The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Mickey Silver (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Hi,
I had the pleasure of meeting Mickey this weekend and can tell you two things. 1. He's every bit as nice and
generous as you would expect. 2. His magic, seeing it
live is more amazing than on any of his tapes. When he
performed the slot machine there was more than one jaw dropped... He's without a doubt put so much time, thought, and effort into his magic. It's too bad we all didn't.
Tom
karnage
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
40 Posts

Profile of karnage
Argh... If I ever go to the United States I'll have to find him man...
You guys are making me jealous...
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Mickey is a real class guy.
canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
742 Posts

Profile of canaday
Got ya all beat. Mickey and I roomed together and thanks to his dedication in making sure everyone who wanted to see his coin work got enough time with him, we didn't get to bed until 3:00 am two nights in a row. I fell lousy this morning as I type this but it was worth it. John Cuddy, the president of the Boston IBM Ring, invited us out to supper on Saturday and it was awesome. We sat and broke bread with Paul Gree, Piet Fortan, Pit Hartling and Maneul Muerte. Awesome night. Hope you all enjoyed the weekend as much as we did. Thanks for supporting Mickey. It's time to get him famous. One last thing. I tried to take pictures of a lot of you with him and will try to get them onto his website in the next few days. If any of you want the original files for printing (the ones on the website are very low resolution), you can email me at canaday@gis.net after they are up. Also, we would liek to have the names of those in the pictures so we can caption them. Just keep checking mickeysilver.tripod.com.

Jim Canaday
Liam Jones
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Liam Jones
Mickey is sending me his demo tapes free of charge
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Mickey will be staying with me in california for a days the middle of may
spoke to Steve Youell he has invited me and Mickey Charlie c to his house for dinner.
Hopefully Mickey will lecture at the San Pedro Café located in san Pedro ca. stay tunned for details

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
I spent a lot of time with Mickey at the Cape Cod Conclave and I haven't changed my mind regarding his talents. Based on my 40+ years doing magic, he is, in my opinion, the finest sleight of hand performer I have ever seen. In addition, he is extremely creative and original in the magic he performs. Every movement and gesture has been carefully orchestrated and thought out even though it all looks so natural and effortless.
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
I was at the conclave and I didn't know Mickey was there! AHH

*falls over*

D***mit! I really wanted to see his coin work!

Ian
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Ian,
All you had to do was follow the sound of 40 coins hitting the table as Mickey extracted them in rapid succession out of every orifice located above his neck. The sound was deafening.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I too got to meet him (and Eebie and Larry, it was great meeting you both) and Mickey has some GREAT coin magic. I can't wait for his dvd to come out. Mickey is really nice and has some great ideas with his retention vanish.
Magic Marty
View Profile
New user
Illinois
80 Posts

Profile of Magic Marty
I'll admit, I hadn't heard of Mickey before the Conclave, but thanks to David, I was able to meet one of the finest coin workers I have ever seen. Mickey's human slot machine was rather entertaining and I had the privelege of seeing it multiple times. I can't wait for his DVD to come out, he has a lot to bring to the world of coin magic. Sorry you had to miss out on him Ian.

Marty
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I mentioned this before. No one responded. I'll mention it again.

Mickey does a one-handed coin thru the table on his second demo vid. Am I the only one fooled by this? That is one of the most subtle, direct, coins thru table I have ever seen.

Jonathan Townsend, I'm told, does a one handed coin thru table...wondering if his and Mickey's are similar?

Doug
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I do a one handed vanish, and an okay retention. Nothing like Mickey's. He does a great retention and I have no idea about his moves. Did not ask when we met.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Vinny and Mickey in the same house? Now there are 2 creative giants and there is bound to be high creative energy there!!

Vinny and Mickey are 2 of the nicest, most creative forces in magic!!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
MICKEY SILVER
View Profile
Elite user
Boston, Ma.
442 Posts

Profile of MICKEY SILVER
Hey Doug....I'll give you a clue for this one!

Take everything you ever learned about coins thru the table...OK..NOW REVERSE IT! STARTING WITH TABLE THRU THE COIN....THINK HARD, IT WILL COME TO YOU!

It sounds crazy...because it is crazy...HOWEVER, IT WORKS PERFECT.

REMEMBER...everyones mind is coditioned to see a coin go thru the table......at the last second! REVERSE IT..(YOUR MIND)..THE TABLE THRU THE COIN.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIGURE IT OUT..GOOD LUCK!

YOUR FRIEND,

MICKEY
Stuart Hooper
View Profile
Special user
Mithrandir
759 Posts

Profile of Stuart Hooper
Hey Dougini, would you mind giving all of those who haven't seen it a blow-by-blow account of Mickey's coin through the table again?

is it different than that Slydini version I saw?
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Just recieved mickey silvers retention vanish video dem, I keep playing it over and over, this is the best retention vanish ever, must get the dvd,
Brian Roberts
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
200 Posts

Profile of Brian Roberts
WOW!!! I just watched Mickey's demo tape (thanks Mickey). Really nice work,,,everyone interested in coins should see this!!

Best,
Brian
cloneman
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of cloneman
It really is an amazing sleight. I loved his human slot machine routine at the end of the tape as well.
"Anything is possible... if you don't know what you are talking about."
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I put a link to the French site that has the video on another thread.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Mickey Silver (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL