The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Haunted Box by Joao Miranda (39 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
Paul Forster
View Profile
Regular user
Harrogate
179 Posts

Profile of Paul Forster
What are the inside dimensions of the box? Buying some velvet to line it.
Thanks
Paranormal Entertainer
www.paulforster.co.uk

Proud member of PSYCRETS - British Society of Mystery Entertainers

Member of the Harrogate Society of Magicians
www.harrogatesocietyofmagicians.com
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
PM'd you Paul.
Paul Forster
View Profile
Regular user
Harrogate
179 Posts

Profile of Paul Forster
With the tags from Hugo, do you need something to program them? Or will it work without doing anything to the tag?

Quote:
On Jan 13, 2018, J M Talbot wrote:
I received mine and really like it! (standard version). I re-lined the box with red velvet and like the way it looks now. Was a bit of a pain to do as the felt is really glued in but came out great in the end.

I discovered that the tags Hugo Shelley sells will also work with the box. They are much smaller (a bit larger than a half dollar) so will fit in smaller items.

http://www.hugoshelley.com/?product=adhesive-tags

These smaller tags will allow you to gimmick a business card. This could be a killer item for trade shows or areas where you want to collect business cards. Have the box open on your performance area with a few cards in it (including your gaff card). Say that you will show them a miracle but you need some business cards. Collect a bunch of cards and then go into the haunted Box routine using the collected cards.

I will have fun with this.

Cheers,

John
Paranormal Entertainer
www.paulforster.co.uk

Proud member of PSYCRETS - British Society of Mystery Entertainers

Member of the Harrogate Society of Magicians
www.harrogatesocietyofmagicians.com
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
No programming or anything else need to be done.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
When will it available again?
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
j2bgrt
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of j2bgrt
Like I said, enjoy mine, I sincerely would appreciate these things. Got to go sleep now, but understand. My boxes work the best for me.
Got it. Very happy! Great job to Joao Miranda! Nice boxes~ Sincerely. JW
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Steven's Magic had two available the last time I looked.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I think Hocus Pocus may still have some.

https://hocus-pocus.com
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1163 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
What does it do? Is it right for you? Find out everything you want to know about the Haunted Box right here!

J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Great review Luke.

I was able to confirm on the weekend that a Hotel Key card that uses RFID will trigger the box. Most Hotel key cards use a magnetic stripe but most newer Hotels seem to be using RFID. One RFID card with a bunch of magnetic stripe cards will work, they generally look the same. I have saved cards over the years from business and personal trips. Will suggest the box is a holder for old key cards and provides a great way for me to remember these trips. Thought I would mention it as a another possible presentation angle.

John
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Haunted Box (Standard) you can get from Penguin.
Maxeroo
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Maxeroo
Am confused about how the specatator's signed card goes back in the deck.

Is some handling of the cards by the magician required at this point?

Thanks!
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2018, Paul Forster wrote:
Thanks

Can someone let me know also the internal dimensions of the Standard box? Publicly (I don't see the problem in that) or privately?
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2018, Recoplon wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2018, Paul Forster wrote:
Thanks

Can someone let me know also the internal dimensions of the Standard box? Publicly (I don't see the problem in that) or privately?

Internal : 12 cm X 9 cm
DonMagician
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of DonMagician
Can someone tell me exactly where the u** connects? Having trouble finding as he points at the area but unclear where it is.
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
Bought the standard version. Had no clue what I was doing. Proceeded to sand the hell out of it breaking the chain and amateurly repairing it several times. Then I stripped it with strange chemicals and finally gave it a sloppy coat of oil based based stain, replaced the latch and applied some black felt.

I am now much happier with my haunted box.
BifKahuna
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of BifKahuna
Just joined!! Accidently chose the wrong screen name..you see it LOL. Anyway just bought the Limited Edition. woohoo! Looking at using it with effects maybe like Heirloom, deceased Etc. is there another place here where people are sharing what they are doing with this? Thanks
Nikita
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Nikita
Just for some inspiration - here is my standard version box) Redesign it by myself in a couple of hours. New lock, new color.
As for the product itself - I tried it couple of time with no success - first time the spectator girl just held the lid when it began to close and than continued to deal the cards.
And the other time another spectator was thinking that he touched the chain and so the box closed. As everybody here know - the lid closes on the hand of spectator, so he easily opens it back and continue to deal in.
That's my experience with it. You literally must to see what the spectator is doing to avoid the mistake.
Will think about presentation more.

Click here to view attached image.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
I am getting this and look forward to it. I have read all the posts and no one has come up with this idea. I am putting it out there as a routine. I am also getting the blank cards with this. My idea is to have maybe 5 or so spectators write names on the cards. All but one write a person they know who is living. One spectator writes a person they know who is deceased. I think you can see where this is going from there.

Ron
Nikita
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Nikita
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2018, mrmagic0 wrote:
I am getting this and look forward to it. I have read all the posts and no one has come up with this idea. I am putting it out there as a routine. I am also getting the blank cards with this. My idea is to have maybe 5 or so spectators write names on the cards. All but one write a person they know who is living. One spectator writes a person they know who is deceased. I think you can see where this is going from there.

Ron

You can see this routine is in the demo video on youtube. But with the name of the loved one instead of dead.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Haunted Box by Joao Miranda (39 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL