We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Check this guy out... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
magickevinCA
View Profile
New user
Oceanside, CA
30 Posts

Profile of magickevinCA
I was informed about this website and couldn't believe I was watching the guy that INVENTED the 'ambitious card' trick. You guys really should watch this guy in action he's the best. HIS ambitious card trick that he INVENTED is at the end of the video clip on the supplied link. You guys need to check this out!

http://www.dwayneandrew.com/night.html
JasonDean
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of JasonDean
I didn't know he invented the Ambitious card! Smile
chrisrkline
View Profile
Special user
Little Rock
965 Posts

Profile of chrisrkline
I really don't think he invented ACR. He looks a little young to have fooled Houdini. Smile
Chris
JasonDean
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of JasonDean
That's what I was thinking!
porcupine
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
196 Posts

Profile of porcupine
That guy's scary....

Cheers
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” - Albert Einstein
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Vernon Did the Ambitious Card for Houdini ( and fooled him ) so I doubt it's this fellow!

;-)
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
lockedroomguy
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
65 Posts

Profile of lockedroomguy
Right at the beginning the words "Slight of Hand" appear on the screen. Just a common spelling mistake - or something else he invented?
cardguy24
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of cardguy24
I believe Ambitious card was around before vernon.
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Oh my gosh...that was just plain terrible.

This guy needs major help....I seriously hope he isn't getting paid for this.
10cardsdown
View Profile
Special user
Out There Somewhere
663 Posts

Profile of 10cardsdown
Horrible, just horrible. Sometimes I wonder if magicians understand the concept. Let me address ONLY the opening effect (my fingers can't type enough for everything).

When we produce the Aces with an attitude of arrogance, it comes off as "look how good I am". With this attitude, where is the MAGIC? Really, did we fool them or just show them a display of skill?

The magic is supposed to happen in the spectator's MIND, and nothing in this shows me that concept. All it shows me is an attitude of arrogance that in reality puts down the spectators. It states that "I can do this and you can't".

I wonder how magical the routine would have been if the SPECTATOR cut the deck and found the Aces? I would venture to say that it would have been much more magical in the SPECTATOR'S mind.

As for the mechanics and timing of the mechanics . . . they need work, LOTS of work!

Good luck! Smile
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
This post has been interrupted for a personal opinion:

I'll give him credit for having the courage to reach out beyond the practice room. An internet video wouldn't have been my first choice, though. Would've been better if critiqued first, before release.

Now, we take you back to your regularly scheduled bashing...
DreamBig
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of DreamBig
I enjoyed it and found it entertaining. He didn't strike me as arrogant either, nor did I think the magic he did put down any spectators.

I liked the vaudville theme in that trick. Probably not original with him. I liked it nonetheless.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
I'm sure the guy was just kidding when he said he invented tha ACR. He probably knows that magicians would see this .

He did not strike me as arrogant either. I think, for someone who invented one of magic's all time greats, the "TT" he was rather modest.

Seriously, I think he was ok!A regular nice guy!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Pretty ordinary stuff... needed a change of pace too.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
joblogg
View Profile
New user
Sydney Australia
57 Posts

Profile of joblogg
I had to turn it off it was SOOOOOOOOOO bad.The guy is even more annoying when he does the voices.And as for the kids party tricks with the thumb tip........Ahhggghh!!!!
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Maybe Copperfield's grandfather didn't REALLY teach him McDonald's Aces either...

Hmmmm?

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Cabrera
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
513 Posts

Profile of Cabrera
Sorry to disappoint you guys...AL Gore invented the Ambitious Card!
"The quilt of life is woven with many different threads"
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2614 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Yeah didn't see one original thing on the video, especially the Ambitious Card. Maybe he should replace his pass with some other move until the pass
is better. Seemed like a nice enough guy though.
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
If he is just a layman its OK, all he needs to do is brush up on the Patter a bit, don't just reel it off and if you're gonna do a WC Field and Mae West at least make 'em sound like the people.

Howard
MariusHaugan
View Profile
New user
Norway
91 Posts

Profile of MariusHaugan
Hoho, I don't understand how he can claim to have invented the ambitious card routine.. But, well. He was alright I guess.
"There is no branch of conjuring that so fully repays the amateur for his labor and study as sleight-of-hand with cards."
S.W Erdnase
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Check this guy out... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL