The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Control by Darryl Vanamburg (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
There have been some questions to myself regarding Control with comparisons to Silent Assistant? Being one of the testers of Control and seeing it’s evolution I’d thought I’d give my opinion. I appreciate all the private messages on Control. This will be easier as I’m crazy busy.

Full Disclosure Darryl is a brother I’m lucky to benefit from his magical thinking.

Darryl Vanamburg has created an invisible Utility device that you will actually use.

After seeing the "silent assistant" video ... when you put the two side-by-side the "Control device" You can do more with Control.

It stays in position without the risk of it falling off and you can put your hands completely flat/open when using it. No fear of this falling off.

Control comes with an entire kit of usable props. Plus you can get in and out of control in a split second. Showing your hands completely empty. This has proven valuable to me when performing for the most skeptical individuals.

The quality manufactured items is second to none.
The in-depth instruction by Gregory Wilson will propel your magic forward. This will be fun to practice and only limited by your imagination.

Looking forward to 2018.
Mike
Entertainer
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Can control be flashed the like silent assistant? Or must it remain hidden?
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Yes...the control gimmick can be flashed just the same
Also there is a big difference on m****t strength between silent assistant and control... Control having a greater strength as assistant looks half a PK ring not a full ring.
Entertainer
mistifyed
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of mistifyed
Hello all…Hope you’ve all enjoyed your Christmas and are getting ready for a great New year.

I/We Put so Much Time/R&D into all this…

Id like to clear the air after Sans Minds decided to release Silent Assistant “Following” the pre-release Of Control…

No surprise I found out Sans intended to release silent assistant months down the road …but changed their plan the moment they saw that the Control Pre-Order release took place. So For this I Do apologize for all the confusion between the two Releases.
For the record I would never do such a thing. That is not how I do business. I respect the magic community and have integrity. Control has my blood, sweat and tears. I believe you should be rewarded for hard work, time and Dedication on a worthy Product release like this. As well as go to the extent to obtain the Blessing from the first mover creator to go ahead with a similar release. This is not how they chose to operate… and it is frustrating to say the very least, to a point it makes me not want to share what I’m working on right now. I know I’m not the only one feeling this way. Thanks to all for the positive messages and support.

To Clarify the differences between the two for you all….
When designing “Control” the end vision of it was to allow the performer to create astonishing visual mind over matter type magical PK effects(Hence the hands of Power) for magicians and Mentalists alike.

The Goal was to allow the performer to start with actual empty hands..Then with in a very quick moment retrieve the very Powerful device with out the risk of it falling off.. and then execute the effect. Immediately after the effect - With-In literally a split second the performer is left With their Hands Completely Empty and Absolutely Clean.

—>Control is exactly that!!

1. Your Hands Are Truly Empty…Then Retrieve Device in real time secured into position.

2. Perform the Magical Feet…

3. Show the Hands Completely Empty right after.

The capabilities with this are extensive…The Watch stop, Rock Whirl, Bill/paper/Napkin Through Drinking Glass and Or coin or other items through glass Table surface etc is just a few of many favourite effects I like to perform with it.

Once retrieval of the Invisible device is executed…The Sure Strength & Power of the Custom Designed M****t is securely snugged into place allowing the hand to open flat with out the risk of it slipping off from your Hand.

The Gimmick is also Adjustable to fit snugged to ones Finger size

and Yes…You can Flash the Gimmick as well.

I wanted the device to be Strong to allow Great distance from the Items… which means you can manipulate objects from further away, from underneath a table, and really make it feel as if you aren’t coming anywhere near the object being manipulated etc…

This strength and Security certainly helps Make all the difference when it comes to maximizing the confidence in the performer to allow them to focus all energy on their performance and audience interaction…and less energy worrying about something screwing up and or getting caught out etc.

Aside from all Above…I really wanted to provide something that allowed No Limitations and to inspire personal creativity with this…And So We Put together an entire arsenal of routines, props, Gimmicks and Ideas to allow you the performer to get the most out of the Control System…I might add all the Material Provided and Taught By Gregory Wilson along with The Murphys Magic Team are of great Value as well.

Hope this has provided some level of clarification for you all.

Thank You and I Wish you all have a great 2018!!

Darryl Vanamburg
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Thanks for the reply. I have decided to get control with all its advantages because of the information you just provided. Glenn Smile
Have a happy new year.
XaviumLord
View Profile
New user
Ohio
68 Posts

Profile of XaviumLord
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2017, Glenn Watson wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I have decided to get control with all its advantages because of the information you just provided. Glenn Smile
Have a happy new year.

Same. I'm a sucker for transparency and support.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Control it is for me. I have never been let down by Vanamburg. Sandsmind let down more than a few times.
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
I just purchased control from Vanishing Inc. They offer free shipping of this non discounted product making it the lowest price.They will send it out on January first of 2018.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
I just purchased control from Vanishing Inc. They offer free shipping of this non discounted product making it the lowest price.They will send it out on January first of 2018.

Same with Penguin, Magic and Such, Hocus Pocus, and probably others as well.
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Glad to hear it and I still got control for the lowest price.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Do you have to load certain objects with a certain something to do the necessary moves etc?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2017, videoman wrote:
Quote:

Same with Penguin, Magic and Such, Hocus Pocus, and probably others as well.

Penguin has already shipped mine.
mistifyed
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of mistifyed
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2017, Daren wrote:
Do you have to load certain objects with a certain something to do the necessary moves etc?

Hello Daren...

Control comes with a few ready to go Items Out of the Package so you can go straight into working with it.(I recommend that all watch the Instructional before pulling items out of the package)

There are also many extras that come in the package that are taught how to utilize along with many tips and Ideas...these extras are also meant to inspire your own inner creativity to create your own visual routines/effects that fit your personality.

Darryl
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Ok great thanks, can you flash your hands like in the other release?
mistifyed
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of mistifyed
Yes Absolutely

Darryl Smile
hnegash
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of hnegash
Darryl,

I like the haunted style effect from the deck in a spread condition. In the trailer the card was signed; do I have to force this card because there's a shim in it or can any card be selected? If a shim is involved, I imagine I can take it out and apply it to any playing card along with some rubber cement?

Thanks,

Henok
mistifyed
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of mistifyed
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2017, hnegash wrote:
Darryl,

I like the haunted style effect from the deck in a spread condition. In the trailer the card was signed; do I have to force this card because there's a shim in it or can any card be selected? If a shim is involved, I imagine I can take it out and apply it to any playing card along with some rubber cement?

Thanks,

Henok

Hi Henok

Thanks for the question..

All is taught in the instructional...

The Spec can select and Sign Any card. The Actual selected card is used...The moment the card is returned to Performer and inserted back into the deck with cards spread.....You are then set to animate the card.

The performer then picks up the card to reveal the selection and in that moment the card is able to be handed back for examination/souvenir etc. Obviously the card does not need to be signed..but seems to connect on a much higher level with their Signature.

hope this helps.

Darryl
XaviumLord
View Profile
New user
Ohio
68 Posts

Profile of XaviumLord
Are the online instructions available through one's account on sites such as Penguin or Vanishing Inc., or is it accessed strictly done via a code given out in the box? Was wondering if anything would pop up in my Penguin account on January 1st so I could start to learn as I wait on it to arrive.
mistifyed
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of mistifyed
The online instructions are with the box you will get with Control.
Darryl
solidglint
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
212 Posts

Profile of solidglint
Hi Darryl, is it easy to reset the haunted deck routine?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Control by Darryl Vanamburg (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL