The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ 'Nothing But The Truth' by Craig Petty Ľ Ľ Episode #8 : The Twixter by Neil Trigger (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Special this week...
View Profile
Cafť Announcer
The Magic Cafť
765 Posts

Profile of Special this week...
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
The card "force" is really amazing... Smile
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
I always feel better about myself when I see the mediocre Mr Petty spouting motivational truisms or pointing out the bleeding obvious like how awful this trick is.

But as Iíve said before there are always going to be those magicians of less than average skill or intelligence who can learn from Craig , so good luck to him.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1320 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2018, Ray Chelt wrote:
I always feel better about myself when I see the mediocre Mr Petty spouting motivational truisms or pointing out the bleeding obvious like how awful this trick is.

But as Iíve said before there are always going to be those magicians of less than average skill or intelligence who can learn from Craig , so good luck to him.

OK Ray. You keep saying how mediocre I am. Hereís a deal letís have a magic competition. One On One, you vs me. We can do it at Blackpool this year. If you arenít going Iíll even buy you a day ticket to come. Seriously, you keep telling me how bad I am so put me in my place. You and me. Letís do this. Come on Ray, this is your chance to humiliate me in public.

So Ray you gonna put your talent where your mouth is?
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2013 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Seems that Ray is quite obsessed with you since the majority of his posts are all about you, and how bad you "suck". Pretty creepy and disturbing. I would maybe file a restraining order Smile. I highly doubt he will show as he wants to remain an anonymous keyboard warrior who probably doesn't even do magic, he just likes to stalk you out of jealous admiration because you are far more successful than he ever was, and probably half of his age. Who knows maybe he will show up with "Twixter" ready to take you on, and with chocolate stained sleeves. Smile

It is a shame that your posts bring him out of hibernation being that all he does is bash others, especially you. He did the same to me years ago and others. Not sure why he is even still here voluntarily or involuntarily, he needs to get over your success and get a life. He seems to "feel better about himself" when he bashes you though, which is not saying much about who he is.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Luke Jonas
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire UK
131 Posts

Profile of Luke Jonas
This could be interesting.
I know that this is a public forum and people are entitled to their own opinions, however Ray your post could come across as a form of bullying. I would love to see you accept this 'challenge' and we can all see just how 'mediocre' Mr Petty is and how your own skill set can match up?
If Blackpool is accepted as the venue of choice for such 'battle' I will enjoy watching it I will even buy the winner a drink back at the Ruskin, and there will be plenty of people willing to judge!
All the very best to you both.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2013 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Yeah show up or shut up. Your constant bashing of Craig (and others) over the years is tiring.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Not happening Smile To be clear...technically Craig is a darn sight better than I am...itís his presentation that I find uninspiring and mechanical.

I last posted about Craig in April last year when this Nothing but the Truth lark started. Thatís hardly stalking,

I stand by the fact that Craig doing his trademark rant about crappy tricks is not really very entertaining and, when I raised this last year I did have some more positive suggestions.

Finally, if he wants to put himself out there then he has to accept the good and the bad commentary wise. I still like him as a person though, itís just this kind of pointless mediocre spouting winds me up.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1320 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2018, Ray Chelt wrote:
Not happening Smile To be clear...technically Craig is a darn sight better than I am...itís his presentation that I find uninspiring and mechanical.

I last posted about Craig in April last year when this Nothing but the Truth lark started. Thatís hardly stalking,

I stand by the fact that Craig doing his trademark rant about crappy tricks is not really very entertaining and, when I raised this last year I did have some more positive suggestions.

Finally, if he wants to put himself out there then he has to accept the good and the bad commentary wise. I still like him as a person though, itís just this kind of pointless mediocre spouting winds me up.

Ray, you have been having a go at me for one reason or another for as long as I remember.

So if you think itís my presentations that are subpar hereís what I propose. We both perform for a group of lay people (magicians can be there). I will only do self working material - no sleight of hand at all. I will have to totally have to rely on my presentational ability. You do what you want. If you donít want to meet me then simply film a video. Iíll film a video and we can let the members of the Cafť decide who is best.

Come on Ray, everyone knows who I am. I put myself out there. Time for you to do the same. If my presentation is so bad show me how to do it Ray.

Step up bro.
Luke Jonas
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire UK
131 Posts

Profile of Luke Jonas
I think this has some good potential. another member should pick a plot or a standard effect or even just name a prop that has to be utilised.
Then you both go away and film a short 5 minute video showcasing the presentation and routine that you have each devised. the simpler the better that way it is less about magcical ability and more about strory telling and presentation, this way there is no bravado about who is better at magic as Ray has already claimed that this is Craig, but simply who is less 'mediocre' in general.
No Audience, No Pressure just you and a camera so you don't even have to meet then put it up to the Cafť for critique.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Since we are turning this into something of a macho battle letís just accept that Craig is better than me on all fronts. I never said he wasnít.

Zack Snyder is a better film-maker than me, Stephen King is a better writer...but I can certainly call out when I think theyíve produced something a bit crappy.

If Craig wants to fill the airwaves talking about a crappy trick then he gets the same consideration.

Just as people on here are quite rightly challenging my moaning.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2013 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
The problem is though you have constantly attacked Craig in vile ways, and downright insulted him calling him "mediocre" etc. It is like you have some type of weird, unhealthy obsession with him. If you are going to say that someone else "sucks" or that they are "uninteresting," "boring," "bad at presentation," constantly you should then be prepared to back it up showing them how it is done. You do not give constructive criticism you just bash Craig at every opportunity you get. If he "sucks" so badly and is so "boring," why does he have his own businesses and keep on getting booked? He must be doing something right.

But when you get down to it, it is the paying client's opinion that matters, not some faceless, anonymous, poster on a magic forum. Especially when that opinion is invalid and does not match the reality of Craig's success, and it only vile insults with no constructive or meaningful criticism other than to just attack someone constantly in every post. I have seen you do this to Craig MANY times in the WPR posts anyone can do a search of your name and Craig's and find about 48 posts at least, most of which are bashing Craig. There is a difference between outright bashing/insulting/personal attacks and constructive criticism. But regardless, he is out there making a living though and being successful at it so that is all that matters.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2013 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Bill Hegbli said it well also almost 4 years ago now.

Quote:
On Jun 12, 2014, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2014, VernonOnCoins wrote:
Why did he leave? And not even a mention to his fans?? Dave made a few in jokes about it this week and that's about all we got after years of steady viewing???

Sorry, that doesn't sit well with me. And even if it's just a break, a little something about it would be the decent thing to do.

Go back read the last several months of postings, you will see there are members who refuse to respect Craig, his expertise, his opinion, his enthusiasm or calling a dead horse a dead horse. Anything the man says, they banter on and on, like they know more then the guy that is out there working. I believe this called harassment and bullying on the internet. Notice how quiet this forum is now, they are not ganging up on who is left, yet, but they will, old dogs don't change.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2018, sirbrad wrote:
The problem is though you have constantly attacked Craig in vile ways, and downright insulted him calling him "mediocre" etc. It is like you have some type of weird, unhealthy obsession with him. If you are going to say that someone else "sucks" or that they are "uninteresting," "boring," "bad at presentation," constantly you should then be prepared to back it up showing them how it is done. You do not give constructive criticism you just bash Craig at every opportunity you get. If he "sucks" so badly and is so "boring," why does he have his own businesses and keep on getting booked? He must be doing something right.

But when you get down to it, it is the paying client's opinion that matters, not some faceless, anonymous, poster on a magic forum. Especially when that opinion is invalid and does not match the reality of Craig's success, and it only vile insults with no constructive or meaningful criticism other than to just attack someone constantly in every post. I have seen you do this to Craig MANY times in the WPR posts anyone can do a search of your name and Craig's and find about 48 posts at least, most of which are bashing Craig. There is a difference between outright bashing/insulting/personal attacks and constructive criticism. But regardless, he is out there making a living though and being successful at it so that is all that matters.

You are exaggerating ...and to say I bash him at every opportunity is nonsense. I said some nice things about WPR in the past and backed Craig. Take a look for the Caig Petty Illusions as Teambuilding thread where everybody jumped on him.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2013 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Well you certainly have bashed him enough for him to remember it well, and I also remember you doing it many times as I said. Also anyone who expects Craig to master a trick in that short of time for a "demo" is an "idiot," which you also seem to like calling people often. It is a magic trick "demo" for magicians, not a polished presentation that Craig does all the time. He just showed them as a preview of the tricks, he was not trying out for F.I.S.M.

The tricks do not need to be perfect nor does Craig have time to perfect them in a week or less. Most tricks take months to years to master fully depending on your skill level, trick difficulty, and time invested each day. They may not be his style or he may not even want to do them. But showing them is still better than nothing as this is a show for "magicians" not laymen. To expect Craig to do them all flawlessly is ludicrous. So anyone critiquing his demo reviews is indeed an idiot and is just looking to take cheap shots whenever possible.

Also his non-performance reviews are just his opinion, they don't need to be "entertaining." Who cares how he does them? Don't like them stop watching them and move on instead of continually stalking Craig with insults. Or better yet accept Craig's challenge so that Craig and everyone else can also have a laugh.
Luke Jonas
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire UK
131 Posts

Profile of Luke Jonas
Quote:
So anyone critiquing his demo reviews is indeed an idiot and is just looking to take cheap shots whenever possible.

Also his non-performance reviews are just his opinion, they don't need to be "entertaining." Who cares how he does them? Don't like them stop watching them and move on instead of continually stalking Craig with insults. Or better yet accept Craig's challenge so that Craig and everyone else can also have a laugh.

this could also come across as starting to become bullying to be fair. two wrongs don't make a right.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2018, Luke Jonas wrote:
Quote:
So anyone critiquing his demo reviews is indeed an idiot and is just looking to take cheap shots whenever possible.

this could also come across as starting to become bullying to be fair. two wrongs don't make a right.

I opened my big mouth and have been challenged. Donít see it as bullying so all good.

Anyway thatís it for me now and I formally accede that sirbrad wins.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2013 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I don't think so, I only bully bullies if they attack me or others for no reason. I have my own set of beliefs and standards. Attacking Craig for doing magic demos and reviews is stupid, and there really is no reason for it unless someone is as I said jealous of him, stalking him, or discontent with themselves. Maybe all of them. It is not like Craig is doing videos acting like he is the best at magic, and saying everyone else sucks. Then he would deserve it maybe and would most likely get attacked as he is setting himself for it. However he is not doing this at all, he is simply demonstrating them for informational purposes and stating is opinion. Same with his reviews.

So there is no need to call him names, and "mediocre" unless you have some personal agenda with him. So my point was if you can't take it then don't dish it out, especially for no reason when nothing was done to you by the person. If you do that to people that "you like" I would hate to see how you treat those that you don't like. So really calling him names and saying that he is mediocre, lousy, bad at presentation etc., is unwarranted and nothing more than personal attacks for whatever reason.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2013 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
OK great, case closed.
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Nicholas Einhorn posted on facebook and basically said to ignore Craig and let him get on with it. Great advice from a well respected, seasoned pro.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ 'Nothing But The Truth' by Craig Petty Ľ Ľ Episode #8 : The Twixter by Neil Trigger (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL