The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DIGITAL FORCE BAG BY NICK EINHORN (190 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30 [Next]
yair61
View Profile
New user
Israel
55 Posts

Profile of yair61
[quote]On Aug 15, 2021, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
Here's a way where it doesn't seem to matter whether or not you know they number ahead of time - it's my favorite use of DFB, in combination with Mental Epic...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much for sharing. a few magician friends advised me to buy the DFB few months ago, and just now, when I've read your routine, I'm downloading it!
Will use it at a Bar Mitzvah show in Israel in 3 days.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
It’s a great app with so much potential.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
[quote]On Apr 29, 2022, yair61 wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2021, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
Here's a way where it doesn't seem to matter whether or not you know they number ahead of time - it's my favorite use of DFB, in combination with Mental Epic...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much for sharing. a few magician friends advised me to buy the DFB few months ago, and just now, when I've read your routine, I'm downloading it!
Will use it at a Bar Mitzvah show in Israel in 3 days.



This presentation Mr. Mindbender kindly shared with me is the best routine use I have ever come across with it. It’s brilliant Gaz.😊
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of UnbiasedMagicReviews
I just recently updated my phone to the new Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max and the DFB doesn't seem to work on it. I'm wondering if it just isn't supported or if there is some issue with the new iOS 16.0.2?

The app starts up but when I got to perform it, instead of seeing icons, I just see a screen with the background and the boxes 1-9 with numbers in them.

Is anyone else having this issue?
YouTube & Instagram - UnbiasedMagicReviews
I buy/review magic to help you make better decisions
Unbiased The Definitive ACAAN -The BEST Ungimmicked ACAAN - https://youtu.be/YtAAETDIouA
Sean Mann
View Profile
Regular user
Essex, UK
160 Posts

Profile of Sean Mann
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2022, UnbiasedMagicReviews wrote:
I just recently updated my phone to the new Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max and the DFB doesn't seem to work on it. I'm wondering if it just isn't supported or if there is some issue with the new iOS 16.0.2?

The app starts up but when I got to perform it, instead of seeing icons, I just see a screen with the background and the boxes 1-9 with numbers in them.

Is anyone else having this issue?


Try and change the 'Input Style' to 'Style 3' in DFB's settings.
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
737 Posts

Profile of egoli
Works fine for me on my iPhone 13 Pro Max and iOS 16.0.2

Ed
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of UnbiasedMagicReviews
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2022, Sean Mann wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2022, UnbiasedMagicReviews wrote:
I just recently updated my phone to the new Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max and the DFB doesn't seem to work on it. I'm wondering if it just isn't supported or if there is some issue with the new iOS 16.0.2?

The app starts up but when I got to perform it, instead of seeing icons, I just see a screen with the background and the boxes 1-9 with numbers in them.

Is anyone else having this issue?


Try and change the 'Input Style' to 'Style 3' in DFB's settings.


Thanks for the tip - That seemed to do the trick!
YouTube & Instagram - UnbiasedMagicReviews
I buy/review magic to help you make better decisions
Unbiased The Definitive ACAAN -The BEST Ungimmicked ACAAN - https://youtu.be/YtAAETDIouA
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1526 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
On last night's Fool Us, Nick Paul used the "Notes" app on his phone to pick an animal "selection" at a certain number (1 - 99). Sound familiar? Except, he handed his phone to Alyson BEFORE the selected number was named and did not touch the phone again before Alyson scrolled down the list.

Anyone know which app? I suspect it was off-stage remote input or possibly voice input. Neither of which are possible (to my knowledge) with DFB.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Maybe a new feature coming in a possible update and this was exclusive for now - maybe. But would be a game changer if remote function was incorporated into the app. Not that I’ve had anyone even question me going to the notes app, but yes that would be very good.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1526 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
FOOL US SPOILER AHEAD. IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE JAN 20, 2023 EPISODE, STOP READING NOW...

Nick's performance was terrific, but he did not fool P&T. Penn hinted at "had an accomplice, someone helping you" and mentioned "forced" when talking about the dog.

If this is a new version of DFB with remote and/or voice input, I want it! Smile

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Just watched the episode, without watching I thought from describing it, Alison was on the home screen and scrolled across to the page that has the notes app (as process with DFB) but this effect is showing the list already populated before the number named.

You can do a similar effect with inject (having objects on screen then the item appearing at that number) but you wouldn’t be able to scroll as it would just be an image.

A hands off function with DFB would still be cool inputting the number before the notes app opened, but as it is currently is still very good and clean.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Well DFB has been in need of an update since the last iOS upgrade. You never know but I doubt it.
verbzy
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of verbzy
I shared this idea in more detail on the DFB Face Book Group but I thought I would share it here too.

My favorite way to use DFB is with the spectator never saying the number and to use a PA to obtain the word. Instead of using a list of 100 answers as the force word I prefer to use a list of 100 questions. For example I could have 100 questions like think of a Star Sign, think of a simple shape, think of a fruit etc... This gives the spectator the illusion of real choice. For one they have never told me the number they are thinking of to begin with so they assume I have no idea what question they are thinking of and secondly there are multiple options for the answer to the question. All you need is a couple PAs that you are comfortable with and this is a killer.

The method I usually use for finding their number is a variation of Paul Brooks Show Me Your Hands. I use Alan Nu Signagram - Astrologic to obtain the star sign. I have come up with a couple of small PAs myself just for this reason. They don’t take long to come up with if there are only 5-8 options. In the spectators mind though there are a million possibilities. There are obviously other methods for obtaining their number secretly but I prefer not to use a billet on this occasion but billets would work fine too.

Would love to hear other peoples thoughts.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
For those of you that have this, if DFB is purchased for Android then in the future the phone is upgraded to an iphone, would the app need to be repurchased or is it transferable?

Thank you
McDuff
View Profile
New user
Royal Oak, MI
14 Posts

Profile of McDuff
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2023, Wravyn wrote:
For those of you that have this, if DFB is purchased for Android then in the future the phone is upgraded to an iphone, would the app need to be repurchased or is it transferable?

Thank you


Hi Wravyn - I'm fairly certain that you have to repurchase it. I've seen the question before on facebook never heard otherwise.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Thank you McDuff
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2023, Wravyn wrote:

If DFB is purchased for Android then in the future the phone is upgraded to an iphone,
would the app need to be repurchased or is it transferable ? - Thank you

As I know you have to buy it again for the iPhone

Is the same with Inject 2 by Greg Rostami Magic
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1986 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2023, Wravyn wrote:
For those of you that have this, if DFB is purchased for Android then in the future the phone is upgraded to an iphone, would the app need to be repurchased or is it transferable?

Thank you


The android version works on ANY android phone

The IPhone version works on ANY iPhone

They are Not transferable between system’s
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Completely new to this app so forgive me if this is a silly question. But do you have to have a list of 100 items or can it just be anywhere up to a 100?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2023, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2023, Wravyn wrote:
For those of you that have this, if DFB is purchased for Android then in the future the phone is upgraded to an iphone, would the app need to be repurchased or is it transferable?

Thank you


The android version works on ANY android phone

The IPhone version works on ANY iPhone

They are Not transferable between system’s


iPhone 1?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DIGITAL FORCE BAG BY NICK EINHORN (190 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL