], it's a question pertaining to replacement of the Die or set of Dice, once the battery has drained. IMO, I see it as an hassle sending the Die/Dice back for replacement. And hence my request for a rechargeable version of Dice.

Hope the above makes sense.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Narendra

Smile
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
If a dice had a rechargeable battery what do you do when it dies after around 500-1000 charges?

You have to send it back to the supplier to replace which is basically the same thing with these dice.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
@Mark Traversoni: One cannot grantee the life of any battery. Batteries have been known to be very moody. Smile However let's THEORETICALLY assume that a rechargeable battery takes on an average charge/discharge cycle of 700. That means if the battery needs to be recharged say once every 3 days (this is on the very higher side) it will last for 2100 days. Which is almost 2.5 times that of a nonchargeable battery. Which, IMO is a pretty good life span for a Dice. Smile

Do you agree with the above Smile - NO Smile OK, never-mind. Smile

Smile
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I agree but I think the life will in theory be around the same, as rechargeable batteries get older they need charing more often as they loose capacity over time and as you said they can be "moody" and fail well before then.

Normal batteries however are more reliable and with a power meter on these you can always see if they are going flat well ahead of time.

The disadvantage with these is you must turn them off, with rechargeable if you don't turn them off you can just charge them back up.

The great thing about these dice is the price and I guess had they been rechargeable there is no way you would get what you are for the price.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2018, Saturn UK wrote:

I agree but I think the life will in theory be around the same, as rechargeable batteries get older they need charing more often as they loose capacity over time and as you said they can be "moody" and fail well before then.

Normal batteries however are more reliable and with a power meter on these you can always see if they are going flat well ahead of time.

The disadvantage with these is you must turn them off, with rechargeable if you don't turn them off you can just charge them back up.

The great thing about these dice is the price and I guess had they been rechargeable there is no way you would get what you are for the price.

YES, exactly! And I fully agree with you on the above Mark. Very good reasoning and logic.

So the best solution to the problem would be (IMO) to have a dice with replaceable batteries. However this will spoil the natural & aesthetic look of the dice when compared to a normal standard dice . . . . and so the never ending debate shall continue. Smile

Smile
P.S. BTW, I have great regard and respect for you Mark.
MF Tom
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of MF Tom
I use mine since the release it works perfectly and never had a problem with it. I can highly recommend Mental Dice.

We have a very few left in stock ready for shipping at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/products......-antoine

Best,
Tom
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I just won the auction at Quality Magic Sales for Marc's Mental Dice. The item description lists them as "new" so I sure hope they arrive with full battery power.

This topic has been an interesting read. I'm a hobbyist magician with a fondness for both gadgets and magic effects, When I find something that combines the two it's even better. A magician friend of mine says I'm a "props-stitute" Smile

At any rate, I feel I got a decent deal and I look forward to amazing my friends with my mental powers! Smile

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
A rechargeable battery is far superior to a lithium battery. It would last longer.

Many know where they can source this tech *now* if they want it.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mental Dice by Marc Antoine (178 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..24~25~26 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL