The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Worst customer service award (51 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
My last 4 orders from The Magic Warehouse have taken 4 or 5 days to ship. Might as well not pay extra for Priority Mail with shipping like that.
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Quote:
On May 21, 2019, alondon wrote:
Boardwalk Magic in Santa Cruz-- over a month- numerous emails and promises to "make it right" and nothing
Buyer beware!!!!!
Not sure how they can do business that way

Same experience. ordered three weeks ago no replies to call or texts! Avoid this business!
Smile
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Quote:
On May 24, 2019, rowdymagi5 wrote:
My last 4 orders from The Magic Warehouse have taken 4 or 5 days to ship. Might as well not pay extra for Priority Mail with shipping like that.

Avoid this merchant. Look at the fine print in which they reserve to not grant refunds if something is out of stock.
Smile
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
BUYER BEWARE--DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM FULL52 PRODUCTIONS.

I placed a $200 order on June 4, 2019. The package never arrived (as of August 2, 2019). I tried contacting Dave several times, but he never replied to my emails or returned my phone calls. (I just noticed that his phone number has been removed from his website--it was there just 2 days ago!) I sent him an email yesterday (August 1) threatening to open a dispute with my credit card company. He did not reply. I filed a dispute this morning.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You joined here just to make these two negative posts? Nice.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
You joined here just to make these two negative posts? Nice.

Well, not exactly. I’ve been meaning to register for a while now. This just lit the fire under me! I really don’t want others to get ripped off by this company.

I’ve found the Magic Café very helpful. Hopefully, I’ll have something to contribute from time to time. And it won’t always be negative!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I can understand that. It is such a chore to register here and everything.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Here's what I don't get. I mean I really just don't understand.

Why can't some people just tell the truth when they mess up?

They will always come out looking better than with a non-communication or lying strategy. I'm not even talking morality here. Just plain sense.

People make mistakes. We get it. No one in the magic community expects perfection. Just a little humanness.

Just say, "Hey, I'm sorry I messed up, I didn't order enough. Would you like a refund or other item?" Or, "I'm sorry, I mixed up your order with someone else's. Let me get the proper order out ASAP." Or, "The item cost more to make than I planned, and I'm losing money with every sale; I'm sorry, here's your money back." Or even in an extreme example, "I spent all the money and can't pay for the goods on my end. I'm an idiot. Can I interest you in another item I have on hand?"

None of those excuses is going to make people happy, granted. But you know what? Even with the extreme case, it's still better, even from a business point of view, than non-communication or constant lying and stringing the customer along.

Tell the truth, apologize, and then offer a real way to make amends. Why, oh why, is this so hard to understand?

That said, in many years, I've only had one bad experience in buying magic. That was with a scammer on the Café who had no intention of delivering; I opened a Paypal dispute and got my money back from Paypal. The scammer disappeared from the Café.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
One of the hallmarks of great companies is not a lack of mistakes, but rather how they handle it when they DO make one.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Firestorm60
View Profile
New user
U.K.
44 Posts

Profile of Firestorm60
It was outlaw for me . It was E-mail after E- mail all went un-answered. I then read on a different thread there was problems internally and so eventually I recovered my money via PayPal.
I do buy a lot of stuff and usually I have had around 98% success rate so I’m happy.
Thinking more positively we should have the best of the bunch and I would say penguin and peter Nardi are up there Not because things don’t go wrong as they have but they are faster than a tramp on chips to put it right
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2019, Firestorm60 wrote:
It was outlaw for me . It was E-mail after E- mail all went un-answered. I then read on a different thread there was problems internally and so eventually I recovered my money via PayPal.
I do buy a lot of stuff and usually I have had around 98% success rate so I’m happy.
Thinking more positively we should have the best of the bunch and I would say penguin and peter Nardi are up there Not because things don’t go wrong as they have but they are faster than a tramp on chips to put it right

There is a separate "best customer service" thread also in this section.
titansfan85
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of titansfan85
My vote goes to magic and such. I have recently discovered them and their fast 50 sales...I have placed five orders and it’s now been over a month since I placed the first...not one update on the order. I have called three times and left messages, as there is no live person to talk to and sent three emails. I am going to report this amazon as I used amazon pay to checkout and let them know that magic and such should be removed as their partner. I would assume that amazon would only want to partner with companies that take customer service seriously. I’m also going to file for my money back.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2019, titansfan85 wrote:
My vote goes to magic and such. I have recently discovered them and their fast 50 sales...I have placed five orders and it’s now been over a month since I placed the first...not one update on the order. I have called three times and left messages, as there is no live person to talk to and sent three emails. I am going to report this amazon as I used amazon pay to checkout and let them know that magic and such should be removed as their partner. I would assume that amazon would only want to partner with companies that take customer service seriously. I’m also going to file for my money back.

I have had great service from Magic and Such. Even shipping to the UK! It was a year or so ago that I used them. I only used them because their price was soooo competitive at the time (even with UK shipping).

So has anyone had further issues with Magic Tao? I only ask as I was looking at the Magic Circle Dealers Day on Saturday. I don't know the dealer list but looking at their Facebook page - wgo is in the picture... Magic Tao... erm well..... that's a little surprising to me. Unless all is now good?
JH5magic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of JH5magic
Magic and Such was a very good dealer in the past, but not sure what happened. I placed an order in the summer and waited over a month then sending two emails and a phone call to voicemail. I eventually received 1 of 2 items ordered and a refund for the other.

I ordered two items again about a month ago and am still waiting. Once again I emailed and called, but no response. Both items show in stock on their site. It looks like their service took a nose dive.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2019, JH5magic wrote:
Magic and Such was a very good dealer in the past, but not sure what happened. I placed an order in the summer and waited over a month then sending two emails and a phone call to voicemail. I eventually received 1 of 2 items ordered and a refund for the other.

I ordered two items again about a month ago and am still waiting. Once again I emailed and called, but no response. Both items show in stock on their site. It looks like their service took a nose dive.

Yes, that's not so great... Although my items took a while to come in I am in the UK and they were sending from the USA - so I was not bothered about the month wait. Its taken Penguin that long on occasions too.
Gregor Mann
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Gregor Mann
Roy kueppers is the worst!
My latest Rubberband effect
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7616

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-rjVv3a60g&t=18s
10 Tricks that might fool you or not Smile
Sundragon36
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Sundragon36
Ellusionist, Sadler, terrible service, terrible communication
shahid malik
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of shahid malik
Just seen this.....
And I must add my opinion.
Stay clear of Daytona Magic and especially Harry Allen.
I've had issues with him on several occasions - and since then I refuse to do business with him.
His attitude is beyond disgusting.
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Magic Depot - horrible treatment toward the Elders and the great Paul Green no less. We will never do business with him again.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
7 pages and going...that is a sad statement in such a specialized field...

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Worst customer service award (51 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL