The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Easy To Master Card Miracles Volumes 7,8 and 9 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Mike says they will be out in a few weeks. Anyone have a clue as to what will be on them? After Volumes 1-6, I didn't think there would be any classics left.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
ScottB02
View Profile
New user
West Virginia, U.S.A.
6 Posts

Profile of ScottB02
It's gonna be mostly stand up with cards. I did a search at L&L's website and I found this is some of what he is gonna have:

Cheaters Poker from Jim Steinmeyer, a cards across handling that Ammar has used for years that is very direct and fair, and a Card on Tie handling that doesn't require a tie OR a coat. Three cards to pocket that concludes with the entire deck going to the pocket except for the selection. A wonderfully structured, low-tech Card in Balloon, a couple of Irv Weiner routines, and a new handling of Lamont Reams Mind Reading Chicken that will, quite probably, really fool you.

This has a lot of funny stuff connected to it, and then in the end, you break open a freely selected egg to find the name of a selection written in Yolk on the inside of the egg!

Ammar posted that on the L&L forum awhile back.
I have been scarred so deep by life and cold despair, and brittle bones were broken far beyond repair. I have leveled lies so deep, the truth may never find. And inside my faithless heart, I stole things never mine.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Few weeks! That's awesome news! Cant wait to finish off my collection! Here's what Michael responded when asked about 7-9:

Part of me wonders if it is too soon to talk about 7, 8, and 9, as they won't be ready for several months. In the 'old days', i.e., 10 to 20 years ago, you would frequently see ads for products that didn't exist yet! Sometimes it would be clear that this was a pre-release announcement, and at other times people would actually use the money from the orders to produce the product. Of course, this would mean a wait of anywhere from two months to forever for the product to arrive.

But I remember the day when Louis made the firm decision that L&L would never advertise something that wasn't already in stock, and as simple and small as that decision might sound, that was important for everyone involved.

Of course, a discussion board is a different thing, so let's discuss it a bit. To begin, there will be more standup card magic on these three than on previous sets, because at one point I wanted to do two videos strictly on Standup Card Magic. Ultimately, however, I ended up sprinkling the standup stuff amongst the other material, and I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Among the Standup stuff was: Cheaters Poker from Jim Steinmeyer, a Cards Across handling I've used for years that is very direct and fair, and a Card on Tie handling that doesn't require a tie OR a coat -- wait until you see this, if you simply saw this on TV, you'd think it was trick photography. Paul Harris went so far as to suggest that this should've been sold separately.

Other standup stuff includes a great three cards to pocket that concludes with the entire deck going to the pocket except for the selection, a wonderfully structured, low-tech Card in Balloon, a couple of Irv Weiner routines, and a new handling of Lamont Reams Mind Reading Chicken that will, quite probably, really fool you. This has a lot of funny stuff connected to it, and then in the end, you break open a freely selected egg to find the name of a selection written in Yolk on the inside of the egg!

MagicChris, where and when did he say this?

Thanks.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Scott, thanks for the info! sound slike it's going to be great material!

Mike sent out a newsletter anbout them being almost ready. Verrrrry exciting news!

loowhochan
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
116 Posts

Profile of loowhochan
Quote:
On 2004-04-18 16:55, in flames wrote:
MagicChris, where and when did he say this?
Thanks

He said this at the L&L Pub forums when he was on as a special guest. It was actually a response to my question there.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Good job on asking, Loowhochan!

in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Hi Loowhochan,

It is the reply to your post that I cut and pasted from L&L. Thanks for the info, Loowhochan and ScottB02. You two made my day with this news. I can't wait!
loowhochan
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
116 Posts

Profile of loowhochan
Thanks MagicChris!

No problem in flames!

I think we are all excited about the upcoming release of ETMCM 7-9. Smile
tollamus
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of tollamus
Can't wait until they are released!
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I second, tollamus.
erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
My, my...They are finally coming.

Is there any pre-order?

Thanks.

eric Smile
"Fill you life with magic by making magic a part of your life." by eric tan.
Amazing Samdini
View Profile
New user
Calabasas, CA
66 Posts

Profile of Amazing Samdini
Bonnie (at Michael's website) said June 1st is the expected L&L release date.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I can't wait!
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I'll be so mad if the card on tie is the one from his Encore 3 Book...not because it's bad but because it's SO awesome and easy.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
The most anticipated card DVDs of the year. If they are even close to vol 1 to vol 6, they will be fantastic.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'm going to throw a party!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1130 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
I called L&L and they said that they will start shipping tomorrow, Friday, May 7. I can't wait until they come.
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
magicmann
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of magicmann
Just wondering has anyone received them yet?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I believe they ship tomorrow to dealers.

emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3885 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I don't know what is worse about magic today: false advertising or advertising something long before it is ever available. I'm a big fan of not advertising something unless it is in stock. There's nothing worse than waiting for something only to find the dreaded "your item is on backorder" letter waiting for you instead.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Easy To Master Card Miracles Volumes 7,8 and 9 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL