The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Methods for appearing car illusion. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ilan
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
190 Posts

Profile of Ilan
Good day magic gents and ladies.

I have been asked to perform an appearing car illusion for a large fund raiser.
+- 1000 people and I do have a bit of a budget.

I will have a day or two to rehearse on stage and they will accommodate me and my requests while building the stage.

I do need this to be a great hit and am happy to look at any possible method. We build under instructions or purchased illusion.
I am NOT opposed to BA methods.

Many many thanks in advance.

Ilan
If you can't laugh at yourself, you are obviously not getting the joke
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21178 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It is against the Café Rules to discuss methods in an open forum. With that being said, the appearing car grand illusion is not common knowledge as to the working.

It would take over a year to order one from an illusion builder. If there were plans available, it would take several expert craftsman, and apace age material to build.

You made me laugh, you have two days you can rehearse. Really, as most illusionist take at least 3 to 6 months on a daily bases to work out the performance of a grand illusion. Not to mention hiring several assistants to train and rehearse.

Most people do not jump to the top, they start out with smaller illusions to become familiar with presenting illusions.

You really need to study illusions, there are a large number of books on the subject, and you should read all of them.

You should contact an illusion builder with your idea, and get an idea of what is involved in work, time, and money.

Don't be surprised that if you can make an agreement, that the builder will not drop everything he is doing for illusionist that have paid him to complete a project for them.

I don't know which builders have the legal rights to the appearing car, so that should be your first thing to look into.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2125 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Bill is always a Master! When I was working with a major theme park company years ago, they had a simple rule. Don't draw what you can't deliver. This is not to be taken the wrong way but why would you agree to deliver an illusion like this without having some working knowledge of what it would take to deliver it? I'll admit that I've spent several decades as a consultant for major international events and I can't imagine pitching an idea without some means to deliver it. My first recommendation would be to hire a first rate magic designer/consultant to make everything work for you. It will not be cheap but that is the least that is required to pull off something like this. You need someone to design, implement, direct and stage every single element to keep it from being a potential fiasco. To paraphrase Mike Caveny... "Good times cost money!"
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Methods for appearing car illusion. (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.92 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL