We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mental Dice by Marc Antoine (176 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25
GuillaumeBellut
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of GuillaumeBellut
Marc Antoine is now proposing a SDK to developers for free for his MD. Meaning that developers can now support dice compatibility with almost any magic app out there.

Just imagine using your favorite magic app just by asking your spectator to roll the dice
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Interesting that Marc Antoine is just now proposing this when another developer (unknown to most of you as far as magic dice are concerned) announced a similar plan just a couple of weeks ago. I'm pretty certain the other developer reached out to Marc Antoine to allow his dice to work with the new developer's app.

Mark
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
626 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:
Interesting that Marc Antoine is just now proposing this when another developer (unknown to most of you as far as magic dice are concerned) announced a similar plan just a couple of weeks ago. I'm pretty certain the other developer reached out to Marc Antoine to allow his dice to work with the new developer's app.

Mark

No this has been planned for a while since the voila integration and it came out before the features of the dice were announced (I know both of the developers). Marc Antoine will probably integrate with the new app because it wouldn't be any more work for him and it would far surpass his.
Yepski
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of Yepski
Any insights into what this new mental dice app integration means? The update has gone out and it says “Integration with T watch”. But I can’t find any specific details on how this works or what it does
chrom
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of chrom
I was getting ready to pull the trigger on this set of die. Does the community here feel this is a better buy than the Anverdi Die for £100 less? I think it may be but would like some buy in before taking the plunge.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
626 Posts

This is much better. It has a full featured app and many more integrations than other dice sets.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2494 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
The Kinetic Dice are the next generation and the extra money compared to the cheaper Anverdi version is well worth it for just the Kinetic feature, let alone all the other features in the App, compatibility with the Turner and TimeSmith Watch and more...

We have it in stock in the 3 dice set or single die set.

The single die will not do everything the 3 set can but you can upgrade to 3 dice if you wish at later date for the price difference.

The single die basically gives you the number, which hand functions and limited basic control due to only having one die of the TimeSmith Watch if you have it.

The three set can be found here www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/......-antoine

The Single here www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/......-antoine
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of montanna40
What would the difference be between having the single die to having all three?

Plus if I purchase this single die from you as long as it shows I bought it you will organise I just pay the difference for the other two?
mimo67
View Profile
Elite user
France
429 Posts

Profile of mimo67
Yes, that's what I did. It's better to have the three dice because you can predict the color AND number, which hand effects too, mobile predictions too, it's really a great product worth the price !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2021, chrom wrote:
I was getting ready to pull the trigger on this set of die. Does the community here feel this is a better buy than the Anverdi Die for £100 less? I think it may be but would like some buy in before taking the plunge.

I suggest familiarizing yourself with these too:

https://spotted-dice.info/

Mark
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On Jan 17, 2021, Saturn UK wrote:
The Kinetic Dice are the next generation and the extra money compared to the cheaper Anverdi version is well worth it for just the Kinetic feature, let alone all the other features in the App, compatibility with the Turner and TimeSmith Watch and more...

We have it in stock in the 3 dice set or single die set.

The single die will not do everything the 3 set can but you can upgrade to 3 dice if you wish at later date for the price difference.

The single die basically gives you the number, which hand functions and limited basic control due to only having one die of the TimeSmith Watch if you have it.

The three set can be found here www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/......-antoine

The Single here www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/......-antoine

Apologies if I'm being a bit thick but I don't understand why the comparative table between this version and the Anverdi dice says that you can't do a "which hand" effect nor do you have a colour sensor... I have the Anverdi dice set (the set of 3 as well as the single one released after) and you can do both...
Ben
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
What is being referred to is that the Anverdi dice do not have a movement sensor, whereas these and Spotted Dice do.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Hmm ok I think I understand thanks for clarifying Smile my point still stands though, you can still do the "which hand" effect with the Anverdi dice (and you can still tell what colour is being used) Smile
Ben
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2021, goldeneye007 wrote:
Hmm ok I think I understand thanks for clarifying Smile my point still stands though, you can still do the "which hand" effect with the Anverdi dice (and you can still tell what colour is being used) Smile

Ben,

If the number on top of the Anverdi die does not change, then it is difficult to know which hand contains the die. For example, the spectator puts his hands behind his back, puts a die in one of them, and then brings both hands forward at the exact same time. All the Anverdi receiver will tell you is that the topmost side of the die is changing, NOT which hand it is in. If both hands are moving at the same time, it's difficult to know. And after the spectator's fists are held out in front of him, even if he moves one of his hands up and down or side to side a little, if the top number doesn't change the receiver won't tell you anything.

Yes, you can structure the instructions in your routine so you know which die went where ("while my back is turned, grab any color die in your left hand, now grab one of the other colors in the right hand", etc.). But the new Antoine Kenitic dice and the Spotted Dice have motion sensors that detect physical movement even if the topmost side doesn't change.

Mark
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Right ok I see thank you Mark - so it's basically easier to perform with the Marc Antoine dice got it, thanks! (for the "which hand" effect, you indeed need to make the spectator's hand move when using the Anverdi dice, which is how I use it)
Ben
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
I've added support for Kinetic Mental Dice in three effects within my Amalgam app.

Here are a few examples of just some of the things which are now possible when Amalgam is paired with Kinetic Mental Dice:

Watch - A random dice roll predicts the exact time displayed on your watch in a photo.
- Show your spectator a photo of yourself. Have the spectator roll three dice and create a time out of them (For - example, rolling a 5, 1, 3 would be 5:13).
- They zoom in on the photo to see that the watch you're wearing shows 5:13.

OneStopShop - Force an item from an online store. For example:
- Hand your spectator a face up deck of cards.
- Let your spectator scroll through an online playing card store and see multiple different playing card designs.
- They roll a die, and scroll through once more, remembering whichever item comes up at their selected number.
- Your spectator turns over the deck of cards to reveal it's the same as the chosen deck.

TimedOut - Predict a dice roll days in advance.
- Show your iPhone on the home screen, and place it face down.
- Have the spectator decide on a number of a die.
- They turn over the phone and open your photos to find a photo that you took yesterday of a die on the same number.

Amalgam is available via the App Store here.

cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
626 Posts

These are great. Marc showed me them and I think it makes them a lot better. IMO this is why it’s the best dice set. It has more integrations than any others and more coming soon.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1321 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I”m thinking about buying one to evaluate. Can anyone recommend a retailer in the states that carries them? Thank you.
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
700 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Marc Antoine is awesome, his products are awesome, his customer service is AWESOME....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mental Dice by Marc Antoine (176 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL