The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mental Dice by Marc Antoine (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19..23~24~25 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1984 Posts

Profile of Titanas
This is just amazing!
I had the chance to play with the dice when I visited Murphys and they are very responsive and the display makes it super easy to see both the numbers and the colors.
The price is also impressive considering that you are getting 3 dice.

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=60796

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
mayhem
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of mayhem
At first I was excited for this one... that price I wouldn't say it's impressive in a good way... $425.00??? That's crazy for a dice effect for me... Two year warranty is nice.

Price point doesn't make sense to me, but looks like a great effect.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
This is much cheaper than Promystic's RD and you get three dice. So, it's all relative, I guess.

What I'm wondering is will I be able to see the colors in the display easily? I'm a little color blind. Smile

Robert
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Ben Franklin.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1889 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Any UK dealers stocking this ?
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
948 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
This is great. I was shown it over Skype. Definitely a more cost friendly version of RD. Having multiple die definitely give you an advantage, by being able to use a larger group of spectators.
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10628 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Why is Murphy’s and Titanas intent on always copying someone else’s creations?

I think we all know the reason. It’s sad.

Is this an original idea? The die idea certainly goes back to Anverdi, but let’s be crystal clear about who invented the unique sealed die.

Yes yes, Titanas will claim that this new version is just a teeny bit different: it has a different receiver display etc.

Personally I won’t spend a penny on Murphy’s copies because they do not support creators and originality in magic. Character matters. I’m not the only one who feels strongly about this.

“But this is cheaper!”

So what? I support creators. Murphy’s should too. They are the used car hucksters of our little community.

Happy holidays.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
948 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Quote:
On Dec 15, 2017, saysold1 wrote:

Is this an original idea? The die idea certainly goes back to Anverdi, but let’s be crystal clear about who invented the unique sealed die.

Yes yes, Titanas will claim that this new version is just a teeny bit different: it has a different receiver display etc.

Personally I won’t spend a penny on Murphy’s copies because they do not support creators and originality in magic. Character matters. I’m not the only one who feels strongly about this.

“But this is cheaper!”

So what? I support creators. Murphy’s should too. Happy holidays.

For the record, this isn't a Murphy's produced product. They only shot the trailer.
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
danielrmk
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of danielrmk
If you keep 2 dice out of range you could still do it with one die right?
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2552 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
This is for sure on my list in 2018. 1st thing in Jan for sure. This would kill at my bar.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Dec 15, 2017, saysold1 wrote:

“But this is cheaper!”

So what? I support creators. Murphy’s should too. They are the used car hucksters of our little community.

Happy holidays.

I'm with Brett on this one, 100 percent. Sticking a 600 hp engine in a Yugo does not make it a Bugatti. No one, I repeat, NO ONE, stands behind their products like Craig.
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1048 Posts

Profile of sbays
I'm not rolling the dice on any product other than Promystic's. Craig's products are second to none when it comes to reliability. Craig is also second to none when it comes to customer service. When I buy from Craig I know I am not just getting the product, but that I am getting guaranteed customer service should I experience a problem. That to me is worth what I paid, and is also why I will do my business with Promystic and not the knock offs.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I've been a Promystic customer since the beginning. I think I may have been one of the first twenty or so people to have purchased MD. I am a huge Promystic supporter. Craig and I have had a long relationship over the years.

But, I've also dealt with Marc Antoine on several products including his Rising Card, and he was great. He's in France, so it's a little harder to communicate, but I think Marc is doing his very best as far as customer service is concerned.

"Mental Dice" looks like a great product to me. And, it is a little different than RD. Three dice - different colors, etc. I don't see this as a "rip-off" myself. Perhaps I'm wrong?

Robert
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1268 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
I've been a Promystic customer since the beginning too and do not understand the whining here... c'mon people grow up.

Craig is focused on his products and that's it, never seen him whining... why not? Because he is first class and understands business.

Back to Topic... This is GREAT! Can't wait to get my hands on this 3 lovely dices Smile

Congratulations Marc!
SydBeckman
View Profile
Elite user
Tennessee
484 Posts

Profile of SydBeckman
Does anyone know if these dice are rechargeable? If not, how long will they last?

Does anyone know if the receiver vibrates or is only visual?
Syd
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Looks great The demo looks great I have preordered from Saturn magic as I love the use of 3 dice makes it a littel nicer with a group. I have a lot of promstic products which are excellent as well.

Very excited to work this

K
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Quote:
On Dec 15, 2017, JackMagic wrote:
Any UK dealers stocking this ?

https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-mag......ick.html
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12220 Posts

Profile of John C
Stick with promystic. It's the real thing.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12220 Posts

Profile of John C
Besides the color and number. I think it's too gimmicky.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1321 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I have some really cool ideas for this. I don’t own it but I’m very tempted. The price seems very fair too.
REALWORKERS.CO.UK
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mental Dice by Marc Antoine (176 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19..23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL